5.0 out of 5 stars A surprise
After reading lots of reviews on various websites I decided to purchase the Enviro Altitude boots. A lot came down to the seal of approval by the Woodland Trust.
Published on 9 Feb 2012 by Farno

3.0 out of 5 stars Not made for serious walking
Published on 22 Jan 2012 by hus

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A surprise, 9 Feb 2012
I've had these a few weeks now. They did require a number of walks to break them in but I didn't mind, They felt good straight out of the box, but a little rigid in the ankle area. This has now loosed up and they are very comfortable to wear even on long walk.
I've found by wearing a good pair of hiking socks they become like slippers warm and cosy.
Today I walked along in ankle length wet grass, the Sea fret had been coming in all day and everywhere was covered in a fine mist that clung. The Ion Shield seemed to do its job as water formed beads on the boots and dropped of. My feet stayed nice and dry the whole time.
Traction seems good.
At this moment in time I can't fault them.
I'm would buy another pair and would recommend them. They are better than my older North Face pair - they leaked in grass.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Smart Price Boot, 24 Jan 2011
Hi-Tec Men's Altitude Iv Enviro Wpi Hiking Boot

I have been out for 6 walks in these boots and I am very pleased with them so far. I have walked in frozen ground, the sloppyest of mud, rock,scree and trail. While they are still new, I have nothing but praise for these boots.

A great boot for the price. They did need a little breaking in, but are very comfortable and have a great grip.

I will come back here over time to update my review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good boots, 29 Mar 2013
Up to present the boots are very comfortable and I just put them on with no breaking in. They have not got extremely wet yet due to the weather and seem fine going through water so I don't know how the waterproof qualities are just yet. One thing design wise I think would better the boots is a wider tongue or one that is attached and folds like on some other boots. I just feel that it just covers the gap when tied but thats my opinion only. For the money though they are very good and at the moment I cannot complain.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not made for serious walking, 22 Jan 2012
These boots were bought as a present for my wife and according to her they were not made for serious walking. They are used everyday in all weathers, over many terrains and although they were waterproof to start with, they soon started to leak. But, in all fairness, a good clean and coating of Neatsfoot oil and they were fine again. The tongue could do with being attached all the way to the top of the boot, as this lets in water when crossing streams etc. The sole is also a little short on grip, in mud and in icy conditions.

On the plus side, they are the most comfortable boots ever had, with the perfect amount of padding around the ankle and a built in instep support.

Would I buy these boots for my wife again..........she says not!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars These boots are made for walking!, 18 Oct 2013
These are the best walking boots because they are well made, tough and strong but still feel light on the feet. They incorporate recycled materials and are environmentally friendly (supported by The National Trust). My Wife and I have been wearing them for tens of years and our previous pairs have been up Snowdon twice and Ben Nevis. They are good value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hi-Tec ...low cost ..., 23 April 2013
Bought these to replace old pair of Timberland boots . Was surprised how amazingly light and flexible they are .. no need to "break them in " For the money these must be the best value leather walking boots available .. and they are Eco friendly ! Easily equal to boots costing half as much again.

5.0 out of 5 stars These boots are made for walking, 12 Jan 2014
Had these boots for over 6 months now and very happy to say that they have performed very well. An extremely comfortable fit straight from the box. Some reviews stated that these boots are not very waterproof all I can say is that these people did not put a lot of thought into their purchase. As with any boots you need to apply protective coating i.e. dubbin or even a good coating of shoe polish. I live near the New Forest and walk the dog out there quite a lot, now we all now what the weather has been like lately well I have walked through mud, water and goodness knows what else and yes my feet have got damp due more to the depth of water but on the whole my feet have remained dry. In conclusion a very comfortable boot, that has performed very well in extreme conditions well recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best boots so far, 26 Sep 2013
After years of using fabric walking boots, I finally opted for the leather ones. What have I been missing all these years?!!

They take a bit of time to walk them in, slightly sore feet to start with but after that they are very comfortable. No signs of wear and tear and totally waterproof even with all the snow we had at the start of the year. Great that they are also National Trust.

if you are looking for a great pair of walking boots I would buy today.

5.0 out of 5 stars sturdy boots, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Hi-Tec Men's Altitude Iv Enviro Wpi Hiking Boot (Apparel)
to be complete honest with you i didnt buy those for me but for my brother in law, who is actually a farmer. Now i know that he's working all day in the mud and water and stuff and for a whole year i see those boots intact outside his home. so in conclusion they must some a sturdy piece of footwear.

5.0 out of 5 stars hi-tec mens altitude iv enviro wpi hiking boots, 4 Sep 2013
Bought a pair of these just before the snow in January this year, I do a lot of work outdoors for the National Trust and these boots are brilliant, warm, comfortable and waterproof. I am still wearing them for work every day and they are so durable, if they last just a year there worth it but I reckon they will last a lot longer and I will just buy a new pair.
Very pleased with them and have recommended to many people.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›