5.0 out of 5 stars How to win at losing!
I won't go into the technicalities of this game, earlier reviews have covered this far better than I.
Published on 7 Mar 2011 by L. R. Wiggin

2.0 out of 5 stars Interface hell!
I bought this to add a little variety to my Kinect work-out routine. I already have Your Shape and really like it. I read a bunch of good reviews on Amazon for The Biggest Loser and the length and breadth of the programme seemed impressive.

Oh dear.

Published on 10 Aug 2011 by Paul R. Norton

5.0 out of 5 stars How to win at losing!, 7 Mar 2011
L. R. Wiggin (Staffordshire, England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Biggest Loser: Ultimate Workout -Kinect Compatible (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Bottom line, does it work? For me, a resounding yes! I've had this game for 8 weeks, started out with easy exercise routines & gradually worked up to Challenging routines, 5 times a week, 50 minutes per session. Result? I've lost 25 pounds in this time! Like everything in life, it will only work if you stick with it. Also you probably wont lose weight without eating more healthily at the same time.So my advice, for what it's worth, is give it a go. It is relatively cheap for these sort of games. Perhaps keep it a secret from your work colleagues. The women at work are beyond jealous at my weight loss as they continue to count the calories & eat their rabbit food. Great fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Who needs a trainer?, 1 Feb 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Who needs a personal trainer when you can have this. Great workouts and fitness regimes. I like the way it tells you if you are not quite doing the moves right and if you feel you are being pushed too hard you can say "This is too much" and it will calm the workout down for you (or vice versa). You can set weight goals and fitness goals and create your own onscreen avatar / image. Well worth the money. I feel fitter already :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Interface hell!, 10 Aug 2011
Paul R. Norton "cutsey-cuddly" (London, England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars

Oh dear.

The manual boasts 10 different preset work-out routines, including 'Marathon Man' and 'Enlightenment.' I can't find them anywhere. I'm going to make the assumption that they're in the equivalent Wii product and not in the Xbox version.

Navigation is a nightmare - way too complicated and twitchy. It took me five minutes to input my weight and height because the clumsy interface kept running too far up or down. Horrible. You're also supposed to create your own Avatar, but the adjustments take way too long - so I gave up and just took what was given to me.

The programmed responses from the 'trainers' are dalek-like in tone and repetition and bear little relevance to what I'm actually doing.

Once you get past all these frustrations, the actual exercises are fairly good, though my particular kinect set-up found it hard to track me for floor exercises (NB - you will need a lot more floor space than is required for Your Shape).

But my biggest problem with the game is the absense of at least half the content featured in the manual and on the back of the box. I've searched and searched and, so far, have not been able to detect it.

So back to Your Shape which, in my view, is a far superior programme both in content and in style.

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally Great, 4 Jan 2011
M. L. Horton "ZombiePowa!" (england) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I wasn't sure what to expect, but it's a pretty solid game. It scans you're measurements, you input your age and weight, it tests your initial ability, and the game suggests a level of difficulty and areas to focus on. It's quite clever really!

The exercises work on the whole great, but I had a few issues with the trainer telling me to stop having a break when I was actually on my feet doing the exercise, which I thought it should have known since my body movements appear on screen. On a less important note, the voices get annoying really quickly. Especially when they repeat "You got it, great!" five times in a row, I will need to figure out how to turn them off. Also the menu navigation is generally OK, but when it asks you to create a character to represent you, it takes a while using your hand. It gave me a starting point to work from; a morbidly obese Mexican looking chap, so needless to say I spent while changing him to fit my appearance.

Anyway, the actual logistics behind the game are great; you set a goal, and select how many days a week and for how many minutes you want to work out. Simple as that. For the price, it is definitely worth doing, and will easily get you out of breath!

