5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read
This book kept me reading at all times.

Sure there are some issues and I have tripped over a couple of grammar errors but nothing too onerous. (If you're reading this Michael, don't ask me to find them. I saw them and forgot them almost as quickly and carried on reading.)

I'd recommend this book to anyone wanting a great delve into science fiction...
Published on 18 May 2012 by Geoffrey Harrison

2.0 out of 5 stars Lazy research.
I'm going to spend about as much time writing this review as the author did in researching the facts... Ah, OK, I think I've already gone over so to cut this short:

The Good:
1. Good idea, and not terribly written.

The Bad:
2. [POSSIBLE SPOILER BUT NOT REALLY BECAUSE IT'S ALWAYS OBVIOUS FROM THE START - IF THERE'S AN ENGLISH GUY, HE'S THE...
Published on 26 Oct 2012 by M. H.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Dig, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Dig (Matt Turner Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Excellent story, one where you must read on to get the next chapter. An interesting concept raised too about materials and psychic matters.

5.0 out of 5 stars The dig is a great sory, 5 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Dig (Matt Turner Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
The dig was so different from a lot of books I have read it made it seem as though it could really ave happened that way

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed this story, 3 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Dig (Matt Turner Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book, it was exciting, well written and fast paced. It was a nice long book and I read it over a few days because I couldn't put it down. I really liked the 2 main characters that the story moved between and the story was such a good and original idea. It would make a good movie. From the first page it captured and intrigued me and then when the book started moving between the present and the past it ended up being 2 really good intertwined stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book, 30 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Dig (Matt Turner Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Downloaded this to my Kindle and couldn't put it down. It has all the genres in one read; romance ,drama sci-fi and adventure! Can't wait for this author's next novel.

2.0 out of 5 stars A difficult read, 16 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Dig (Matt Turner Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Unfortunately I did not enjoy this novel. I found the mixture of past and present to be irritating as both stories seemed to introduce characters randomly and in the ancient story, terminology for clothing, building and food was introduced with little or no attempt to explain what it was. One of the characters, Tuni, says at one point that she could not see how anything connected with anything else and I heartily agreed with her! I nearly gave up on it several times, but kept on, hoping that it would get better. It didn't. The idea of a character who could experience past lives through touch was an interesting idea but I do not think the author made the most of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Storytelling Triumph, 28 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Dig (Matt Turner Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Absolutely loved every moment of this book. Two well crafted stories intertwined which managed to combine a modern-day action adventure (with a villain!) told with humour and much excitement with an ancient civilization's moving and emotional struggle for survival.

This is well written, well characterized storytelling at its very best. It hit the spot for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Readable, nothing special, 23 Sep 2012
Ken Fowler (Leeds uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Dig (Matt Turner Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I read this book thinking it would be a sci-fi type discovery through archeology, which it was. However it is actually about a man with the unlikely ability to read an objects last users thoughts, and tied in with a love story as well. I found it a bit hard to accept the background to the story as well. Read it and you will understand what i mean, ie how come no one else has ever checked on the rogue archeologists actions?

OK but nothing special.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining Adventure, 22 Sep 2012
A book within a book.

Something akin to Watership Down hidden within a desert adventure/archaeological tale (do not want to give too much away so as to spoil the story).

Interesting little book, which kept me glued to it - something that hasn't happened for some time. Loved it.

On the whole well written and easily to read. Only the occasional spelling error/grammatical, but nothing sufficient to down-mark.

Buy it - its fun.
10/10

4.0 out of 5 stars Unpolished but interesting, 13 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Dig (Matt Turner Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This book contained one really interesting central idea. So interesting that I overlooked the most unrealistic dialogue ever, a cast of completely cartoon human characters, and a lack of explanation of the other characters. Despite this I finished the book. Only afterwards did I wonder about who the non human characters were and what happened to them. Worth the price I paid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really gooood!!!, 4 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Dig (Matt Turner Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Awesome read. kept me gripped the whole time. all the technical stuff about time period and eras and technical meuseum science shiz all sounds very well informed. Super original and good.

The Dig (Matt Turner Series Book 1)