5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for girls!
Published on 1 Dec. 2011 by mummy_cool

Published 6 days ago by Jenny

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for girls!, 1 Dec. 2011
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
I bought this for my little boy who is 14 months old. I know it's purple, but the colour shouldn't bother anyone. Boys need to learn to share and say ta as well! He goes to nursery anyway, so he plays with goodness knows what there! My son likes taking the items out of the basket and putting them back in, he gives items to me and I have to say 'ta' before he'll let go!

The only thing is the lid could be a bit stronger, it feels a bit thin but there again we haven't had any breakages!

The voice is English too which is nice, I think English children find it easier to understand and respond more to the toy if it is in their own accent. It's got volume control if it's all getting a bit much! Lovely toy all round, I am pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 17 Feb. 2015
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
Both my young girls have had great fun with this picnic basket.

In the set you get:
> two large red forks
> two plastic beakers
> two plates each with three slots for food
> food to fit into the slots on the plates
> picnic blanket (about the size and feel of a handkerchief!)
> picnic basket

My girls have had many pretend picnics with this set and are often spotted on the floor having a teddy bear picnic. The set is well made and strong - we have had it since they were both very small, and it is all still going strong

I like the shape sorting aspect of it on the plates - a good way to teach hand eye coordination and recognition of shapes etc.

The picnic basket itself sings, makes sounds and suggestions etc.

I would really recommend this set - it has provided great entertainment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, really cute toy :), 3 Sept. 2011
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
Bought for my daughters first birthday and its a really sweet well made item. Songs / words are spoken clearly with mentions of basic colours, shapes & numbers and everything stores neatly inside the basket. Lovely gift, recommended, will be used for sometime as my daughter grows.

5.0 out of 5 stars Leapfrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket, 28 Aug. 2013
S. Wilson (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
Before I go into the product I must say that this is brilliant value for money with 14 different pieces to it including the basket and even more so if you managed to get it at the lower price of just over thirteen pounds that I managed to purchase it for recently. I am very very impressed with the picnic basket and would definitely recommend it.

I have bought this for my niece for Christmas however I couldn't resist 'testing it out to make sure it works' and as I have come to expect from Leapfrog this is yet another brilliant toy. Now not that I am against giving my son a purple picnic basket with pink lid but I do wish that they did this in another more gender neutral colour too such as green and yellow or even a pale blue and I think Leapfrog are missing out on a lot of business and little boys missing out on a lot of fun by Leapfrog not doing this as I know a lot of parents who wouldn't give their son a purple and pink picnic basket toy. I have emailed Leapfrog with this suggestion and hopefully they may consider it in future.

This is such a charming little toy with two modes of play; music and learning and the picnic basket responds to whichever setting you select by using the slide on the front of the picnic basket. For example in the music mode it plays several tunes such as teddy bears picnic when you lift the basket lid and in the learning mode it says phrases such as "picnic time" and "yummy apple pie, can you put the apple pie in the triangle place" along with "open" and "close" and "the biscuit is a circle can you find another circle" plus many many more phrases that are too many to list so it really is extremely interactive and educational. There is also a little butterfly button on the front of the picnic basket which again interacts in the different modes when pushed such as "can you find something orange, the orange is orange" and "I love watermelon, what shape is the watermelon" etc etc in the learning mode. In the music mode it sings songs about shapes, having a picnic and please and thank you songs just to name a few as again there are so many and all are very interactive and educational.

The picnic basket has two sound levels which you can select which is great for when you want the toy to be a bit quieter. The picnic basket also comes with six different shaped food items (two triangle, two square and two circle shaped) which are on two shape sorter plates to help your little one learn about shapes. There are also two forks and two cups along with a picnic blanket so that your little one really can play at having a picnic. The whole set appears very sturdy and has been done in a multitude of different colours so that you can also teach your little one about colours and everything stores neatly in the basket for when it is tidy up time.

A brilliant little toy which I am very impressed with and shall be purchasing one for my son although as stated above I do wish that they did a more gender neutral coloured one too. I am sure my niece will love this picnic basket at Christmas and my son when I get his and I have thoroughly enjoyed 'testing it' myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tons of fum, 2 Nov. 2011
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
I am very happy with this purchase .I bought this for my 2,5 year old daughter and she is having lots of fun.The most important is that you can control a volume level so it's not annoying you after few minutes .Overall is well made and very good value for money also is nicely packed so if you looking for a present this is it.Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Oct. 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
Educational and fun to play with especially useful to encourage sharing. Would recommend to others. ALSO COLOURFUL AND EASY TO KEEP CLEAN

1.0 out of 5 stars The shaped things to slot in holes are okay but not as good as something made just for that purpose would have ..., 23 Feb. 2015
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
I think the days of getting things based on reviews are coming to an end for me. I got this due to the hundreds of 5 stars. The music consists mostly of a childish voice saying things over a bit of music, rather than proper tunes or nursery rhymes. The shaped things to slot in holes are okay but not as good as something made just for that purpose would have been, as the slots are shallow and it's a bit boring and pointless putting them in, and so far it's sat there untouched. The main thing I thought it could be good for was having a mini picnic in the garden, but the cups have holes in the bottom, so can't do this either. It's just a few bits of plastic which has so far sat there untouched so I'd rather have got something else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute basket, 15 Jan. 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
My 18 month old daughter is really enjoying going picnic and learning shapes, but I thought the basket would say the shapes when you put them in there, but it just sings different tunes when you open and close it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love!!, 21 Nov. 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
This was bought for my daughters 1st birthday. She is coming up to celebrating her 3rd birthday in the next couple of weeks and she still plays with this basket daily!
She played with the contents more when she was younger, putting them on the plates and pretending to eat and drink. We had many picnics!
Now she is almost 3, she listens to the songs and when it says 'Can you find a triangle/square/circle' she goes to find one! She doesn't play with the picnic contents now but does put lots of other toys in there to take places.
Absolutely brilliant couldn't recommend it enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy worth every penny, 15 Mar. 2012
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
Great toy, my 10 month old daughter loves and so does my 3yr old son.. my d aughter likes putting the things in and out and opening and closes. she loves carrying it around. hours of fun and worth every penny..

LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket