5.0 out of 5 stars Leapfrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket
Before I go into the product I must say that this is brilliant value for money with 14 different pieces to it including the basket and even more so if you managed to get it at the lower price of just over thirteen pounds that I managed to purchase it for recently. I am very very impressed with the picnic basket and would definitely recommend it.

I have bought...
Published 16 months ago by S. Wilson

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor sound and very gew items
I was a little disppointed by this item: very few items and the sound/music is not clear and too repetitive. Too expensive for what it really is.
Published 15 months ago by kuala

5.0 out of 5 stars Leapfrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket, 28 Aug 2013
S. Wilson (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)

I have bought this for my niece for Christmas however I couldn't resist 'testing it out to make sure it works' and as I have come to expect from Leapfrog this is yet another brilliant toy. Now not that I am against giving my son a purple picnic basket with pink lid but I do wish that they did this in another more gender neutral colour too such as green and yellow or even a pale blue and I think Leapfrog are missing out on a lot of business and little boys missing out on a lot of fun by Leapfrog not doing this as I know a lot of parents who wouldn't give their son a purple and pink picnic basket toy. I have emailed Leapfrog with this suggestion and hopefully they may consider it in future.

This is such a charming little toy with two modes of play; music and learning and the picnic basket responds to whichever setting you select by using the slide on the front of the picnic basket. For example in the music mode it plays several tunes such as teddy bears picnic when you lift the basket lid and in the learning mode it says phrases such as "picnic time" and "yummy apple pie, can you put the apple pie in the triangle place" along with "open" and "close" and "the biscuit is a circle can you find another circle" plus many many more phrases that are too many to list so it really is extremely interactive and educational. There is also a little butterfly button on the front of the picnic basket which again interacts in the different modes when pushed such as "can you find something orange, the orange is orange" and "I love watermelon, what shape is the watermelon" etc etc in the learning mode. In the music mode it sings songs about shapes, having a picnic and please and thank you songs just to name a few as again there are so many and all are very interactive and educational.

The picnic basket has two sound levels which you can select which is great for when you want the toy to be a bit quieter. The picnic basket also comes with six different shaped food items (two triangle, two square and two circle shaped) which are on two shape sorter plates to help your little one learn about shapes. There are also two forks and two cups along with a picnic blanket so that your little one really can play at having a picnic. The whole set appears very sturdy and has been done in a multitude of different colours so that you can also teach your little one about colours and everything stores neatly in the basket for when it is tidy up time.

A brilliant little toy which I am very impressed with and shall be purchasing one for my son although as stated above I do wish that they did a more gender neutral coloured one too. I am sure my niece will love this picnic basket at Christmas and my son when I get his and I have thoroughly enjoyed 'testing it' myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for girls!, 1 Dec 2011
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
I bought this for my little boy who is 14 months old. I know it's purple, but the colour shouldn't bother anyone. Boys need to learn to share and say ta as well! He goes to nursery anyway, so he plays with goodness knows what there! My son likes taking the items out of the basket and putting them back in, he gives items to me and I have to say 'ta' before he'll let go!

The only thing is the lid could be a bit stronger, it feels a bit thin but there again we haven't had any breakages!

The voice is English too which is nice, I think English children find it easier to understand and respond more to the toy if it is in their own accent. It's got volume control if it's all getting a bit much! Lovely toy all round, I am pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tons of fum, 2 Nov 2011
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
I am very happy with this purchase .I bought this for my 2,5 year old daughter and she is having lots of fun.The most important is that you can control a volume level so it's not annoying you after few minutes .Overall is well made and very good value for money also is nicely packed so if you looking for a present this is it.Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, really cute toy :), 3 Sep 2011
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
Bought for my daughters first birthday and its a really sweet well made item. Songs / words are spoken clearly with mentions of basic colours, shapes & numbers and everything stores neatly inside the basket. Lovely gift, recommended, will be used for sometime as my daughter grows.

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect present for a girl aged between 1-3, 18 Nov 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
Bought this for my 18 month old niece's Crimbo present on the basis that my little girl was bought it for her 1st Birthday and still plays with it now aged 3 years 4 months. It's a great toy in that there are no small pieces for when they are still at that 'put everything in your mouth' stage but it also grows with them encouraging imaginative play for a few years.

5.0 out of 5 stars In out, In out, In out, 29 Nov 2011
S. Cabana - See all my reviews
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
Children love taking things in and out of bags so this is IDEAL. It's great for role playing, also fab to teach your children colours and shapes. It is the most played with toy out of all of her toys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
Educational and fun to play with especially useful to encourage sharing. Would recommend to others. ALSO COLOURFUL AND EASY TO KEEP CLEAN

5.0 out of 5 stars A Winner, 28 May 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
Bought this for my granddaughter's first birthday as instructed. She loves it & her 3 year old sister plays with it too. On a good day they even play with it together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love!!, 21 Nov 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
This was bought for my daughters 1st birthday. She is coming up to celebrating her 3rd birthday in the next couple of weeks and she still plays with this basket daily!
She played with the contents more when she was younger, putting them on the plates and pretending to eat and drink. We had many picnics!
Now she is almost 3, she listens to the songs and when it says 'Can you find a triangle/square/circle' she goes to find one! She doesn't play with the picnic contents now but does put lots of other toys in there to take places.
Absolutely brilliant couldn't recommend it enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy worth every penny, 15 Mar 2012
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
Great toy, my 10 month old daughter loves and so does my 3yr old son.. my d aughter likes putting the things in and out and opening and closes. she loves carrying it around. hours of fun and worth every penny..

LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket