Top positive review
26 people found this helpful
Excellent product, but awful installation issues.
on 30 January 2011
I have only just received this, so cannot as yet give a definitive review, but it seems that it will do all that I wish it to do. It arrived promptly and well packaged with 3 boxed CD programs, (the program itself, a "Back up and Protect" program, and a "Create Your Own Web Site" program - will I use these extra programs? doubtful, also a "quick start guide" and a 340 page "Companion Guide"). The program includes a 6 months subscription to Ancestry worldwide membership, which will more than pay for the product itself.
BUT, and this is a BIG BUT, the installation was awful as has already been mentioned, (and from what I have read on various forums, is a major issue). It installs onto the computer, but when I tried to open it, I received the message that I hadn't closed it down correctly and that I should go into the "tools" menu and compact the files!!!! How can one not close a program correctly if one has never opened it in the first place? and how can one go into the tools menu if one cannot open it????? I also had the usual Windows message that this program has a major problem and will close etc. Anyway, I re-started the computer...no difference; un-installed it 3 times and re-installed, re-started the computer each time; ran the program as administrator.....no difference....nothing it would seem would get this to open. I have just written to Ancestry via the support section of their web site, but will have to wait about 3 days according to the automated email. In desperation I did the following, which worked and hopefully will help anyone else with the same issues, (incidentally, I have Windows 7):
1) Load the Program CD but do not let it self run, so when it starts to install automatically, press cancel.
2) Go into "My Computer" and right click the drive showing the CD and click "Copy"
3) Go back to your desktop and right click anywhere on an empty space, right click and press "copy"
4) After the CD has been copied onto the desktop, remove the CD from the drive.
5) Click and open the program and click the install button, (blue in colour and not far from the bottom of all the items)
6) After it has installed, you can delete the copied program from the desktop.
7) Hopefully when you click the short-cut on the desktop it should open - famous last words!
I look forward to reading how you get on, and thanks for listening,
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS 24 HOURS LATER:
I have tried to use the program 3 times, and while it opens fine, nothing has been saved, so all my entries and dates have disappeared! I have read the manual and everything is supposed to save automatically! I have searched the computer in case it is saved in a file somewhere, but it has not.....So back to Avanquest and I will add the answer when I hear.