5.0 out of 5 stars Not cheap - but very effective USB charger
Published 19 months ago by Smithy

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not wkr with IPhone or Nokia!
I do not recommend this even if it seems very smart!

There is no point in having a solar panel if you can not be sure that it will work for your phone. It did not work with my Iphone nor with our Nokia. I wrote the company in the US beforehand but they did not ven bother to answer.
Published 2 months ago by Ylva Rancken-Lutz

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Not cheap - but very effective USB charger, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: Goal Zero Nomad 7M Solar Panel (Automotive)
I will keep this short. I purchased two of these, one with the Guide 10 plus charger. The other for a USB lithium battery charger (2000mah). I live in the UK, so not as much sun as you guys in the US or southern Europe. I tested both panels yesterday, just hung them out of the window in the vague direction of the sun and plugged my iphone in. Charged my iPhone 4S from 90% to 100% in 25minutes in January sun directly. Will trickle charge a small battery pack in cloudy weather also.
Very happy, not cheap, but very effective.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, actually works!, 27 Aug 2013
This review is from: Goal Zero Nomad 7M Solar Panel (Automotive)
Bought this solar charger to use it for charging my iphone/ipod while camping. Put it on my camping tent and pointed it to the sun, plugged in my device and it instantly started charging!

It's very light and quite small when folded (or unfolded).

Charging times are not 1-2 hours at least for an iPhone 5. They probably are something like 2-4 hours depending on the sun. My ipod though was charged very very fast (something like 1 hour).

The only negative i can say is that when i put my iPhone to charge in the net-pocket that is on the back, my iPhone displayed a warning message saying that the temperature was very high, charging had stopped, and that for charging to begin again it needed to cool off first. This was happening because the net-pocket which is on the back actually "touches" the back of the solar panels, so iPhone was between my tent and the solar panels which caused this rise of temperature. I used a t-shirt to cover my phone and then tied the t-shirt on the top of my tent so i could avoid my phone to both touching the solar panels and not to be in direct sunlight.

Definetely a good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Goal Zero, 6 Mar 2013
This review is from: Goal Zero Nomad 7M Solar Panel (Automotive)
I work in Africa. I bought this as a toy come experiment..I cannot fault it for charging. What It could with is more literature and connections. It said it came with them but did not. I have been concerned to plug in in (only USB) to certain things. I took the plunge and plugged my flat IPAD in. It charges it fine at approx 10%/hour. This may sound bad, but its free and when in the middle of nowhere it is a godsend.

More connections but a good item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: Goal Zero Nomad 7M Solar Panel (Automotive)
I have used this panel (clipped to the back of my rucksack) for a few months now, and It has been very good. I need a battery pack as it will not charge an Iphone directly, but for my GPS, Ipod and everything else it has worked perfectly.
It is tough and will work in the rain, small and easy to carry, the charging times can be long ranging from a couple of hours in Morocco, to all morning in the UK. I use it with a battery charger that fits doubleA and tripleA batteries.
Its the first thing I pack to go anywhere.
Whether it is expensive or not will depend on how long it last, so far, apart from wiping the panels down occasionally, mine still looks as if it has just come out of the box.
This Panel fills a need and does it well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
Excellent Bit of Kit

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not wkr with IPhone or Nokia!, 3 July 2014
This review is from: Goal Zero Nomad 7M Solar Panel (Automotive)
I do not recommend this even if it seems very smart!

5.0 out of 5 stars works perfectly , does it's job, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: Goal Zero Nomad 7M Solar Panel (Automotive)
works perfectly , does it's job. Practices what it preaches. No complaints from me. It worked perfectly up a mountain in the himalayas charging up my gear!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the new version 2, 18 Dec 2013
This review is from: Goal Zero Nomad 7M Solar Panel (Automotive)
Despite the photo is of the version 1 the one delivered to me was version 2 with the pocket behind one of the solar panels but no chainable.

It charges my phone up to 1%/min but it must have direct sunlight, otherwise it won`t work.

Compact and lightweight, perfect for the bug out bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: Goal Zero Nomad 7M Solar Panel (Automotive)
Very, very good device. It charging all my stuff - mobile phone, mp3 player, garmin watch, headlamp - everything that could be charging by usb port. In very good sunny day it charging mobile phone in about 3-4 hours!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not up to the job, 21 Jan 2014
This review is from: Goal Zero Nomad 7M Solar Panel (Automotive)
Despite the fact that I followed all the manufactures instructions on placement of the panel. Tried it on sunny days and on cloudy days. It was never capable of generating enough power to charge my smart phone. So I then tried to charge it using the goal zero battery, this was just as bad at holding a charge. Very disappointing. Sent them back.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›