4.0 out of 5 stars Chill waters
i downloaded this because it was free, on starting this i couldnt stop reading, content easy to follow the characters very believable and easy to imagine. The plot was not too unbelievable either like some mystery/crime novels. Basic outline of muder/suspense/love cant say too much without giving away book. Looking forward to reading more of this writers work.
Published on 24 Jan. 2012 by Debbie

3.0 out of 5 stars Average
It was well written but having read the reviews i was a little disappointed. It certainly didn't leave me looking over my shoulder or scared to turn the lights out.
Published 17 months ago by FT

4.0 out of 5 stars Chill waters, 24 Jan. 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good suspense novel, 4 July 2012
This review is from: Chill Waters (Kindle Edition)
Chill Waters is a well written suspense novel with a very good storyline, terrific characterization, and lots of thrills that kept me on the edge of my seat right to the end.

I enjoyed reading this book and recommend it to all lovers of exciting mysteries.

4.0 out of 5 stars Chill Waters by Joan Hovey, 30 Jan. 2014
M. R. Jobson "Bluejack" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chill Waters (Kindle Edition)
Chill Waters by Joan Hall Hovey. A good read as one would expect from this author. Am happy to recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story, 7 Dec. 2013
Mrs. I. B. Bromelow (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chill Waters (Kindle Edition)
The Author is Canadian though I didn't guess this for a while. She writes a chilling story which I enjoyed.I have since read more of her books and can recommend them all

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 29 Oct. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Again But......, 26 Dec. 2012
Lynda Kelly "Lynda" (Shipton Bellinger, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chill Waters (Kindle Edition)
I was torn between 3 and 4 stars for this one. I really like this author but as with others of hers I've read there are a lot of errors. Silly ones too like Lagosi for Lugosi or weight instead of weighed. Just silly mistakes that should have been picked up at the editing stage.
There were also sentences where the character is narrating and then not !! That makes it a bit hard going and also there are no paragraph breaks from one scene to the next.
However, Joan's stories ARE very good indeed and I tend to cut her more slack than an author I find that I've NOT read before.
This one is about a woman in her 40's fleeing her family home after her husband is unfaithful and she heads to a small place on the coast she stayed in as a kid. She begins to make a new life for herself but her new beginning coincides with a killer also being in the area the same time as she is.
I liked the story a lot and do enjoy Joan's books but I looked back on previous reviews I'd done and I had complained then about editing.......

Chill Waters