5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for girls!
Published on 1 Dec. 2011 by mummy_cool

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice toy
My 18mth old likes this toy, she will carry it around and enjoys taking things in and out of the basket. Downsides are that I'm not sure it offers great value for money.
Published 13 months ago by BromMum

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for girls!, 1 Dec. 2011
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
I bought this for my little boy who is 14 months old. I know it's purple, but the colour shouldn't bother anyone. Boys need to learn to share and say ta as well! He goes to nursery anyway, so he plays with goodness knows what there! My son likes taking the items out of the basket and putting them back in, he gives items to me and I have to say 'ta' before he'll let go!

The only thing is the lid could be a bit stronger, it feels a bit thin but there again we haven't had any breakages!

The voice is English too which is nice, I think English children find it easier to understand and respond more to the toy if it is in their own accent. It's got volume control if it's all getting a bit much! Lovely toy all round, I am pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, really cute toy :), 3 Sept. 2011
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
Bought for my daughters first birthday and its a really sweet well made item. Songs / words are spoken clearly with mentions of basic colours, shapes & numbers and everything stores neatly inside the basket. Lovely gift, recommended, will be used for sometime as my daughter grows.

5.0 out of 5 stars Leapfrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket, 28 Aug. 2013
S. Wilson (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
Before I go into the product I must say that this is brilliant value for money with 14 different pieces to it including the basket and even more so if you managed to get it at the lower price of just over thirteen pounds that I managed to purchase it for recently. I am very very impressed with the picnic basket and would definitely recommend it.

I have bought this for my niece for Christmas however I couldn't resist 'testing it out to make sure it works' and as I have come to expect from Leapfrog this is yet another brilliant toy. Now not that I am against giving my son a purple picnic basket with pink lid but I do wish that they did this in another more gender neutral colour too such as green and yellow or even a pale blue and I think Leapfrog are missing out on a lot of business and little boys missing out on a lot of fun by Leapfrog not doing this as I know a lot of parents who wouldn't give their son a purple and pink picnic basket toy. I have emailed Leapfrog with this suggestion and hopefully they may consider it in future.

This is such a charming little toy with two modes of play; music and learning and the picnic basket responds to whichever setting you select by using the slide on the front of the picnic basket. For example in the music mode it plays several tunes such as teddy bears picnic when you lift the basket lid and in the learning mode it says phrases such as "picnic time" and "yummy apple pie, can you put the apple pie in the triangle place" along with "open" and "close" and "the biscuit is a circle can you find another circle" plus many many more phrases that are too many to list so it really is extremely interactive and educational. There is also a little butterfly button on the front of the picnic basket which again interacts in the different modes when pushed such as "can you find something orange, the orange is orange" and "I love watermelon, what shape is the watermelon" etc etc in the learning mode. In the music mode it sings songs about shapes, having a picnic and please and thank you songs just to name a few as again there are so many and all are very interactive and educational.

The picnic basket has two sound levels which you can select which is great for when you want the toy to be a bit quieter. The picnic basket also comes with six different shaped food items (two triangle, two square and two circle shaped) which are on two shape sorter plates to help your little one learn about shapes. There are also two forks and two cups along with a picnic blanket so that your little one really can play at having a picnic. The whole set appears very sturdy and has been done in a multitude of different colours so that you can also teach your little one about colours and everything stores neatly in the basket for when it is tidy up time.

A brilliant little toy which I am very impressed with and shall be purchasing one for my son although as stated above I do wish that they did a more gender neutral coloured one too. I am sure my niece will love this picnic basket at Christmas and my son when I get his and I have thoroughly enjoyed 'testing it' myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tons of fum, 2 Nov. 2011
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
I am very happy with this purchase .I bought this for my 2,5 year old daughter and she is having lots of fun.The most important is that you can control a volume level so it's not annoying you after few minutes .Overall is well made and very good value for money also is nicely packed so if you looking for a present this is it.Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but why PINK?, 29 Jan. 2015
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
The little lady I purchased this for was extremely pleased with her present , it means lots of playtime with Mummy Daddy and her toys. She was delighted that it makes noises (although I think M & D may not be as thrilled in months to come) But hey that's what aunties do for their nieces. Only thing is I'm not a fan of the pink and purple plastic not sure why all toys now have to come in Boys and Girls colours ?? surely just neutral would be great?

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute basket, 15 Jan. 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
My 18 month old daughter is really enjoying going picnic and learning shapes, but I thought the basket would say the shapes when you put them in there, but it just sings different tunes when you open and close it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of picnic fun!, 30 Dec. 2012
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
I bought this toy for my 6m baby daughter for Xmas. It is very sturdy and is age appropriate for younger babies and Pre-schoolers alike. The picnic goods are very cute and perfect for little hands to handle. The small red and white table cloth is a lovely touch and adds to the picnic role playing perfectly. The pair of salad tongs are very popular too. What I particularly like about this product is the clear spoken English of the sounds and songs as well as the fact everything fits back neatly in the 'basket' , something which I've found has been lacking in lots of toys sold as a set. I would recommend this toy for both little girls and boys

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect present, 6 Sept. 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
I bought this for my granddaughter's first birthday present. She absolutely loves it! Unlike some toys this one has loads of potential as it is not just a toy that plays music and/or speech when buttons are pushed. There are endless possibilities for a child;- the lids open and all the accessories fit inside, each individual piece can be used separately and the plates are also shape sorters that the foods fit in. She has had great fun with it and plays with it every day. I am sure it will last for years as the quality is excellent - very strong with no sharp edges. All in all an excellent toy which also has the benefit of being educational.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Toy, 7 Dec. 2012
Prepaid Card "Sophie" (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
Have received this and looked at it but as it is a Christmas present for my 23 monmth old daughter who has a HUGE facination with cuttlery, fake food and categorising colours and shapes I am sure it will be a great toy. Saw it at ELC and it was way more pricey and also would speak Greek (we live in Athens now) and to be honest I only buy English 'talking' toys, so thank you Amazon for making that possible!
Definately a good buy, come really good wrapped, fast delivery and good price - with batteries included so you do not have to open the thing up and desperately look around teh house for batteries!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love!!, 21 Nov. 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket (Toy)
This was bought for my daughters 1st birthday. She is coming up to celebrating her 3rd birthday in the next couple of weeks and she still plays with this basket daily!
She played with the contents more when she was younger, putting them on the plates and pretending to eat and drink. We had many picnics!
Now she is almost 3, she listens to the songs and when it says 'Can you find a triangle/square/circle' she goes to find one! She doesn't play with the picnic contents now but does put lots of other toys in there to take places.
Absolutely brilliant couldn't recommend it enough!

LeapFrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket