on 27 March 2011
The Kindle Silicone case from the Qubits range seems to 'do the job' it was purchased for.
The only real critiscism is the fact that the very bottom of the case and the 'band' above the keyboard (below the screen itself), is rather 'slim' for the job. It really needs some form of 'double sided sticky tape' or something to help keep it in place rather more robustly than just leaving it to chance.

Having said that, I have had no problems really - though they both tend to move a bit whilst the keyboard is in use sometimes. Which leads me to suspect that at some time in the future, I will have to replace the case. We shall see.

Other than that I think it's better than nothing - and it's cheap enough too!
on 7 January 2011
It does what it says on the tin. Protects the kindle while in use. I still prefer to place it into a pouch for travel (I have a belkin neoprene kindle case) and the kindle fits in it even with its silicone skin on (although it doesn't slide in as well).
I should mention that this product doesn't have a strong smell at all (similar products seem to have this problem).
on 23 February 2011
This is my first review ever - never felt the need to write one but this product has drove me too - for all the right reasons!

I bought 2 of these, one for me and one for my partner - so glad I did! I have a kindle with the kindle leather case and light built in which i love because of the light (really good - totally not as bad as people made out so writing a review on that too!) but HATE that the sides are not protected at all.

I took a chance on this fitting within the leather case and it does, just! The leather case sits open a bit but thats ok by me.

This silicone is made well, the page turn buttons on the sides of the kindle are covered so protected. I have no problems using these with this cover on. The directional key page, up-down-left-right, works fine but the right one is not as easy to push as the case goes right up to it. The speak holes on the back are cut out and therefore no problem with sound at all.

It does have a funny smell but thats to be expected and does disapear. Its a great fit!!! only the bottom below the keypad is slightly baggy but there is no way they could have made this firmer. One word of caution though, this will stretch out of shape if you pull at it lots and keep taking on and off - I put mine on easily, without having to really stretch it and its a perfect fit. My partner on the other hand put it on, took it off, put it on again (not very careful in taking off, pulled it quite a bit) and now its slightly baggy at the top. If you want to keep putting it on, taking off then the silicone will stretch.

There are no poor made seams at all either - just hate those and again was worried about that but wasn't let down.

It does add a very slight height to the sides of the kindle and therefore you get a slight shadow on the screen but this just can't be avoided if you want this type of case.

I love it - looks and feels good and now I know its better protected I feel much happier.
on 13 January 2011
Pros

- nice, thick skin, but not overly thick
- contours fit the Kindle very precisely
- next and previous buttons accurately represented

Cons

- smells bad when first arrived!

I was pleasantly surprised to find this skin was thicker than expected and really does look good on the Kindle 3G+WiFi model. It does not obscure the screen at all (on the top, left and right of the screen, there is a 1mm gap, so you can see the Kindle plastic bezel. On the bottom, it is flush with the Kindle plastic which separates the keyboard from the screen).

You can tell that Qubits have looked at the shape of the Kindle itself before moulding these skins - it fits very well indeed. The back is contoured to fit the curves near the bottom of the device. I was impressed indeed.

On first taking this bag out of the packaging, I did notice the smell. For some reason, the inside smells much worse than the outside. I showed it to a friend, who promptly wrinkled her nose and said "yuck!"
However, as another reviewer has done, I have begun to air my skin before I put it on the Kindle for good. I actually tried it on the Kindle and left it on for a few minutes. Even after this short exposure time, I found the smell had transferred to the Kindle - this soon disappeared once I let my Kindle "air" also.

I would not let this put you off purchasing this skin though. If they could make these without the smell, it would have got a five star rating. I am impressed with the quality of the mould and the fact that the buttons are also accurately represented on the skin.

I would recommend this skin to anyone who is looking for one. It does add a little to the weight of the device, however, I can't see this being a problem for myself. If you like a naked Kindle, then be aware of the extra weight.
review image review image
on 30 August 2011
The skin seems to pretty much do what you would expect it to do. I mainly bought it because I'm always using cream on my hands for dry skin and quickly discovered that the Kindle doesn't much like grease stains on its back. This skin at least protects it from my slippy hands.

It's thick so offers a little bit more protection from a fall I would imagine.

It fits a little loosely but at least that made putting it on a simpler task than if it were tighter.

A little niggle is that it does add a fair bit to the weight of the Kindle, but I guess you have to lose something to gain something else.

All the buttons are accessible and work fine between and under the skin, so at this point I'm calling it a good buying choice.
on 4 March 2012
The case fits my kindle well.
My only complaint is that it feels quite heavy, it feels like it doubles the weight of the device.

edit: after some time I have returned the case for a refund because of the weight. I use my kindle since naked.
on 3 August 2011
This is a snug, close fitting rubber case that should provide some impact protection for your Kindle and makes the paging buttons more tactile. I bought it thinking that the case was a two piece shell that protected both front and rear; it is a single piece that does not protect the screen/keyboard/base.
on 22 August 2011
This case is perfect for what I wanted. I tried about 5 expensive cases for my iPhone before I opted for a simple silicon rubber one, so I wanted a simple similar one for my new Kindle, why spend £50 on a case for a £111 product? This case fits, works perfectly for it's use and is so inexpensive it's silly. If you want a no nonsense, inexpensive, useful cover for your Kindle then this is it. I've dropped it a few times recently and it just bounces!

All the button functions are easily replicated and typing is still easy, the right click on the directional pad is slightly harder to click but not enough to complain as it's inherent in a case designed to do this. Main thing is moving forward and backward on pages is perfect.

One tiny thing though, there are no clear instructions on the best way to put your Kindle in the cover and I think if done incorrectly it might stretch the case out of shape. I sussed it out and all was fine but worth a note.
on 29 May 2011
I needed something to protect my Kindle whilst carrying it about. From looking at the picture I had expected it to be like a folder, but on closer inspection it is just showing what the back looks like! Regardless of my mistake, I am as pleased as punch as I can even perch the Kindle on my knee without danger of it slipping off.
on 26 July 2011
Ordered this Kindle cover from the 3rd party via Amazon (using regular delviery) and it turned up a few days later - so no problems there. As for the case, its just what I wanted. A well fitting silicon skin with cut-outs in the right places (eg around keys and speakers). It does not move around and is simple to fit and remove. It protects the kindle (excepting the screen) from fingers, dirt and light scuffs - but would not protect it if you dropped it. The page turn buttons work fine through the skin.

In summary, its a well priced, simple protective cover for the Kindle body that allows full use of the device. Dont pay any more for a silicon skin than this.