5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
I already own the Lunar R1 - 1watt light, which sits on my seat post. The R1 is an extremely bright light and an excellent product (5 stars!)
Published on 25 Feb 2012 by M. A. Norman

3.0 out of 5 stars Great light, but not in England!
I bought this light for my daily cycle commute. It stood out when searching as it had amazing 5 star reviews. Let me explain why I gave it 3 stars in a Pro's and Con's.

Pro's:
- Very bright, almost blinding (PS. don't point it at your eyes when you've just put new batteries in! :-)
- Easy to mount (I stuck it on my seat post very easily)
- Easy...
Published 6 months ago by Mr. Gareth Broekmann

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 25 Feb 2012
M. A. Norman (Royston, Herts. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smart Lunar R2 Rear Light (Sports)
I wanted another light, that I could attach to my hydration back pack, so was thinking of buying another Lunar R1 light - until I saw this double light. I had a concern, that the lights were 1/2 watt each and may not match the brightness of my Lunar R1 - Well, I am glad to say, that this light is as bright and to be honest, i think this light is superior to the Lunar R1.
I now ride with the Lunar R1 1 Watt on the seat post and the Lunar 2 x 1/2 watt on my back pack. There is no way a driver will fail to notice me in town or in the country. (I am a driver !)
I also own a magicshine MJ-816 1400 Lumen front light (another great product!), so I only like the bright lights !!!!
Various different light modes, which would please most people.
Would certainly recommend !

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensational light and clips on to my helmet as well, 14 Jun 2012
This review is from: Smart Lunar R2 Rear Light (Sports)
This lamp is sensationally bright and has some very unusual flahing modes. It supplied with a clip and also fittings - one which is big enough to go on a seat tube and one which will fit on a stay.

However I found that the clip can be used to attach it to the plastic tightening band of my helmet. It sits very comfortablly - just on the nape of my neck and produces a very visible high level rear warning light that motorists really can't fail to miss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product great customer service., 22 Dec 2011
This review is from: Smart Lunar R2 Rear Light (Sports)
This the second one of these I've bought. This one was even cheaper than the previous. I keep one in the the boot of the cars in case of breakdown in a dark or awkward situation. They clip on to a warning triangle and you can see them them for miles. Might save your life one day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Bright!, 9 Dec 2011
This review is from: Smart Lunar R2 Rear Light (Sports)
When I first recieved the light I was curious to see just how bright it actually was... well i needn't have had any worries, its BLINDING. I ride a mix of Urban roads and country lanes on my commute to work, and this light teamed with my other lights has made me feel safe, when riding a quick glance behind, and you'll see that all of the street signs are lit up red. That'll do then.

The lamp itself feels a bit "plasticky" but once clipped together its solid enough, mind you the clips feel a little brittle, but time will tell, seems to seal OK. The only complaint that I have is the centre of each of the "lenses" has a countersunk depression with a sharp edge, and this filled up with road muck and mud very quickly - making the lamp a little bit dinner in the centre "hot spot".

Would I buy this lamp again: YES ABSOLUTELY

Would I recommend it to a friend: YES

Would I recommend Amazon: YES - THERE FAB.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great light, but not in England!, 14 Feb 2014
Mr. Gareth Broekmann (London, UK) - See all my reviews

Pro's:
- Easy to mount (I stuck it on my seat post very easily)
- Easy to mount and dismount for commutes

Con's:
- NOT waterproof.
I commute every day by bike regardless of the weather so I understand that this might not be for everyone. However on the back seat post you get spray from your back wheel. I believe this is how water gets into the light. When I get to work and try turn off the light it just stays on so I have to pull the batteries out every time it rains and let it dry before it works again. I've checked the seals time and time again as well as sending one back thinking I had a bad one but had exactly the same thing. Now there are things you can do to prevent it. Don't use it in the rain (I need it especially in the rain) and use a rear mud guard to stop the spray.
- Narrow light path so cars from far can see you perfectly but cars from the side don't see the same effect

5.0 out of 5 stars good visible light, 28 Oct 2012
This review is from: Smart Lunar R2 Rear Light (Sports)
This is a great light to be seen with , it's water tight with good construction. At the price it is its a great buy :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up, 7 Jun 2012
This review is from: Smart Lunar R2 Rear Light (Sports)
Arrived quickly and it's a powerful bright light (exactly what I wanted) as I'll be riding on the roads at night

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent light and good value!, 8 Nov 2011
This review is from: Smart Lunar R2 Rear Light (Sports)
Delivery was prompt. Light is very bright and, after a good few weeks of use, I'm still on the supplied batteries. Am considering another one to wear on my rucksack in flashing mode to draw extra attention, though that's mainly due to my commute being on unlit country roads. For general cycling, this is an extremely capable light and darn good value.

3.0 out of 5 stars Several design flaws, 20 Mar 2014
This review is from: Smart Lunar R2 Rear Light (Sports)
This light is certainly bright but it has a number of significant design flaws.

Firstly, removing the casing to access the batteries is a nightmare. I've got a pretty strong grip but the force needed is ridiculous, made more difficult because of the sloping sides of the casing. You have to pull back one of the plastic 'wings' as you pull on the casing and the force required is so great it feels as if it could easily break. Compare this, say, with the much better method on the similar spec MetroFlash Dangerzone which has a groove in which you insert and twist something like a coin. The cheapo looking single strut bracket doesn't feel particularly robust either.

Secondly, the light only remains at maximum brightness through a fairly narrow angle, both horizontally and vertically, and to make matters worse it is difficult to achieve an optimum vertical angle because the ridged bracket screw adjustment only allows changes in fairly large steps, thus it is pointing either too high or too low.

I'm puzzled by the myriad of 5 star reviews for this light. Yes, it's bright, but there are too many problems to award this any more than a three, and that's being generous.

3.0 out of 5 stars Smart Lunar 2X1/2 Watt Rear - Red/Black, (2xAAA batt.inc.), 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: Smart Lunar R2 Rear Light (Sports)
As it only has two AAA batteries it eats them. I only wanted a flashing light on my cap to get to and from work, about three miles each way. There is only enough power for two and a half trips. So it's ok as long as you have batteries on charge. It's also not the easiest light to get into.

Smart Lunar R2 Rear Light 2 x 1/2 Watt