5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE it!
Published on 25 Sept. 2011 by Luci Ann

Published 5 months ago by A. Nuttall

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE it!, 25 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Zombie Fallout 2: A Plague Upon Your Family (Kindle Edition)
OMG, i totally love this book! 2nd in the Zombie Fallout series, it tells the story of the Talbot clan's cross-country adventures as they attempt to reach distant family. What will they find when and if they make it? The journey is exciting, fast-paced, gory (of course), entertaining, surprising, sometimes tragic, often gross(:)), and very frequently funny. Rarely have i had so much pure enjoyment from a series of books! I am a relative newcomer to zombie stories, having only read David Moody and a few short stories but i have a feeling it doesn't get much better than this. I actually want to LIVE in the ZF books! They are a real treat and i eagerly await book 4 which is due on 1st oct. Yay! I wouldn't want to give anything away but this is the zombie apocalypse with a difference and my goodness, you are gonna LOVE Talbot!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tufo treads his own path, 29 Dec. 2010
Mark Tufo takes a completely different route to any other book that I've read in this genre. Being a purist this threw me a little (what is only mentioned in the first becomes the key plot on this second book), but the way Mark writes, the storyline, Mike Talbot, it's just brilliant. I was gripped throughout. I felt like I was right there with Mike as he tears through oblivion. The only way to describe the feeling of reading Mike's inner monologue is like being one of the Talbot tribe, camping high in the rockies, enthralled by Mike's stories over a roaring fire and hot smores with Tommy.

I got my kindle on Christmas day, and since then have had my eyes glued to Mark Tufo's Zombie Fallout series. I haven't been sleeping properly since I started, I've been too busy watching the door and checking out the window. That's how good this book is.

Also, I'm glad I started reading this series after the first two had been written because I was downloading ZF2 at 2AM, I couldn't wait for more.

4.0 out of 5 stars You're hooked from the first bite, 29 Dec. 2013
Susman "Susman" (London Mills IL) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Rating: 4.5

Review for Audio book

This is book two of the Zombie Fallout series and pretty much picks up the action where book one left of. So what you get nice even spacing in the narrative. Our narrator does an excellent job of telling the tale, and his characterisations are very well done you really get a feel for the post-apocalyptic world, where the unnatural fusion of blood sucker bite (500 hundred year old vampire) and an anti-viral vaccine combine to create flesh hungry Zombies. What sets this tale apart from the plethora of Zombie books out there are the clear use of funny anecdotes and sprinkling of great humour. Without giving away spoilers this is a great series of books and really well told stories that are not predictable. I forget to mention. While they are alive the characters are really well rounded. If you have any interest in this type of horror genre you'll love these audio books.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for any zombie fan, 11 May 2013
Another great zombie book from a true talent - onwards with number 3 !

As much as I love the walking dead this would be epic on a tv series!

2.0 out of 5 stars I find him to be really annoying to the point I was hoping he'd get killed ..., 10 Aug. 2014
A. Nuttall (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
I bought the first novel and while I wasn't blown away I did think it was ok enough that I'd give the 2nd book a go. Wish I'd not bothered. The story is written well enough but there's very little suspense created, just the lead character waffling on about his aging body and making rubbish jokes. I find him to be really annoying to the point I was hoping he'd get killed off (obviously not going to happen). Only my opinion and appreciate I'm in the minority here!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 7 July 2014
This is more of the same; but not in a bad way! You know the characters from the first book, but now you can watch them grow.

I am writing this review in retrospect of reading the series, and you start to see key elements growing. Read it. Now

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant read, 29 Jun. 2014
This story is a great read! I was gripped after the first page! It was action packed and lots of twists and I actually laughed out loud atsome places. Mark tufo is an amazing author and I cant believe ive just stumbled upon this little gem at the age of 30!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 21 April 2014
Really enjoyed this book. The zombies are coming! What makes this book for me are the characters. Love Mike's perspective. Just a normal guy and his family battling the unread. Love the snippets at the end as well. Reading him them is like listening to your best friends latest shenanigans.
Well done Mr. Tufo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 4 April 2014
Ok, so I love books about zombies, but nothing I've read before matches this series. I can't put the Zombie Fallout books down. You have to buy the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best zombie book I've read, 23 Jan. 2014
In the middle of this horror of a time, Mark has shown the funny side of things, as well as keeping the book realistic. This book draws in the reader, making it near impossible to put down.