on 23 August 2001
Silver on the Tree is the climax of the sequence, when all the characters join together to fight the Dark for the last time. This is absolutely unmissable, but you have to read the other four first (that might sound daunting, but you'll skate through them). This is Susan Cooper at her best, gripping the reader and drawing them into the strange, dark world she has created. Anyone who likes Gothic fantasy, adventure on a large scale, plenty of believable characters and a whopping big race against time should read this.
on 27 December 2013
I adore the whole series and have ever since I was a child. Before Potter and Pullman there was the world of The Dark and The Light, bound up with Athurian Legends and the history of these Isles. Truely magical for all ages with a strong moral lesson that under pins the narrative in such a way that it is entirely natural. As relevant today as when it was written.
on 19 March 2016
Bought to re-read using the kindle. A great series of books that I read as a child and revisit occasionally. The dialogue will probably seem a little old fashioned but the content and storyline make for a magical and exciting series. I loved this series as a child and still love it now.
on 9 February 2012
great for the money. came within 7 days, i got this for my daughter and she loved it. anything to keep her happy.
on 19 July 2013
This was part of a nice gift idea. Thank you for a great gift! more words more words more words
on 21 December 2013
A book (and series) that works on more than one level and encourages suspension of disbelief. I loved it! A shame the series wasn't longer. It was especially interesting the way several strands from earlier books came together.
on 10 May 2007
I read this ssoooooo long ago but I still get the same feeling when I look at these books, I'm actually scared to read them again in case I ruin my memories of them. But seriously, if you want amazing books that never leave you, you've found them (I guess I should really have put this on the first book but this was what I was recommended) I cant praise them enough. I have read so many good books but these still stand out even from about 8 years ago!
on 18 May 2014
Great final to all these books in the series. Read the 1st 4 as a teenager and recently reread them after finding them in the attic in my mothers house. Was delighted to discover there was a 5th book I did not know about. Particularly liked all the Welsh references being from Wales.
on 11 May 2015
Very good book in a very good series.
on 2 October 2014
I love all the books in this series.