on 21 January 2013
Very very pleased with this product, it's light weight, super portable and despite it's size it still produces very good quality and clear sounds. The volume of sound produced by this little thing is very impressive. When I first turned it on, my friend and I were both surprised. A very good set of portable speakers, perfect for use outdoors.
on 31 July 2013
I bought this for my mountain bike and it goes everywhere with me. Excellent audio quality, I chuck everything at it, metal, jazz. soul, and loud enough to be heard over London traffic. Battery life is good. My daily commute is about an hour and the speakers only need to be charged at weekends.
on 22 August 2013
other reviews accurate - great sound, rechargeable and long battery life.

There are some really cute portable wifi speakers around - the challenge is always to get decent sound, which is why I decided to go for this one. Definitely nice warmth and good base - no distortion at higher volume and not tinny at all.

A slightly longer headphone jack cable would be good as if you are using it on your laptop because of the short lead you have to try and balance it on the keyboard - a longer lead would let you hang it off something else near by instead. Would advise you to buy a different wifi / wireless type of speaker if you are intending to use in the comfort of your home or garden. Have just bought the cool wireless Bem bluetooth cube (£50 on Amazon) as a present - will let you know how that sounds in comparison later on. Other Bem products are quite expensive and good reviews, so hoping this product will be just as good.

However, back to the Goal Zero Rock Out speaker - if used as intended -with iPhone or iPod you can just tuck that into the elastic loops on back or in the inside cavity - no dramas. There is capacity to link up multiple speakers (there is an input socket for another headphone jack) - would be fun to buy two. three or four of them and hook them up to make double the sound (eg, for parties etc). Only problem would be the limitation of the very short leads mean that you wouldn't be able to spread them around. They could solve this by making a retractable lead so then you can just use the length you need, and surely that wouldn't cost much or increase size?

The photos in listing are good - just note the short lead. Also, the unit is glued in for weatherproofness - they have just taken it apart to show the internal workings and the wooden aspect for you (I tried as I wanted to check definitely no retractable cord mechanism lurking underneath).
on 20 May 2014
I bought the speaker going off positive reviews from amazon and elsewhere, I kind of regret the purchase now because the speaker is simply lacking considering size and the power of the current market of speakers. I thought at first the speaker was just lacking eq controls so I hooked it up to the poweramp app and made a few adjustments to volume settings, the speaker still underdelivered in volume and performance. This was a surprise considering the speaker is concealed in wooden housing which should really enhance the sound, also there are two speakers enclosed in the case delivering stereo sound so I was expecting much more but sadly it didn't live up to potential. I have bought a pyro s10 now which delivers much better sound, features and overall value, I wouldn't recommend this product.
on 25 June 2013
These are pretty nifty little speakers. Even without removing the foam as shown in the picture, they sound pretty good. When the mod is applied, they sound fantastic for such a small size. They look tough too. There's plenty of padding in the casing to protect them from knocks and bumps, and the main speaker block is made from wood. I've managed to get some pretty decent bass out of these by messing around with the EQ on my mp3 player (Sansa Fuze), and the overall sound is quite nice and crisp. Highly recommended... at a very decent price. They look like they're built to last.
on 9 September 2013
I bought this speaker as my partner and I were cycling from Lands End to John O Groats on a bike and wanted some entertainment in the way. The speaker worked really well with the IPod giving enough volume for us to hear when we were on the quieter roads and when the wind was not too strong.
When the traffic was heavy or the wind was high we did struggle to hear it (we were on a Tandem) but I don't think that is the fault of the speaker.
It took a bit of experimentation to find a way to fasten it onto the bike so that the speaker was pointing in a direction that we could hear it rather than dangling towards the ground. Once sorted however, it stayed in place very well. We both felt that using this speaker was a lot safer than riding the bike with head phones which prevent you hearing traffic coming up from behind.
It says that the speak is weather resistant but I am not sure exactly what this means and would have liked more information on this.
We also used the speaker off the bike so that we could listen to the same music easily.
I would recommend it as an external speaker both on and off the bike. It is good value for money and has good battery life.
on 14 September 2013
To me the sound is perfect, it was a little bit bigger than I had expected but this does not stop it from being portable,and I am delighted with it, my fault for not looking at the dimensions in a 3D aspect. I have read other reviews but I am not a music geek, it provides very good output for the music I like without any distortion.

I would certainly purchase another for my daughter should she need a replacement for her high quality tinny one.
on 5 September 2013
After ordering this item as i found it to be the lowest price on here, I found it in a shop for 3 times the price so i though bonus. when it arrived i was so excited, it could play straight from the box and the sound quality was amazing from the size, weight and shape of the thing. If your expecting this to be an hifi system with deep bass you will be sadly upset(not saying the bass is bad at all), however this product has one of the most natural sounds i have heard on a device. I took this rock climbing and hill walking with me and the music was brilliant and clear all the way and it even survived a couple of down pours. Only problem i could find with this product is how you have to zip up your device inside of it so you cant access it, however this was easily overcome by stopping and unzipping it again which didn't take anytime.
Brilliant for the outdoor man/women who love take their music with them.
on 3 June 2014
Found these speakers to be great ,there very load and have a decent battery for most journeys ,when I got them first they fell off my bike whilst I was going fast on they went into a puddle and there wasn't a bother .i bought larger speakers before Logitech ones(not for my bike) which cost 125 and I much prefer these ones, the only thing I'd change on these it would be great if they had a play /pause button on the front
on 28 September 2014
This is a fantastic product for the money, robustly constructed and producing a great sound with plenty of bass. I use it with my MP3 or laptop when I'm in the garden or a room other than that where my main hi fi is. Fully recommended.