5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Love this album, I want more from Magnetic Man but it doesn't seem like there's anything new out there. I've listened to this album loads, it's one of the top five albums I have bought this year for certain and has now given me a thirst to find other artists of the same genre, but they seem few and far between. Did enjoy Nero and Disclosure.
Published 2 months ago by mrwotzit

3.0 out of 5 stars good album
I do like the original tracks that were first released like I need air but the ones that have nto been released on radio I was not kean on to be honest. When I play the album I usually only play the selected tracks as I say have been on the radio.
Published on 15 Sep 2011 by Ruth

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 May 2014
mrwotzit (London, England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars magnetic man, 16 Dec 2013
This review is from: Magnetic Man (Audio CD)
great album, great tracks and a good price a worthy addition to any ones cd collection, one of the best albums I've bought this year

5.0 out of 5 stars Good album., 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: Magnetic Man (Audio CD)
I don't follow music, I just happened across this album on youtube and loved it. Good tunes with a good mix of styles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Two words... 'Love it', 27 Feb 2013
As I lost my original copy, i just had to buy it again, its a must have album for me

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnetic Man Rules!, 27 Mar 2012
This review is from: Magnetic Man [VINYL] (Vinyl)
It came promptly. Still in mint condition. Its always good to know if it has been opened or if it is new. Magnetic Man is amazing I saw them all play in SF on March 19th 2012. This album covers a variety of sounds from Techno - Dubstep to Japanese futurism. Some songs have vocals which is unusual for underground dance music but I think they (Artwork, Skream, and Benga) are trying to reach a broader audience. All three musicians here are brilliant and I feel great supporting the underground sound and the true vinyl culture. Long live the vinyl and its superior sound!! I purchased the CD as well and found the record to have a much warmer vibrance to it. The feeling cannot be matched!

5.0 out of 5 stars Music to be played in fresh air, 10 Nov 2011
This review is from: Magnetic Man (Audio CD)
I love this album! Simple as that. I'm quite new to the whole dubstep thing and it may have passed me by if wasn't for Fearne Cotton introducing me to Nero, playing them on her radio show - and I only tuned in by accident! (have not listened to radio 1 for quite some time!).
It is so fresh and airy, the presence of Katy B, are certainly highlights but, in so far as being joined in fine high company.
The dud track for me is 'Fire' with a very scary miss dynamite. Its over produced.
Other than that its all highly enjoyable - truly fresh air, there is nothing here that will bring you down, but nor is it all fluff; there is real substance here, the catchy 'Boiling Water', to the frenzy of 'Mad'. Yes its quite commercial - and why not? People who sell stuff for a living kind of need to be, but that doesn't mean its factory produced.
All said this is to be enjoyed and not really to be treated as a serious study example of the dubstep genre.
I just love it and have been playing it for months and will play it some more :-)

3.0 out of 5 stars good album, 15 Sep 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Album, 12 Aug 2011
B. Lassen (Oxford) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magnetic Man (Audio CD)
Great album and a worthy edition to any music collection. Great tracks and vocals by Katy B and John Legend. If you don't like really heavy dubsteb then you'll like this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hit and miss, 4 Aug 2011
This review is from: Magnetic Man (Audio CD)
Loved the last few tracks on this album. ADORE 'going nowhere' but dont the other tracks as highly. Awesome artists, but as with most dnb/dubstep/techno albums, they never do justice to the other remixes and sets that they play. awesome line up, soso album.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed...., 1 Aug 2011
This review is from: Magnetic Man (Audio CD)
Having read the reviews on this album I decided to give it a try although I have to admit I was a little disappointed on first listening to it - I am hoping that it will grow on me over time! Fave tracks are I Need Air and the two by Katy B - to me this album is not half as good as Katy B On A Mission, which I absolutely love! I really wanted to like this album and was looking forward to listening to it but I was rather disappointed!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›