on 22 December 2011
I bought this printer to replace a Samsung wireless colour laser printer, which at just over a year old had run out of toner for the first time, and I was amazed to see that I could buy a whole new laser printer from Dell, complete with toner (with yield of 2000 pages) for CHEAPER than I could buy a set of Samsung toner cartridges (with a yield of 1000 pages)!!!!!!! how can this be logical? I don't know but either way it was an easy decision (although not a very ecological one).

The printer is in fact better than the Samsung one in a key way - it has an LCD display which tells you what it is doing, and a menus system that is button driven - great.

There is one caveat for MAC users - you cannot configure the wireless unless you have a PC, or you configure the network first and then plug in by CAT5, then access the printers built in web server.... This can be a tad long-winded (especially if your wireless router is buried in the loft like mine :( )

So I can only give first impressions - it works - it prints effortlessly, the paper feed tray would have been nice if it were covered in order to keep dust off the paper when not in use - but it's cheap.... The colour prints are not as sharp as the Samsung was, and there is some banding, but for what we use it for it's perfect. Just don't expect ink-jet quality colour prints.
on 8 September 2011
I bought a Dell 1350 CNW from an Amazon reseller about three months ago. Whilst not the cheapest colour Laser around, I chose the Dell because the toner cartridges are a reasonable price, unlike some other makes where you might as well go and buy a new printer when the cartridge needs replacing.
Anyway, delivery was smooth and quick from Bentham. No problems on that front.
Installation is a bit involved, half dismantling the printer to remove all the packing tapes . . . but then it worked first time no problems, so I suppose that's worth it.
Printer connected up to my router via cable, run the Dell software on a Win7 machine and there she is! And there she's stayed!. Three months of home use, no problems. No jams. Original cartridges still going strong. Doesn't have any problem feeding cheap/recycled paper. User interface is simple and it just does what it says on the tin . . . you hit the print button, and ten seconds later out spits the print-out.
My only negative comment is that photo's haven't been as clear as on my old inkjet, but I haven't really experimented that much to find the best settings/paper for it and have been using up my supply of HP Inkjet Photopaper in it, which is probably why.
It works. Its a colour laser printer. It can connect to a network if you want. Replacement toner cartridges are a reasonable cost.
Guy
on 17 April 2011
I bought this laser printer for use in my home office. It's easy to set up and use, and the colour printer quality is really good and better than the quality I get from the big colour laser we have at work. For the first few days, my two kids kept asking me to print out pictures of themselves! It's not a big printer and fits nicely in the corner of the room I have it it. The wireless functionality is good and means I don't have lots of wires dangling everywhere making it neat and tidy. All in all, a good printer. I definately recommend it.
on 2 September 2011
We have been using Dell printers for last few Years, overall been happy with them and this one so far is been good, no complications as we've installed many in the past also the price Amazon was much better than Dell themselves?!

The only area which was rather frustrating was that on Dell's website had the sizes which was fine as we wanted something very compact however when unit arrived it was noticed that the paper tray comes out and has to stay out therefore depth of the printer changes dramatically, thankfully it did not cause major issue in this case.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 4 November 2015
FIVE YEARS
==========
It's still going strong after 5 years with use 3-4 times a week.

QUALITY
=======
Good quality results each time.

RARE
====
Paper jams are not that frequent.

RECOMMENDED
=============
on 7 November 2011
Like all my past Dell printer this is reliable workaday machine and I am pleased with my purchase. It is relatively quiet and small and does what it is meant to do. Just what I needed, something that you do not think about, it just works.
on 18 May 2011
Printer is generally good as a home work horse but as stated by other reviewer it did turn up with a European power cord not a British one! Luckily a spare cable was available.
If you setting up the wireless configuration, first install it locally using the USB cable then use the utility to input the details like IP address (if you want static) and WPA keys. Much easier than trying to do it through on board screen and buttons.
on 28 October 2011
Well, to answer my own question, the cost of replacement cartridges.

The kit itself is fine. Setting up the wireless connection was diverting rather than simple but I got there. Once it's set up it works reliably well for my wife and me and our two laptops. Lack of wires a distinct benefit.

My printer came with a european plug on it. I just used the power lead from the venerable and hugely reliable old LaserJet 1100 I'm retiring because I can't get it to work properly with a serial to USB adaptor cable. I see someone else has had the same issue over the power lead but I haven't troubled Amazon about it - although I guess they would have sorted something if I'd asked.

Don't regret buying this at all and the price was a major factor. Perhaps I'll just buy another one when the cartridges need replacing. It looks as if it might save me money.
on 21 April 2014
This is a great little printer. Quality is very good, as is speed.

After a few months the paper feed tray is failing to feed the paper and I am forced to use the manual tray now until I get around to fixing it. Toner, as with most printers, is pricy but its competition isn't much different.

My biggest issue is this unit's support for MAC. It's like Dell doesn't even know MACs exist. support for Wifi is non existent and looking around online it seems no one knows a perfect solution. I got it working by using a PC (!) and the bundled disc to get it working on my Wifi, but recently I had to reset my router and now I am back to using ethernet for now, even after trying again for over an hour to get it to work with my Apple router.
on 26 January 2012
I have to say, that printer works very quiet and it is pretty light (so comes in as pretty handy). I just started to use it so I don't know for how long the toners will last, but the quality of print is outstanding.
I recommend it!