5.0 out of 5 stars A must read!
Published 18 months ago by Paul

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, references non-existing documents on website.
I hoped this book would teach something I didn't know. Basically, there's a section on VAT which says "I don't do VAT, that's someone else's job." Yeah, that sentence would do, but it droned on for more than a page. That sets the tone for the whole book.

Published 12 months ago by V. De Sousa

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read!, 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: Production Management for TV and Film: The professional's guide (Professional Media Practice) (Kindle Edition)
I have read the two or three management books for TV/film that are currently out there and this is hands down, the best one. The first reason is because it relates to a UK audience and follows UK procedures and secondly the author gets straight to the point and tells you the facts you need. I have read another UK TV management book, where the author spends about 5 pages telling you the important of lists - we know! Move on! In this book, she relates to external companies which would prove useful for given situations and, at the time of reading the book, everything is still relevant to the industry. If you are debating which management book to buy - trust me, this is the one to get. Enjoy!

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, references non-existing documents on website., 21 Aug 2013
V. De Sousa "udigrudi" (Aberystwyth, Wales) - See all my reviews

Then there was the health and safety section, which said that health and safety was important. It promised a health and safety report on the companion website that dealt with snakes and the problems with snake venom etc. Guess what. There's nothing there.

The companion website, which is oft mentioned, has very little. The actual book doesn't say much either.

You don't need to buy the book to see the website. There's no password in the book, it's just a page on the publisher's site with some links to very basic documents. The book isn't even obvious on how to get there. There are better Health and Safety documents online, and better other documents too.

It still gets three stars because the style is clear, and it's easy to read. It's also concise, in some cases too sparse (yet still rambles on about things like "I don't do VAT.")

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read!, 2 April 2013
linda writes well and knows her stuff...
good value book
packed with very important information,
which would support any production manager
buy it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 24 Jan 2011
I really like this book. It is written in a way that makes it easy and interesting to read, including good humour (love the comments about grumpy co-ordinators!). It's a great introduction to each aspect of production management, and a really good read for someone like me - a co-ordinator hoping to make the leap to PM in the very near future.
I have recently used it to help me amend a budget - and the book helped me think about each schedule in turn and what I need to consider.
I would definitely recommend it. Easy to dip into and out of when necessary, or good to just read to get a grounding in what the role involves.