1,430 Reviews
 (1,019)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best One So Far
I have used a lot of pedometers in the past, and all of them were very inaccurate. It now seems that the very respected brand, Omron, has finally worked out what we all need, which is a pedometer that works and also gives you a bit more information on how you are doing!

Published on 28 Oct. 2010 by Paul Tinsley

1.0 out of 5 stars Hopelessly inaccurate
Published 22 months ago by canon snapper

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best One So Far, 28 Oct. 2010
Paul Tinsley "Tinz" (Guernsey, British Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

This neat little device is very simple to set up, but it pays to have some vital statistics already written down so that you can enter them when you set it up. You enter the time, your weight in kg, your height in cm and also your stride length in cm, which can be easily calculated by referring to the instruction booklet.

As well as telling the time, this device has a mode toggle that will display steps taken so far, the distance travelled in km, the calories burned in kcal and the fat burned in grammes. It can also store specific sessions that you can record from start to finish, which is very handy to compare different activities.

In all of my walks, I have found this device to be quite accurate indeed and I at last feel that I can rely on a pedometer to give me a pretty accurate estimate of how much walking I am doing and the likely benefit to my health. Especially useful is the feature that estimates the calories, as I like to have an idea of how my walks add up over the week and which ones are paying off better than others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Walking back to happiness . . ., 4 Sept. 2013
I was inspired to buy this bit of kit after catching sight of the elephant in the room in a photograph and realising it was me. First reaction was to comfort myself with a large bar of chocolate, followed by several glasses of vin rouge. Which I did. After the hangover cleared, I knew that the chocolate/wine diet was not working for Nellie and I would have to try something else. I did think about packing my bags and heading off to the circus, but I hadn't the energy. Since I'm an elephant and not a gym bunny, I knew the gym was not my natural habitat.Besides, I can't stand being on the treadmill with some grunting, testosterone-fuelled man on the one next to me showering me in his sweat. I didn't want to land myself with expensive gym membership fees either - been there, regretted that. All that got slim was my bank account to the point of anorexia. Then I remembered how I had managed to shift the weight previously - simples - just by walking. The motivator at that time had been to snare the man of my dreams. However, I wasn't the woman of his, so that didn't work too well. But the weight came off and I felt great. No more groaning as I climbed the stairs. No more 'toddler' sitting on my lap every time I sat down. No more kidding myself that the clothes manufacturers were making everything too small these days and that a size 16 was really a size 10. Now, I am the sort of person who needs motivation - a Sergeant Major shouting at me might do it, but they're not easy to find. However, this nifty little pedometer has proved to be a real boon. It's fairly simple to programme and once I had done the necessary, off I got into my stride. Every day I clip it to my bra strap and every evening, just before, I go to bed I check it to see how many steps Nellie has taken. Beneath the blubber, I am quite a competitive person and even compete against myself. So, I am always trying to better yesterday's step count. Actually, yesterday's step count was 20,000, which was pretty darn good. I am heading out shortly and know that my little Omron will be with me every step of the way faithfully recording my progress - and I am progressing. Nellie has regressed to being only a baby elephant. Soon, she may even transform into a gazelle (I can dream, can't I!). This morning, though, I had a bad moment. I forgot to un-clip poor Omron from my bra before I put it in the wash. Lo and behond, it appeared completely unscathed. It was clean, shiny and had taken the opportunity to do 1164 steps (which I must deduct from today's total!). What more can I say - I love it - Omron and I are an item - together forever. PS. I don't really use it for its calorie counting abilities, since metabolisms differ from person to person. But, I suppose it might be useful as a rough guestimate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate and compact pedometer, 16 Feb. 2011
Melanie Pratt (Wales, U.K.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a previous user of the Omron Walking Style Pro Pedometer which I loved until its screen met with an unfortunate accident, I was interested to try a different model.

The first thing that struck me upon opening the package was how much smaller this model is, it's approximately 6cm by 3.5cm and only about half a cm thick, so fits beautifully into a jeans pocket. The place at the base of the pedometer where the lanyard attaches swivels round, the manufacturers provide a short lanyard with a clip on it which is very convenient for attaching to belt loops on trousers, the pedometer could easily be used around one's neck if this was substituted for a long lanyard, however.

Unlike with my previous model, the Walking Style III Pedometer's screen does not stay on all the time, it goes blank after a short while and you have to press a button to reawaken it. I wasn't all that keen on this at first, but the difference this makes to battery life is quite striking - I have been using it on the same battery for almost four months now.

As with all the Omron pedometers, the step counting is very accurate (not perfect, obviously, but their motion sensors are radically better than conventional 'pendulum' pedometers), and it counts steps just as well tossed into a pocket or bag as it does if carefully clipped in an upright position onto your waistband.

Highly recommended item. Definitely worth paying a little extra for one of these quality pedometers.

5.0 out of 5 stars SMALL, USER FRIENDLY....GREAT., 19 Mar. 2012
My trusty pedometer finally gave up on me after about 8 years of faultless service. So, I was desperate to replace it with something equally as small, easy to operate and accurate. I did see this Omron model in Argos, but as it was out of my price range, I opted for a cheaper one. I returned this as it was unsuitable and bought another model from Argos, which was more like an alarm clock than a pedometer, it was huge! Needless to say, this was returned also. I then tried the internet, discovered Amazon, and found the exact same Omren model at a much cheaper price...ideal!!

