on 19 November 2010
This is a really great little suitcase for my grandaughter. She absolutely loves it. It's ideal for her to sit on and ride, or just to pull along.
on 26 December 2010
A fantastic and fun product that will at least brighten up those airport delays.This is an extremely sturdy product that will last for years. The pull along with child on board idea is very handy and fun for the kids. We have 2 of the original trunkis from a few years ago and they are still like new, even though they have been on many trips. This one was bought as a gift. I have to say that I do prefer the 2 handles on the newer cases, rather than the 1 handle on the older models.
on 10 June 2013
I had read almost every review going for the Trunki suitcases before making my purchase (and of course asking my daughters which designs were their favourites). We ordered one 'Penelope' (the purple princess carriage) and one 'Harley' (the ladybug) as Christmas presents last Christmas and both are equally wonderful.

Some people have commented that the Trunkis are not very big, but we took ours on their first outing to Disneyland Paris and managed just fine. We packed enough clothes for both children for three days (a spare outfit for each day), plus pj's, a TOMY winnie the pooh light up projecter, four meduim sized cuddly toys, plus nappies, wipes and a grow bag for our youngest. Everything fit in perfectly and the overall size of the suitcases makes them manageable for children, any bigger and they would simply be impractical. Both our 18 month old and our 4 year old are able to ride on them and pull them along by themselves, and our 4 year old is also able to lift hers by the shorter handles and carry it along on her own too (although the long extendable strap comes in handy when they get tired of riding/pulling/carrying and mummy or daddy are left to contend with carrying them!).

Both our children enjoy riding on the Trunkis (either kicking themselves along or being pulled along) although I would say that they aren't suitable for pulling along a small child at a train station or airport. Our four year old sits on hers perfect well and we were able to pull her along, but our 18 month old very often looses her balance when playing on hers at home, so we didn't risk letting her use it out and about (much to her annoyance!).

If travelling somewhere where your luggage will be around lots of other peoples bags (like at a train station or an airport, rather than just going in your car to visit family) then I would strongly recommend attaching a luggage tag, or tying something brightly coloured to your Trunki, as they are very popular and we found in our train carriage alone there were four other Trunkis (thankfully different), but while waiting at passport control we spotted two identical ones belonging to the family behind us (a Penelope and a Harley), so it would be easy for them to get mixed up.

The design of the suitcase is clever, with lots of handles/straps, a locking mechanism, and pockets within, plus the Penelope Trunki came with a pink foam wand and tiara (although sadly our kitten ate these before our fist trip!). I do agree with some comments about the quality of the plastic clips on the ends of the long straps and where these connect to the suitcase. Ours have held up so far, but I can see why some people have had these parts break and am hoping that ours will last, because without them it would be difficult to use properly. However, as suitcases and luggage go, these cases are by far the most colourful and amazing thing out there. I can't imagine my children having so much fun with any of the other types of bags or suitcases that you can currently get. While our 'boring' Samsonite case gets unpacked and swiftly taken up into the loft after each trip, the Trunkis remain in the house for hours of fun games that our two girls create.

I would highly recommend this product and hope that anyone buying one has a much fun as our household does!
on 12 August 2015
Bought this for our granddaughter on her first birthday, as her parents travel quite a bit. She loved it immediately, as did her 4 year old brother. It contains a foam tiara and wand, which were surplus to requirements really, but the trunki will be used time and time again. Love the colour.
on 10 January 2012
Our Grandson had one (Gruffalo) and therefore our Grand daughter wanted one too - so the princess one was ideal - also very sturdy.
on 6 September 2011
great colour and shape. the princess design is just right for my princess. has not been used for holiday yet but used around the house for her to get used to it before we go away. I know it will fit everything in that she will need on the plane.
on 20 April 2014
We'll made as expected. You will need another bag where you put toys, clothes in otherwise it all just falls out. Especially if using as cabin luggage. If it was not a sit on Thing. I would not bother, it's a pain for an adult to carry since it's a bit bulky but good fun for a kid. This is my experience.
on 21 January 2014
This case is great fun, the children love riding on it and it holds sufficient clothes for small children, they can pull it along or be pulled along on it which is quite useful if they get tired and you just can't pick them up. I would say I think one needs to look around for a bargain price as they can be quite expensive.
on 1 June 2013
My four year old and her cousins love trunkies. Really great for them to pack their toys for holidays/sleepovers and they have fun riding on them too. The only reason I don't give 5 stars is the catch on the internal straps is really fiddley and far to difficult for a young child (and I struggle!). My daughter loves this princess design and my son has the Gruffalo. Expensive but I think worth it for the hours of use and fun they've had.
on 10 November 2013
I have to say we stumbled upon this by seeing someone pulling their child along on it. It is great for this but as written in reviews it has NO steering obviously which means that you are literally dragging this bag plus child but they will love it. The design options are great and it has a very practical use. It is not the lightest carry on bag you can get so factor this in but otherwise you can't go wrong as it is great fun and very practical.