on 24 April 2013
This is a great gadget which I bought having viewed a friends earlier model in action. Had I not seen one in action I would never have considered buying this type of projector as I assumed it would be rubbish (having only experienced large and expensive work and home cinema projectors). But seeing in in action, it is great for what it does. I have given it 5 stars as I love what it does but would rate the quality at 4 stars given how small, light and convenient it is. To be fair, the room needs to be dark and I used it to project movies onto the wall of a holiday apartment for the family, (the wall was white with an aertex type surface which is not flat but this seemed to make little difference). The projector was then placed on a table projecting upwards at about a 25 degree angle, set up time a couple of minutes. Used like this the quality was perfectly viewable and so much better than watching a laptop screen as we did in the past.

The tripod in the box is not the best but still works ok. The leads are not the longest but again work ok and connect to most outputs so there is no real need to buy anything extra if you don't want to. To sum up, its not HD quality but for the price, size, weight and convenience its a great product.
on 1 January 2014
The image is surprisingly bright and clear for such a small device. The battery (at least for now) lasts long enough to watch a film from start to finish.

Cons

- It uses a proprietary connector for audio/sound, so it's another set of cables/adaptors to carry around and I'm sure it'll be a pain to replace if they are ever misplaced. Also, you only get a really tiny cable. If not for this, I'd have given it 5 stars.

- The built-in speaker is almost useless. Even my phone has a more powerful speaker.

- The power cord is similarly super short. The battery partially makes up for this, but it unnecessarily short.

- The inclusion of the tripod is a nice touch, but it fits into the speaker a bit far away from its centre of gravity. This plus the way that the connectors fit at the end, means that it takes a bit to figure out how to set it up stably. Once you do, it is OK; but the first time I used the projector, I tipped it over several times.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've never owned a projector before. Indeed, it's not really a piece of kit I ever thought about buying. Now though, thanks to the excellent Amazon Vine Programme, I am the proud owner of the 3M MP160 and I'm sure I will get a lot of enjoyable use out of it.

I received my projector in the first post this morning and, much to my lady's irritation, have been experimenting with it all morning. As toys for the boys go, this one is hard to beat!

Size isn't everything; good things come in small packages etc. Never have those sayings been truer that with the 3m MP160. When first opening the package, I thought for a moment that the first piece of kit I'd picked up was a remote control. It wasn't; it was the projector itself. Yes, the MP160 genuinely is a pocket-sized projector, as it has similar dimensions to your SKY remote! A leatherette pouch, quick-start guide, mains adaptor, warranty information and a couple of a/v leads complete the package. Oddly, no user manual is supplied, but a quick Google later and I'd downloaded the PDF.

In conjunction with a media extender (I use the Linksys DMA 2100 - another superb freebie from the Vine programme) the MP160 really comes into its own! Within minutes of setting up, I was streaming photos and videos from my PC's media centre onto my living-room wall. With the curtains drawn, I could easily project my holiday photos up to the suggested maximum of 80" diagonally across and they still looked great. For a professional presentation, where you need to read the text, I would have thought the practical upper limit would be maybe half that size. Focus is adjusted by a simple roller control at the front (adjacent to the lamp so your fingers may get a little hot!). The miniature built-in speakers are, not surprisingly, a bit on the tinny size, but are perfectly adequate for reference purposes. The audio out socket allows connection to home cinema systems. I've been running it off the mains, but the rechargeable battery gives you a couple of hours' autonomy, which should be more than adequate for casual home use.

On the downside, connectivity out of the box is extremely limited and the supplied a/v leads, at one metre each, are impracticably short. Don't expect to be streaming media from your phone or iPod straight away and a shopping trip to Maplin's will almost certainly be necessary before you can get any serious use out of your MP160. Next, the supplied mini-tripod is not very stable and, unless you splay the legs to their maximum, the unit, being rather rear-heavy and having little mass, is prone to tipping over. Finally, I would have hoped for some on-board memory and wireless/Bluetooth capability, so I could store a few favourite photos and videos in the unit itself and replay media without having to connect to other devices. Unfortunately, these features are only available on the next model up (MP180) which I believe costs around £80 more.

As a freebie, through the Vine programme, I am absolutely delighted with my 3M MP160, which has already proved its worth as an entry-level, pocket-sized projector. If I were forking out my own dosh though, I would probably pay a little more to get the on-board memory, SD slot, better connectivity (hdmi etc.) and wireless capabilities.

Minor criticisms aside, this is an excellent little portable projector, which shouldn't disappoint.

NB. The description given here on the Amazon page (and the photo of the guy holding the projector) is of the more expensive MP180. The MP160, does NOT have bluetooth, onboard memory, an SD slot or a touchscreen.
on 7 October 2013
It is working perfectly and I like it very much. I am using almost everyday and satisfied with it performance.
on 26 November 2013
I bought this item in good faith. What I didn't realise was that if I opened the item and switched it on (which I had to do in order to see if it would be suitable), this invalidated me returning it. Catch 22 folks. Great wee item, but was not a big enough lux for me to use when teaching during the day. If you want to use it in a dark room for movies or slide shows/presentations this is for you. If you want to use it in a brightly lit room, don't buy. I'm not stuck with a projector that has cost me £280 and I can't return it.
on 13 November 2013
its very cood but I dont advice u to use it for the games its ok to watch. a movies