5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for girls!
Published on 1 Dec. 2011 by mummy_cool

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice toy
My 18mth old likes this toy, she will carry it around and enjoys taking things in and out of the basket. Downsides are that I'm not sure it offers great value for money.
Published 15 months ago by BromMum

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for girls!, 1 Dec. 2011
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
I bought this for my little boy who is 14 months old. I know it's purple, but the colour shouldn't bother anyone. Boys need to learn to share and say ta as well! He goes to nursery anyway, so he plays with goodness knows what there! My son likes taking the items out of the basket and putting them back in, he gives items to me and I have to say 'ta' before he'll let go!

The only thing is the lid could be a bit stronger, it feels a bit thin but there again we haven't had any breakages!

The voice is English too which is nice, I think English children find it easier to understand and respond more to the toy if it is in their own accent. It's got volume control if it's all getting a bit much! Lovely toy all round, I am pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Leapfrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket, 28 Aug. 2013
S. Wilson (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
Before I go into the product I must say that this is brilliant value for money with 14 different pieces to it including the basket and even more so if you managed to get it at the lower price of just over thirteen pounds that I managed to purchase it for recently. I am very very impressed with the picnic basket and would definitely recommend it.

I have bought this for my niece for Christmas however I couldn't resist 'testing it out to make sure it works' and as I have come to expect from Leapfrog this is yet another brilliant toy. Now not that I am against giving my son a purple picnic basket with pink lid but I do wish that they did this in another more gender neutral colour too such as green and yellow or even a pale blue and I think Leapfrog are missing out on a lot of business and little boys missing out on a lot of fun by Leapfrog not doing this as I know a lot of parents who wouldn't give their son a purple and pink picnic basket toy. I have emailed Leapfrog with this suggestion and hopefully they may consider it in future.

This is such a charming little toy with two modes of play; music and learning and the picnic basket responds to whichever setting you select by using the slide on the front of the picnic basket. For example in the music mode it plays several tunes such as teddy bears picnic when you lift the basket lid and in the learning mode it says phrases such as "picnic time" and "yummy apple pie, can you put the apple pie in the triangle place" along with "open" and "close" and "the biscuit is a circle can you find another circle" plus many many more phrases that are too many to list so it really is extremely interactive and educational. There is also a little butterfly button on the front of the picnic basket which again interacts in the different modes when pushed such as "can you find something orange, the orange is orange" and "I love watermelon, what shape is the watermelon" etc etc in the learning mode. In the music mode it sings songs about shapes, having a picnic and please and thank you songs just to name a few as again there are so many and all are very interactive and educational.

The picnic basket has two sound levels which you can select which is great for when you want the toy to be a bit quieter. The picnic basket also comes with six different shaped food items (two triangle, two square and two circle shaped) which are on two shape sorter plates to help your little one learn about shapes. There are also two forks and two cups along with a picnic blanket so that your little one really can play at having a picnic. The whole set appears very sturdy and has been done in a multitude of different colours so that you can also teach your little one about colours and everything stores neatly in the basket for when it is tidy up time.

A brilliant little toy which I am very impressed with and shall be purchasing one for my son although as stated above I do wish that they did a more gender neutral coloured one too. I am sure my niece will love this picnic basket at Christmas and my son when I get his and I have thoroughly enjoyed 'testing it' myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, really cute toy :), 3 Sept. 2011
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
Bought for my daughters first birthday and its a really sweet well made item. Songs / words are spoken clearly with mentions of basic colours, shapes & numbers and everything stores neatly inside the basket. Lovely gift, recommended, will be used for sometime as my daughter grows.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tons of fum, 2 Nov. 2011
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
I am very happy with this purchase .I bought this for my 2,5 year old daughter and she is having lots of fun.The most important is that you can control a volume level so it's not annoying you after few minutes .Overall is well made and very good value for money also is nicely packed so if you looking for a present this is it.Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but why PINK?, 29 Jan. 2015
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
The little lady I purchased this for was extremely pleased with her present , it means lots of playtime with Mummy Daddy and her toys. She was delighted that it makes noises (although I think M & D may not be as thrilled in months to come) But hey that's what aunties do for their nieces. Only thing is I'm not a fan of the pink and purple plastic not sure why all toys now have to come in Boys and Girls colours ?? surely just neutral would be great?

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab for entertaining all., 17 May 2015
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
My 3 year old son loves this toy and takes it out into the garden regularly. I bought it for his little sister and they play with it together a lot. All their friends seem to make a beeline for when they come round and it seem popular with all of them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute basket, 15 Jan. 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
My 18 month old daughter is really enjoying going picnic and learning shapes, but I thought the basket would say the shapes when you put them in there, but it just sings different tunes when you open and close it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely toy, 10 Mar. 2015
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
We saw this on sale in our local supermarket and bought it for the wee granddaughter to add to the collection of toys in our house. She has loved this from her first sighting and it's one of her favourite toys. Everything gets pulled out and out back in many times. I guess it's a safety feature, but the wee cups have holes in the base, so can't actually be used to drink from. There are various wee tunes to enjoy, but there is also an off button if it all becomes too much!
Another well made toy of solid construction. I can see it being played with for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, 23 Oct. 2012
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
Bought this for my one year old daughters birthday, and she loves it. It keeps her quietly entertained for quite some time, she hasn't quite mastered sorting the shapes on the plate at the moment, but likes to pretend to feed mummy with the food shapes. She also loves being able to press the button and make the music, etc start, so many of her noisy toys require some adult help to do this. So far this item has been hurled from the highchar (much to her amusement!) several times and is not showing any signs of wear, so seems really durable too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!..The only one my little girl actually sits down to play with!, 9 Mar. 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
This is a fantastic toy...besides the fact that it is durable and has lovely bright colours, it is one of very few toys that keeps our 1 year old daughter occupied for quite a while. Whereas most other toys seem lovely to me, she doesn't play with them even though they have lovely colours and tunes,....however, with this one, she can pretend she is eating and drinking and she loves taking the things out of the basket and putting them back in. She plays with it every single day, I would highly recommend this to anyone!

LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket