5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, great price
I was swithering about buying cycling shoes as they are often quite pricey and felt that a good trainer would suffice and offer more flexibility of use. However, I spotted these shoes and decided to make a purchase then delayed again during which time the price dropped further and I did not hesitate. Been out two or three times already and they are so comfortable, the...
Published on 22 April 2011 by T. Watson

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made, but with absolutely no weather protection.
These shoes are very well made, I have done over 1000 miles with them now and they are holding up well. The fit is pretty tight and I really would like to go one bigger. They are long enough but very narrow. This isn't a problem I normally experience with 'normal' shoes. I had to wear them quite a bit to get them to 'expand' to get any comfort from them.

My...
Published 20 months ago by Mr. A. J. Fleming

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Sizing issue, 15 Dec 2012
Before I bought these shoes I read the reivews regarding sizing issues,I took the advice and bought a pair 1 size larger as I have a wide shoe fitting, big mistake, I returned the larger size to Amazon then reordered my correct size shoe it fit's great good looking shoe & comfortable to wear, have arranged a refund for the 1st pair, credit on the way cheers Amazon great buy,,

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cycling shoe., 20 Nov 2012
This is the second SPD shoe I have owned. The last pair I had over 10 years, they were fine, these are defiantly better!

It was easy to remove the plate in the sole and fit the SPD cleats. The shoes feel firm (as they should) yet comfortable to walk around in when not on the bike (as they should be).

On the bike, they are supportive, give unsagging grip on the peddles. Push or pull, they keep you moving forward. I improved a time on a regular 1 hour 'ish bike ride I do, by 10 minutes!

Off the bike, they look like normal trainers, In fact I have a pair of approach shoes that look almost the same as these! So you won't look the a geek too much on a shopping trip!

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, 5 Nov 2012
good quality shoes which are quite a bit cheaper on amazon....they have quite a lot of mesh on the upper part of the shoe which is fine in the summer but your feet do get cold at this time of year

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyday rider, 26 Oct 2012
Comfortable fit with just enough flex to make walking easy but still rigid enough for cycling.
Sizing is an issue and it does say that these shoes come up small
Sticker on box says 10.5 uk
Shoe says 45/10.5 us
In reality I would guess at it being about a 9 3/4 uk
Which was luckily a perfect fit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shimano Men's MT33 Cycling Shoe, 23 Oct 2012
The shoes seem fine, it's the size that is hard to get right.

I am a 10.5 to 11 UK, I ordered the 46 and they were too small, toe right at the end.
Then ordered the 47, which proved barely long enough, once laced up ok.
Also a snug fitting width wise, which is fine for what they are for.

Hope this helps

5.0 out of 5 stars Shimano mt33 biking shoe, 5 Sep 2012
Excellent product and service. I am a size 9 but after reading some reviews sized up to a 91/2 - they were too big and had to exchange for a 9!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 3 Sep 2012
These not only look great but are great value. Really solid sole which is great for efficient pedalling and are a comfortable fit. Similar shoes seem to cost at least £15-£20 more so was happy when I found them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cycling Shoes, 14 Aug 2012
Very nice comfortable shoes and can't think why I didn't buy them before, tried toe straps but found I was pedalling on tip toe. They work very well and hopefully will last for years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for beginners., 9 Aug 2012
Im a 19 year old student from Manchester and i have been wanting to get into cycling for a while now for fitness but never really had the motivation. Especially because of the price of some cycling shoes these days!
I stumbled across these and i thought there must be some catch to this? Rip easily? Poor comfort?
Well i was completely wrong!
As most of the reviews will say you will need to go a size up for a perfect fit. I bought 11.5 as i am 10.5.
I had a free day from work and studying so i decided why not go for a ride.
I rode on an 18 mile round route and it felt great.
They are extremely comfy. No rubbing or uncomfortable squeezing on the top of the foot which is quite common with some trainers.

I completely recommend these to anyone who is wishing to go on long rides.

You wont find a cheaper more comfortable pair!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, solid cycling shoes, 12 May 2013
I'm always very reluctant to but shoes of any kind online as I have very wide feet (off the chart last time I had them measured). I would usually buy either an 8 or and 8.5 size shoe, but I read that the Shimano shoes are a little on the small size, so I decided to go for the size 9, which fit like a glove.

These are the first and only pair of cycling shoes I have ever bought. I was looking for a comfortable shoe that had the cleat concealed in the bottom of the shoe so I could still walk with them on, and something that looked a bit nicer than most cycling shoes which I usually find look terrible to say the least.

The sole of the shoe is quite thick and very heavy. When I first put them on it takes a few minutes of walking around in them to get used to them, they feel a bit like having big clumps of mud stuck on the bottom of your shoes, which I put down to the additional weight and thickness of the sole to accommodate the cleat. Shimano have done an excellent job of concealing this fact in the design, the sole must be twice as thick as a normal shoe, but you wouldn't know from looking at them - the design really is very convincing as a normal trainer.

The cleat is fully concealed in the bottom of the trainer, which was a must for me. I cycle to University in these, and don't take a second pair of shoes so I wear these all day long - they are just as good as any other pair of shoes when it comes to long term comfort. On slightly uneven surfaces you do get the occasional tap from the cleat, but this is not a big problem and does not happen very often.

Attaching the cleats to the shoes was easy enough, and the design in the bottom does allow for adjustment in the positioning. I had to try most of the possible positions to get them right for me, but I never have used cleated shoes before. It's well worth spending the time getting this right, I was amazed at how much difference this made.

I get the impression that these shoes will last longer than I will - the fabric is very tough, but the soles are amazing - the stronger the soles are the better cycling performance you should get, if less energy goes into bending and flexing the show, then more is going into the pedals. The rigidity is excellent, and gives the feeling that you could kick a hole through a concrete wall with these on.

Highly recommended purchase, but make sure that you give the size some thought, there is no way I would fit into an 8 or an 8.5 so bear this in mind when choosing a size.

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 | Next ›