4.0 out of 5 stars In my view, as close to the tv programme as it gets, 1 April 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This game worked well for my console, pretty much straight from the off.
I didnt give it five stars because it sometimes does not respond to my hand movement, and i have other kinect games which are quite responsive, so i know it could be that this game may need some updates to respond better; i have to say i have not yet connected my xbox to the internet, so i cannot say if updates exist for this game.
The on-game trainers are almost as encouraging as they are on the show and i also like how this game takes a (i suppose it could be called) 3D image of your body and also takes other vital statistics to setup a wourkout plan, for as long a term as i desired, which i have set for 3months.
I did the first workout for 40mins and it did its job, getting my heart pumping and a some sweat on my face.
All in all, i am happy with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good variety of exercises with a few niggles - good value game., 10 Mar 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I've been playing it daily for about 10 weeks now and feel better for it.

Likes:
* Gets you moving
* The exercises are varied and tailored (box-fit, yoga, circuit, etc - lots of stuff in there I wouldn't normally do)
* The exercise program can be altered at any time
* Good value overall

Dislikes:
* Speech recognition is poor (I'd rather it was just off altogether)
* Exercise tracking occasionally fails to see you properly (you do get used to what it's looking for the more you use it though)
* Speech is annoying sometimes, repeats the same thing several times in succession
* Lifestyle tasks don't suit the program (e.g. you can have a daily program with a week-long lifestyle task, so that has to somehow be completed the next day) - but they can be disabled anyway.
* I can't bend as much as they can:)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent weight loss game, 31 Dec 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
this game is exactly what its meant for - weight loss

my whole family is using this game to lose weight - we have all varying weight issues from obesity - to thin

the game supplys excercise routines for all - assists in health issues - supplys alternativ eating habits

the excercise routines are adjusted to suit the individual

you can choose Bob or Jillian or have both as trainers

the kinect reads all the movements very well - the only thing one needs is space

excellent way to lose weight and improve your health

5.0 out of 5 stars Kinect fitness for the unfit!, 7 Jan 2011
Julie Cutler - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Of the 4 early released fitness games for the Kinect, this is the one you need if you are starting at the UNFIT level. It's gentle, it checks your progress (you have a choice of 3 phrases to speak to tell it how puffed you are), it emphasises warming up, drinking water and not making over wild movements to stress your joints. Plus it has eating hints if you want to take that route.

On the other hand the menus are a little fluttery, with a strange tinkerbell trail of light following your hand position and it relies on far too many icons to navigate (it's a bit irritating just trying to work out how to start the routine initially). In the early stages (as far as I've got) it just relies on a trainer telling you to perform the motions, WITHOUT a "music" background (typically other kinect titles have cheap techno). You edit your own in-game avatar if you wish from the generic chubby one donated to you. In the corner is your small blobby heat image from the kinect camera which goes green if you are doing the right moves.

I'm only in the early stages, having previously used Your Shape fitness evolved, which is more reliant on insisting you do high impact exercises exactly to the beat. I think the two will work ideally to compliment each other and provide a bit of variety (and a little time to catch my breath!). Mel B's version I found too much like a port of a fitness video, without much use of the kinect's features. EA sports active seems to be unrentable because of the need to use the heart monitor (which also initially made the price of the game double that of a normal title).

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Mar 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The game itself is brilliant, the in built scanning system tells you which areas to target and allows you to make a customised and effective workout plan for yourself.

The excercises are fun and there is a great deal of customisation.

The only problem I found was the navigation of the menu screens, far to fiddly and at times hard to input data precisely.

All in all once you get past the menu screens it is a brilliant game

5.0 out of 5 stars The show comes to life, 17 Jan 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I brought this not really expecting much, i love the show and the basic idea of exercising and tracking your progress as you go. The game itself is easy to set up even with the kinnect hand movments it wont take you long.

You can set yourself 4,8 or 12 week exercises plan ( i did the 12 like the show ) and the actual routines are easy to customise and if you do well your be told to upgrade your level. Voices can be a bit repetative after several times of using but they are mainly telling you to speed up, get lower etc so they have a purpose

If you looking to lose some weight and have a kinnect i cant recommend this enouth, at last a xbox game that wont make you fat! 5 stars to the biggest lose