5.0 out of 5 stars Hip Hop 5 Better than before

1.0 out of 5 stars Not like the old ejay
Published 24 months ago by EaglePaw

1.0 out of 5 stars Not like the old ejay, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: eJay Hip Hop 5 reloaded (PC) (CD-ROM)
I have a library of samples from the original ejay products that I manipulate to make my own sounds and samples as I do not like to use them as they are (Fine if you are not a musician). I purchaced this version as it stated that there were 10000 samples. These samples DO NOT come on the cd as wave files as they used to. Instead you have to mess about with giving a load of unnessesary personal information and register the product only to find that the sound samples are infact all online and as far as I can tell can not be copied into your own library on your pc. I am not interested in the 1.6 Gb of crap (mixer, arranger,recording studio, etc) that it installs as I use Adobe Audition to produce my music. The pc I use for recording and producing has no internet explorer for risk of virus, risk of losing music and to save processing speed for Audition. It has no dvd drive and as NOT stated this is a dvd not a cd-rom. Waste of money for my needs and not clearly explained in the product description. As I have had to register the product it can not be returned.

4.0 out of 5 stars oldie but so easy to use, 6 May 2012
bbk (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: eJay Hip Hop 5 reloaded (PC) (CD-ROM)
The best thing about eJay is that it's so damn easy to use. You install it and you're in business, no rocket science figuring it out. Make sure you write down the serial number which appears on the disc itself, or else you'll agonise looking for it in the booklet. The worst thing (so far) is the lack of imagination in naming the samples, which causes me to endlessly go back and forth looking for the proper ones for what I need (to be fair, you can rename them). The vocal samples aren't all that, either, but you can rip your own samples using other programs and eJay allows you to add your own samples. Another problem would be the limitations on manipulating the samples but you need to keep in mind this is more of an amateur software than anything.

In conclusion, aside from some faults, it's an easy software to use if you're just looking to have some fun with tunes, espcially if you have never done anything resembling audio editing before.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 14 Nov 2011
This review is from: eJay Hip Hop 5 reloaded (PC) (CD-ROM)
I owned one of the first eJay products many years ago and it was fantastic. Unfortunately this product appears to be a few steps backward from that. There are plenty of samples and I cant complain about that. The problem is the interface itself. It looks 'messy' and the window that holds the samples is far too small to be practical with no option to increase its size. It's a great shame and lets down what could be a great product. Ejay should concentrate on the music itself and less on trying to look 'street'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hip Hop 5 Better than before, 24 Feb 2011
S. WHYTE - See all my reviews
This review is from: eJay Hip Hop 5 reloaded (PC) (CD-ROM)
I ordered Hip Hop 5 reloaded because I changed my computer to windows 7, as my past EJay products will not work on my new system. I am glad I did because reloaded is light years ahead of the old EJay music production programme. Just as easy to use but the sound samples are far superior and the male/female voices are great and not so corny. Well worth the update. you can produce profesional sounding tracks in minutes.It also can make videos to go with your tracks and you can type in a word and it will produce a computer sounding voice of whatever you type.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not to bad, 5 Feb 2014
Joeyofsmeg (South East England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: eJay Hip Hop 5 reloaded (PC) (CD-ROM)
This product would be awesome if ejay themselves would get off their back sides and send me the activation email. I've done what it says on the box and in game and I've emailed ejay 6 times so far. So if you buy this be prepared to wait a very long time for the product to be activated. Please note that this problem has nothing to do with the seller and is totally down to ejay. I was hoping the reloaded series would correct all the bugs in the old vertions but it seems they have just created new ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Program, 17 Jan 2013
This review is from: eJay Hip Hop 5 reloaded (PC) (CD-ROM)
I was able to create many interesting tunes with this product. It worked on my Win 7 64 bit Home Premium build, as well as on Ultimate.

eJay Hip Hop 5 reloaded (PC)
eJay Hip Hop 5 reloaded (PC) by eJay (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)