5.0 out of 5 stars Really pleased!
Published on 14 July 2011 by J.M.K

2.0 out of 5 stars I thought it was a great machine
Published 15 months ago by anamanoel

2.0 out of 5 stars I thought it was a great machine, 24 Sep 2013
This review is from: LG F1480TDS 1400RPM 8kg Steam Direct Drive Washing Machine White (Misc.)
I must be an unlucky costumer. I bought this washing machine to replace my Hotpoint which was nearly 15 years old and had given me great service before braking down. I had wanted a steam washing machine and the reviews on this one were really good. The washing machine itself is really good with loads of programs to choose from. It is also a nice looking machine with a great size drum. I would really recommend this machine, had I written a review when I bought it. After 11 months and 2 weeks of owning one I would no longer recommend it. One morning I opened the machine to take the laundry out and my kitchen was flooded with water. I thought it was a power cut in the middle of the cycle through the night. Never crossed my mind that such an expensive machine would break before 2 years. But it did. 2 weeks later when I opened the door to put the laundry in, the kitchen was flooded again. I phoned LG and sadly they don't know what they are talking about most of the time, as it is a call centre. They first blamed it on to much use, but when I told them it was just me they blamed it on not being used enough times. How pathetic. The diagnosis through the phone didn't show anything wrong. At this time the machine on paper was 2 years and 2 days old. They would not fix it under the warranty even knowing the machine was delivered to me a month after I purchase it. So in reality it broke down after 11 months of use. 100£ to fix it. The water valve was broken. A broken valve in a machine that worked 3 times a month? How often will this valve going to break? I din't buy it from Amazon. I remember that the retailer I bought it from, at the time, told me that LG always give problems. I didn't believe him as the reviews said otherwise. How I regret it. It was my first LG experience and my last. Thats a promise. Appalling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really pleased!, 14 July 2011
We ordered this when our 10 year old Zanussi broke down. We did some research on Which? amongst others before purchasing, and found that LG scored very well in general. We had never purchased an LG product previously, but we are delighted that we have now! We love this machine - it's really quiet, looks great, and has loads of useful programs. It's very easy to use, and the steam function is particularly good. The refresh program is very handy, as is the quick wash function. The tub wash feature is a nice extra, and the child lock is easy to apply. And I love the little tune it plays when the program has finished!
All round, we're very happy with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars need a good washer?, 23 Feb 2011
cannot fault this washer.it is easy to use, fits any amounts i wash whether small or large.8kg is enough for anyone as it fits a double duvet.it is quiet,large door opening,good results and it even weighs the load and adjusts the washing time and water usage, so no more wondering if you should push half load or not as there isn't one, all done automatically.Lovely drum that is smooth so no catching on fibres and all different motions etc,even selects its own spin speed. a large load can take a long time but its worth it,clothes are cleaned better than ever before.love the little tunes it plays and might be my imagination,but when taking out clothes,it seems to have separated them all,no tangles.BRILLIANT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Washing Machine, 28 Dec 2011
This washing machine was purchased to replace our old LG Direct Drive washer, which had served us superbly for eight years. Granted eight years may not seem a long time, but the machine was used daily and was actually still working when replaced; albeit on it's last legs.

In the eight years we owned our original LG Direct Drive washer it never failed once; not even a slight hiccup. The quality of it's construction and silence of operation were without peer, as such the decision to purchase this washer in replacement was a very simple one. This new machine is as quiet as our original and seems just as well built.

The steam function is a nice addition over the original DD washers. Now you can refresh clothing which does not require a full wash, and the steam can also be used during some of the wash cycles for additional cleaning performance. This feature seems to work very well, the refresh cycle in particular has proven very useful.

Without doubt I am extremely satisfied with my recent purchase, and I fully recommend an LG washing machine to anybody looking for a step up from a basic washer. The quality is more than a match for anything else in this price range; and I doubt many (if any) could match it's wash results.

Amazon's delivery service was quick, efficient and free! I was a little dubious about purchasing such a large appliance from Amazon but this machine was almost £100 cheaper than on the high street, and Amazon managed to deliver it quicker than any of them could offer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Family Washing Machine, 4 Sep 2011
Mrs. E. J. Hall "Brewer" (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
I looked into buying a new washing machine, my old one was very basic. Which magazine liked the LG machines and when I asked some mothers they all had the LG. It weighs the wash so it doesn't go on for hours if it doesn't have to. The drum holds so much & I love the sports wash for my husband's cycling gear.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of product support when guarantee runs out, 27 Dec 2013
I have had a LG washing machine and was pretty happy with it until a problem occurs. A few months after buying the machine, the machine started washing clothes on the longest cycle instead of adjusting to the load . A few months later , the seal started popping off. Finally I got an error for which I needed an repairman. I called LG and guess what - they don't bother with repairs when the guarantee runs out . I was to find a local repairman . After pleading, I was finally given the number of a local repairman . Unlike Miele or Siemens who have their own network of qualified service men , who charge after they have been ove to do the repairs. The "local" repairman wanted money up front, even though no one was even available for the next 6 day. I will never , ever buy and LG appliance of any sort. Stick to Siemens, Miele or any established brand . At least when there is a problem, you know the company will support you .

5.0 out of 5 stars well recomended, 26 May 2012
would normally of bought this, but its a manufacture that is getting itself noticed in which? magazine, so i thought what the hell, glad i did! a dark wash only takes 61mins and comes out almost dry, shouldnt take long for this beuty to pay for itself:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Silent washing machine, 18 May 2011
D. J. B. Herrera (Newport, Gwent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Once it has been levelled properly (very important) this machine is very quiet, even at 1400 rpm. Versatile and economical, it is much quicker and a huge improvement on the old machine. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service, 7 Oct 2011
Having slagged off the delivery companies in the past I must say that 'G&M Distribution' of Chapelhall near Airdrie did a great job.
They helped me get the thing into my house. Explained that the transit bolts needed to be removed and even TOOK AWAY my old machine! Fantastic.
They could not have been better.
I had it up and running in 5 minutes!
I'll report later on the actual performance of the beast but I was concerned about buying this online but it worked out great!

Machine seems great. It takes twice as much as my old machine. It weighs the load first. It's almost completely silent and vibration free and it plays a melody at the end instead of beeping like a lunatic (as per my Zanussi).

So, overall it's fantastic and I'm very pleased with this purchase.

Every time I use this machine I think 'this thing is just great!!!'
JP.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Gun of Washing Machines - INCREDIBLE!!!, 14 Sep 2013
This machine really deserves all the praise heaped on it as it's - THAT GOOD !!!
However . . . You will still need a dryer because although this machine can get the laundry 97% dry, they are still slightly damp and although a sunny day air on the washing line will have them cupboard dry within about 30 minutes, winter is on its way (14/09/2013) and unless you want damp clothes drying on radiators, get a small dryer to to finish them off.

The machine is real quiet in operation and even has silent mode, so you can do your laundry at night if you are a night owl.

Yes it's expensive, but it's the best at what it does by a considerable margin.
If you want clean clothes without hassle - get one of these, you'll be glad you did.
Comes with a free 10 year electrical and mechanical warranty.

Even Miele don't offer those.

Enough said !!!