5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read
This book kept me reading at all times.

Sure there are some issues and I have tripped over a couple of grammar errors but nothing too onerous. (If you're reading this Michael, don't ask me to find them. I saw them and forgot them almost as quickly and carried on reading.)

I'd recommend this book to anyone wanting a great delve into science fiction...
Published on 18 May 2012 by Geoffrey Harrison

3.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read
An enjoyable read that kept me turning the pages. I particularly liked the fact that there are two concurrent stories going on although the pre-history one held a lot more interest to me that the modern day one. I was definitely left with a desire to know more about what happened to the ancient society.
I would have given 4 stars, which to me would be top marks for...
Published on 25 Aug 2012 by Timothy Frank

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 18 May 2012
This review is from: The Dig (Matt Turner Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This book kept me reading at all times.

I'd recommend this book to anyone wanting a great delve into science fiction. The story has two parts as far as I can see - one in the present day and the other in the dim and distant past. Both are equally plausible and believable.

I don't know where the author is from but using appropriate words for appropriate character was one of the main things I liked. Like the use of "Mom" and "Mum" ... same thing but used for what I saw as one for an American character and one that seemed to be from the UK.

The only real criticism would be the anachronistic dig leader. He seemed very irritating to me ... perhaps that was intentional. His apparent dislike for everyone but himself made me dislike him immensly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Engrossing read, 10 Aug 2012
This review is from: The Dig (Matt Turner Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Really 'easy' book to read; by 'easy' I mean the story flowed, with uncomplicated language, avoiding the use of unnecessary 'flowery' grammatical structure just for the sake of it. I loved the author's turn of phrase and the fact that he could convey in one brilliant sentence what it would take me a paragraph to describe - I would get his meaning instantly.

I loved the characters and the way he brought them to life with their distinctive 'ways', through dialogue and the way he described their mannerisms.

Likes: Wanted to read on and on. Great descriptive (one liners) skill. Lovely story. Great characters.

I kept expecting throughout the story that something earth-shatteringly left-field was going to pop out of the pages - it didn't (apart from some unexpected actions by Irin), but then again the fact that it didn't was strangely satisfying in the end as it kept me on my toes all of the time; the story never needed it. All-in-all a great story, well-written.

Mike.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent read and a good page turner, 10 Sep 2012
Mark (Southampton, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Dig (Matt Turner Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Good characterisation for the genre and a compelling intertwined lot with a light romance element. I enjoyed this book both for the writing (the author has a pleasant style that leaves the characters to do the work) and for the character development and plot. There is very little archaeology in the book but it is a rewarding read and a steal at the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 1 Oct 2012
grant mcnicol (scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Dig (Matt Turner Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
not bad for a first novel.The story is basically a psychic connection between the present and mlllions of years ago.The present has some"odd ball"humour,but the past is serious. What i like about science fiction is it is pure imagination,and there is plenty of it in this book.A real page turner,very enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Dig (Matt Turner Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This is a very engaging yarn. I loved the dialogue and the characters. Its not perfect but I sometimes wonder how much people want for a couple of quid. I've paid more for books nowhere near as interesting as this.

Thank you Mr Siemsen for a refreshing new angle to Sci-Fi and if you release any more I shall certainly buy them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting tale, 17 July 2014
This review is from: The Dig (Matt Turner Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. The concept was a good one. The characters were interesting. The transition through the timeline was well crafted and kept the story flowing. I was expecting more exploitation of the main characters gift by more people but it kept the storyline uncomplicated. I enjoyed it and was engaged throughout and look forward to the next instalment.

3.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read, 25 Aug 2012
This review is from: The Dig (Matt Turner Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I would have given 4 stars, which to me would be top marks for what is "a good read" (I think that 5 stars should be reserved for classics only, I mean what would we give to another Godfather, for instance). However there are a couple of niggling little points that I couldnt get past. The first is the use of the word "bollix". What is this word ?. I suspect that it is meant to be the English slang swear word "bollocks". A word that in my long experience is rarely uttered by a woman, as is the case here. The other downer for me was that the author fell into the long standing "hollywood" trap of making his villain an Englishman. Oh come on. The English, in general are tolerent, good natured people, who probably have less villains than most other peoples. Look to the USA and you will find more than their fair share of bad people. Small gripes, I know, and I would still recommend this as a good book. Overall, I liked it a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Dig (Matt Turner Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This was such a great read. The first chapter had me confused and a bit worried, but after that it was smooth sailing. I found myself reading slowly on the "rewind" parts and quickly soaking it up as the plot thickened.

Matt Turner,appearing to be suffering from OCD is really protecting his abilities. It's called psychometry and it's intriguing, even more so in Michael Siemsen's book. Mr. Siemsen is an adept storyteller, creating thrills without high speed car chances, guns,blazing or blood, guts and gore. Remarkable!

A thoroughly enjoying and engaging read, one of the best books I've read in the last year or so. I'm ready to read it again!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good storyline, 24 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Dig (Matt Turner Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
A good read with a different storyline about a dig that does wrong. An interesting and entertaining read. Give it a go,

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Dig (Matt Turner Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Well written a different concept couldn t put it down. To me the definition of a good book pity the second one in the series doesn t live up to it,

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Dig (Matt Turner Series Book 1)
1.99