5.0 out of 5 stars Does work but needs patience.
Published 3 months ago by Jodie

3.0 out of 5 stars Consult your Doctor first.
Published 18 months ago by Kenshin

5.0 out of 5 stars Does work but needs patience., 1 July 2014
This review is from: Care Sodium Bicarbonate Ear Drops 10ml (Misc.)
These drops definitely do work. However the deafness from gunked up ears will often get worse before it gets better while you are using them as the wax softens and expands. The drops loosen the wax into a liquid which will eventually make its way out. I had to use them on and off for 10 days before I could get to a nurse for ear syringing, when she looked in there there was nothing left but a little of the sodium bicarb liquid which was causing some residual deafness. The deafness you get in the meantime from the expanding wax is horrible tho, if you get on with one of the DIY syringing systems sold on here then that might be enough to shift it after a few days of using the drops, without having to wait for it to work its way out at snails pace.

3.0 out of 5 stars Consult your Doctor first., 22 Mar 2013
Kenshin (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Care Sodium Bicarbonate Ear Drops 10ml (Misc.)
Your meant to use this 2-3 weeks before you have syringing in your ear, they may work for you if you have very little wax build up in your ear but if your ear wax is more serious like mine fully blocked now because what this bicarbonate ear drops did was soften the wax then moulded it together in the ear like when you burn a wax candle and wax sticks to wax when warm and soft, maybe it wont happen for you but it did for me. I suggest you ask doctor first as he might give you something else, this sodium ear drops softened the wax only not loosened it, and it pushed the wax further in and made my hearing more numb I suggest regular olive oil for loosening ear wax from a pharmacy or chemist, if you want to loosen your ear wax this sodium bicarbonate isn't as good and could make it worst for some people for me it made my hearing wost, there is a slight fizzy sensation upon application but if you do use it I wouldn't play around with the ear lobe like your supposed to do with olive oil as it made squishy noises and splashed against my inner ear which then started to hurt me a little. Its best to consult your doctor before using these, I'm going back to olive oil and then I'll probably need syringing which isn't at all a serious thing so if you also need to have it done don't worry about it. Just stick with olive oil ear drops they are more natural and better. See your doctor first above all else!

edit: I'm giving it 3/5 now its okay because it does combine with olive oil at different parts of the day to remove ear wax, what I do is use this bicarbonate ear drops in the morning, then afternoon/tea/dinner time I use olive oil, 4x total combine all for 5min each ear on my bed facing each ear up in turn then I use Earigate spray in the shower, its not all as good as syringing but It helps a lot as next best thing, a chunk of ear wax was removed using my method I think its combination that Sodium bicarbonate ear drops soften wax, then olive oil loosens it and allows it to slide out your ear providing you massage the lobe for 5 min none stop, but it needs a push and that's either syringing or what I use Earigate spray shoved in as far as it would let me go while holding the top ear lobe up, sea water backwards spray method in the ear i got off amazon, it may or may not work for you, if it doesn't you will need the syringing effect from your doctor or nurse. Good luck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Care Sodium Bicarbonate Ear Drops 10ml (Misc.)
Does what it says on the label

4.0 out of 5 stars ear drops, 15 July 2013
This review is from: Care Sodium Bicarbonate Ear Drops 10ml (Misc.)
I find these ear drops so easy to use and so comfortable. Was first prescribed them by my GP, so must work

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Sep 2014
nice

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Packaging - Same Product?, 19 May 2013
This review is from: Care Sodium Bicarbonate Ear Drops 10ml (Misc.)
I was really disapponted with this purchase as it was not what I ordered. The packaging was completely different from the picture and also different from when I have purchased it from a local shop. As yet I have not used them as I am very apprehensive of doing so. Is it the same product in a different packaging, I just don't know! I shall purchase from a local shop in future.

Care Sodium Bicarbonate Ear Drops 10ml