4.0 out of 5 stars Really nice
How well this lamp/alarm clock works for you depends on how you drift off at night/wake up in the morning. The lamp gets brighter over time, with the accompanying alarm (containing a number of different themes - I paticularly liked the wind chime one) or radio also getting louder as the 'wake-up' time approaches. This will work well for some people, less so for others. If...
Published on 9 Jan 2011 by V. Warrington

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, but poor Manufacture
I must first of all say that I purchased my lamp from Buzz Agent, not from Amazon.

I purchased the Wake up like a year ago through a Phillips endorsed trial scheme, the light was a great boon, It helped me wake up at various times, on all manor of shifts.

The slow wake up process suited me and I felt refreshed when I awoke.

The main...
Published on 28 Jan 2012 by Stuart Clarke

4.0 out of 5 stars Great item - big price-tag, 6 Feb 2011
RozziD "Rose" (Lincoln, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Philips HF3485 Wake-Up Light with Radio Alarm and USB Playback (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I, like many people out there, am NOT a morning person. I also find the winter months particularly difficult in the mornings as there is nothing more depressing than having to get up in the dark! So, when trying this product, I was paying attention specifically to how I felt on waking and I must admit I feel generally better and have to put it down to the gentle way my brain or eyes are getting used to the light level in the room rather than just going from dark to bright light.

I would love it if it were possible to pre-set the light level as has been suggested by previous reviewers but that is definitely not a reason not to go ahead and purchase this piece of equipment.

Although it does take a bit of time to set this up initially, it is really easy to use from then on and I would definitely recommend that you use a dongle or other USB device to provide you with your own alarm as the bird song is truly dreadful!

I am well aware that this is a light that carries a hefty price-tag but in my opinion, it is a great idea.

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced & Oversized, 14 Jan 2012
Poor build quality - very plasticky and lightweight.

It is also far larger thai I thought it would be - although this is probably more down to me not reading the spec, I found the pictures of it on the site quite misleading in terms of its actual size.

I have returned this product as I felt it was very overpriced and not of sufficient quality.

Philips HF3485 Wake-Up Light with Radio Alarm and USB Playback