2.0 out of 5 stars Practika x5 Slide scanner, 9 April 2012
This review is from: Reflecta x5-Scan - Film/Slide Scanner (Electronics)
I tried this product for a weekend and found the 5 Megapixel definition of the scanner to be unsatisfactory, and the instructions were not very clear. I compared the projected image from my 35 mm slide projector on a screen about 1 metre square and decided the scanned-in version was a poor definition image. It would be a waste of my time to scan in my slides - I have about 4,000 I could scan which would take a lot of effort.
fyi Since then I have had a disk failure with my laptop so I am glad I had not started the scanning effort. If you have a working projector/screen you have a form of backup which is quite valuable, though of course the tedious task of organising slided in boxes is still there, and it is not a convenient way of showing the pictures. But when you see them on a big projector screen, they do look good.
I got a refund no problem via Amazon, so it only cost me the return postage. Maybe a more expensive, better definition scanner would satisfy me, but that can wait till another winter.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice scanner - shame about the instructions., 2 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Reflecta x5-Scan - Film/Slide Scanner (Electronics)
The scanner produces images that are perfectly adequate for my purposes, but it seems to have a mind of its own when you are trying to access the various functions. Looking at the instructions requires a lot of concentration because they are quite the worst I have ever come across - including flat-pack furniture!

Reflecta x5-Scan - Film/Slide Scanner