5.0 out of 5 stars The helper, hiding in your dock
Worthwhile getting the lifetime license, I believe: Especially if you install lots of software.
Some applications install multiple languages - and how many do you speak? A complete waste of disc space, for most of us.
Clean My Mac will find and delete these language files.
Published on 1 Aug 2011 by Voyager

3.0 out of 5 stars A Warning...
I bought this a few days ago to install on my MacBook Pro.

Published on 16 Jun 2012 by John in Cornwall

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The helper, hiding in your dock, 1 Aug 2011
This review is from: CleanMyMac, Lifetime Licence (Mac) (CD-ROM)
Clean My Mac will find and delete these language files.
It will also search out Universal Binaries, and delete the version you don't need - either Power PC or Intel.
After checking Logs, Caches, System Junk and Leftovers (such as support files that were left when you just dragged an application to the trash) it reports how much space it has recovered.
It also dives in and asks you if you want to delete support files, if you later just drag an application to the trash.
But it also has an Uninstall Applications feature to ensure that this happens correctly.
All in all a program that sits unobtrusively in your dock, until it notices a problem - then it leaps out and tells you.

I have always endeavoured to keep my system `clean', but Clean My Mac has found 2.4 Gigabytes that I missed.
It did, however, miss the odd item; but all in all did a very good job.

The only thing I didn't like about this application, was the need to register it online, before it would work. There are still a few people who don't have broadband, and this just wouldn't work for them. I think "Must Register Online" should be displayed prominently on the box. This does make the experience a bit less `Mac-like'.

Is it worth it?
In my view; Yes. Although I am not short of disc space, I think that removing `junk' will help the OS to run faster and more efficiently. And if you're running short of disc space, it's almost essential.
As a point of interest - it does work with OS7 'Lion'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent clean up, 4 Jun 2011
Graham J. Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CleanMyMac, Lifetime Licence (Mac) (CD-ROM)
Installed and immediately did a clean - the utility was able to find me nearly 7Gb of memory by stripping out clutter from 2 years of use on my iMac which is pretty well stuffed at the moment. Needs a higher capacity HDD upgade soon. Where important issues are found it will tell you what the issue is for you to make up your mind before it commits. The utility will pop up from time to time to inform you or request a scan - but you can defer this to a more convenient time. I like it a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and does a great job, 13 Jun 2011
M. Price (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CleanMyMac, Lifetime Licence (Mac) (CD-ROM)
What does this do? Well when you install apps on your mac you end up installing all the languages that come with it and then when you upgrade to a newer updatged version all this residual cack gets left in place, this little gem will remove the universal binaries and extra langauge packs from your installed software plus lots more with ease - you get the option to select which bits to use or not use.

Is it safe to uninstall the other components? Heck yeah! There are regular updates that come out and download / install in seconds, I have freed up over 70gb of junk on my machine in just 12 months.

Although the mac has the ability to drag an installed app to the trash can to uninstall it you're far better to have the setting enabled to let this do it for you as it will remove the lot instead of most of it! put all the pieces together and you'll end up with a great clean mac and for the price should you really be thinking about it? There are other apps out there like MacKeeper but personally this is the one for me, no messing around and has never messed up anything on my mac it shouldn't have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 20 Dec 2010
This review is from: CleanMyMac, Lifetime Licence (Mac) (CD-ROM)
I love the design of this application and it really cleaned a few gigs of space on my MacBook Air which is great because I don't have a huge disk. Would definately recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 11 Oct 2010
This review is from: CleanMyMac, Lifetime Licence (Mac) (CD-ROM)
I downloaded CleanMyMac and I used for some time now. The app does its job and my Macbook Pro runs noticeably smoother and slimmer. The interface is very simple and friendly. So I've bought a copy for my girlfriend because she loves to download useless crap and CleaMyMac is just what she needs.

It just does what it says on the tin!! '''''

5.0 out of 5 stars CleanMyMac, 5 Feb 2012
M. Baldie "BoBo" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CleanMyMac, Lifetime Licence (Mac) (CD-ROM)
Having moved across from Windows in the past year, I was concerned that Mac operating system does not require a defrag or a means of keeping the hard drive tidy. Apparently Mac's use a more advanced filling system, but they still gather rubbish like all filling systems. CleanMyMac does exactly what it's title says and does a very good job. I have "Lion" and CleanMyMac have managed to regain Gb's of lost space with no problems. It's a easy user friendly piece of software if you own a Mac get this software you will not regret it.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Warning..., 16 Jun 2012
This review is from: CleanMyMac, Lifetime Licence (Mac) (CD-ROM)
I bought this a few days ago to install on my MacBook Pro.

As it happened I had to take my computer into the Genius Bar at my local Apple store to solve a minor issue that I had with it. I happened to mention to the 'Genius' that I was intending to use a decluttering programme on the computer: he asked which one and I told him CleanMyMac. He advised me not to use it because some files are only used by the Mac operating system every 6 months, and that CleanMyMac will remove those files believing them to be junk files, the result being that your computer may cease to work for an unknown reason some months down the line. He recommended instead one of the free decluttering programmes from the Apple App Store which, because they are in the App Store, have 'been checked by Apple'.

Hence the three stars - maybe it's good, but maybe it's not so god for your Mac. I'm not sure, but I don't think that I'll be using it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simplicity itself, 10 Jun 2011
Robert Hedge (Horncastle, Lincs United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CleanMyMac, Lifetime Licence (Mac) (CD-ROM)
I had been concerned for sometime about the 'clutter' that could be accumulating on my Mac and was delighted with this product, in that, without too much manual input it really did clean up all the junk that was on there. It was really inserting the CD and let the program sort it all out. However the so-called interface was a little strange when compared to this type of software for PCs

5.0 out of 5 stars Removes gigabites of unwanted files. Quick and easy to run, this is a great piece of software that does exactly what it promises, 22 Feb 2012
L. Hubbard (Cardiff) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: CleanMyMac, Lifetime Licence (Mac) (CD-ROM)
Being fairly new to Mac, a friend suggested this program for freeing up a lot of space on the hard drive by removing unwanted and unused files from your system. It does exactly what it claimed, and on my first run, the program removed over 4gb of clutter.

The thing I liked about this software was the ease of use. Simply hit "scan" and once it's identifying the files that can be cleared, just hit "clean". It's as simple as that. It clears a whole range of unwanted files such as additional language files, system logs and many other things.

With this package, you get a disk with the program and a security key within the box for lifetime updates and support. Just type in the security key and provided you are online, it's registered with no fuss whatsoever. However, it can only be installed on one Mac at a time, so unlike other security software, you will need a new license for each machine should you have more than one Mac.

Overall, it works brilliantly on Mac OS Lion - the time taken to scan for files is between 30 seconds to a minute in my case, and takes a few seconds to clear the files. I have no hesitations in recommending this to other Mac users.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box, 12 Feb 2012
This review is from: CleanMyMac, Lifetime Licence (Mac) (CD-ROM)
It cleans your mac in an easy to use and efficient manner. There is an alternative app made by a competitor but I had purchased this before I was aware. The app is cheaper and supposedly faster.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

CleanMyMac, Lifetime Licence (Mac)
CleanMyMac, Lifetime Licence (Mac) by MacPaw Inc (Mac OS X, Mac OS X Intel)
Out of stock