Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£6.23

on 2 October 2015
I really enjoyed this story, and glad I was not put off by some of the other more negative reviews. An interesting look on the effects of adultery on a relationship and whether its possible to save a marriage. When the hero was introduced towards the end of the previous book, I wasn't sure that he was going to be likeable, as we only see him from his wife's perspective. However, as we get to know him more in this book, and what led to the break up with his wife, I really wanted him to succeed in being given another chance to rebuild their marriage.
on 10 April 2012
Having read Disaster Status and thoroughly enjoyed it, this book wasn't comparable. Overall it was okay but I found it bleak and heavy going with too many references made to adultery. While I'm not a religious person I have no problem with chistian books but I didn't feel here that the faith was properly embedded into the storyline. I was glad I persisted to the end as the epilogue made some connections back to Disaster Status.
on 13 April 2012
There were no reviews when i bought this otherwise I'd have taken warning that it was christian fiction and kept well away. Again the synopsis makes no reference to the type of book this really is.

The other reviewer called it bleak and depressing - I just found it dull; a vehicle for preaching. A predictable tale of a couple in a dead marriage, one who wants to reconcile and one who apparently doesn't. I found the endless references to faith tedious and do US hospitals really have prayer meetings before ER shifts? The interaction between characters is repetitive and predictable.

A bible verse about love quoted in full left me drowning in syrup and I'm afraid I gave up around the half way mark.
on 16 April 2012
the book is about second chances, and a man's mission to get back to his wife before their divorce is final and despite the fact that she refuses to talk to him and the fact that he only started trying to get back to her in the last 4 days before the court date.

some spoilers here: it's sweet really about a woman who never believed marriages last forever and was proven right when her husband cheats on her - though to be fair to him she had kicked him out of the house and they were separated and his partner had died when he slept with the other woman - the partner's sister who was also grieving. the other woman is aggravating because she would go to any length to have the main character love her, even resorting to lying and scheming, very annoying.

my problem with it is that there were too many references to the church and faith that don't fit in the story well and EVERYONE in the story is a christian who rely completely on god and believe in his will, except for the heroine who had given up on god but keeps having annoying monologues with him.

all in all, it's an ok book about second chances and forgiving and renewed trust
on 5 November 2014