It is so easy to set up, and the added bonus of being able to carry it in my pocket is brilliant, I can take it anywhere, any time, without having to clip it on to a waist band and hope it doesn't come off! If I don't have a pocket I can wear it (concealed) around my neck, although I don't find the clip provided very useful, so I tend to use my own strap. The 7 day history is also a very useful feature as I can monitor my activity for the whole week.
I would definitely recommend this product to my friends.

The Amazon reviews on this pedometer were so helpful, that I decided that by writing my own, it might help someone else in their purchase decision.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hopelessly inaccurate, 22 July 2013
canon snapper (South West England) - See all my reviews
After my faithful Omrom Walking Style One met an unfortunate end after going through the washing machine, I decided to stick with Omron but go for the Walking Style Three. What a disappointment. After a few walks it became apparent that it was returning very different results to my previous pedometer. So I decided to do a simple test : I took 400 steps using both the Walking Style Three and another Walking Style One we still have. The Walking Style One counted 408 which is pretty accurate, the Walking Style Three counted nearly 500, an error of around 20%!

Also, I feel that the wearing options are not ideal. You get supplied with a small clip to go on a shirt pocket or similar, and this clip does not look very durable. You also get a very short strap - so short I can't see any purpose for it. So the WS3 has been returned and I will be buying a new WS1.

3.0 out of 5 stars Neat little pedometer, 8 Nov. 2010
Brian Hamilton "brianhamilton14" (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Omron have got a pretty neat little pedometer here. Unlike some simpler models this pedometer requires you to input your weight, height and stride length in order that it can figure out how far you've walked, calories you've burnt and grams of fat you have worked off. This is a good feature as many generic pedometers basically guess your distance as they don't have the ability to personalise.

The unit seems pretty solidly constructed and the lanyard is good enough too. The pedometer is very simple to use, it stores seven days of information and records anew each day. There is a spot function that measures separately from the seven day recorder. This is handy if you are going out for a hike or walk and want to figure out how far you have gone during that walk.

Beyond being a novelty an accurate pedometer is actually a useful tool for navigation and hillwalking as it replaces having to pace out distances in your head.

Where I ran into difficulties with the Omron was the accuracy of the unit. I walk a circuit that is two miles in length, however, when I use the Omron it gives a distance of less than two miles. I have tried tweaking the pace setting on the unit but it doesn't make much of a difference. The unit will require further tweaking.

Apart from the slight issue with distance this is a neat little unit and recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars * Brilliant Little Gadget *, 9 Nov. 2012
I don't usually leave feedback but I have tried several pedometers and I am impressed by this little gadget! My usual problem with previous pedometers is with the reset button. Not that I ever want to reset it to 0 after I have completed a very busy day walking my socks off!! With the Omron pedometer however there is no way you can accidently press the reset button because there isn't one. It stores your steps, calories, kms travelled etc for the last 7 days - what more do you want from a pedometer?! Oh and it has a handy little clip/grip to secure to your waistband, pocket etc. Because you don't have to worry about pressing buttons you can store the pedometer anywhere (even bra) and with the clip in place it is not going to go anywhere!

1.0 out of 5 stars Records car journeys, 2 Sept. 2014
Looks nice, like the short lanyard and a clip to keep it secure even though clip is plastic and not very robust. Downside - this pedometer registers car journeys so not much use if you are going to be travelling by car during the day unless you take it off and put it lying flat on the dashboard for even short journeys. Also is not consistent as I have found that for the same journey it does not always record steps! The instructions do mention that it may not record accurately for bus/car/train journeys which in effect prevents a return as a faulty gadget. So a useless bit of kit other than for telling the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pedometer setting the pace, 4 Nov. 2010
metacritic "zshamas" (West Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The step counter unit arrived it was much more compact than I expected being slightly larger than a wristwatch so can easily be stored in even a small pocket or in a handbag or hand held. The unit comes with a wrist strap rather than a full neck strap which for me would have been more convenient, although included is a clip which can be conveniently attached to an item of clothing in conduction with the supplied wrist strap.
Switching the unit on for the first time (or after depressing the set button on the rear) you are required to set up your profile ie height, weight, stride length etc once you have done this the unit is ready to use. The step counter features the following functions: current time of day, step count, distance covered, calories consumed, fat burned. The display is large enough and the information clearly and easily readable and the buttons are large enough I believe even for larger fingers to easily operate. There is also a memory function which allows you to store upto 7 days worth of data, for instant recall. The unit utilises a clever sleep function whereby after 5 minutes if no button is pressed the display goes off but the unit continues to operate to conserve battery life.
The unit is purposely aimed at walking for exercise although I have used it just as well for running/jogging by setting a suitable stride length. Another quality Omron health oriented product!

The detailed enough instruction manual comes in the following languages: English, French, German,Italian, Spanish, Dutch Russian & Arabic.

Pros: Small size, good sized buttons, simple to operate, clear display.
Cons: No neck strap included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product, 7 Aug. 2012
Bought it to go walking in Switzerland. Was easy to set up and easy to use. But then horror left the device in my walking trousers and gave them a wash. The device came out cleaner and still works perfectly.I did not think it would survive.

Omron Walking Style III Pedometer