5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Skins tights, 28 Dec. 2013
John Boy (Bristol United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I've worn Skins original format tops, half-tights and long tights since 2009, an A400 top and half-tights since 2011 and, I bought the A400 long tights in 2013, so I know the product well. They certainly work for me in reducing delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) that I get between 48 - 72 hours after a hard session. As well as resistance and cardio I wear them for yoga and Pilates and, when I had inguinal hernias this summer, my GP said that it was OK to wear the A400 half-tights during Pilates for support and compression. Generally the quality has been very good, although I have had some where the flatlock stitching has started to unravel; they've been replaced without a problem.

The A400 kit differs from the original format in that different material is used at places that are subject to more movement or need less pressure. So the A400 tights have a less compressive material around the knees and over the ITB. However, they are more a lot more compressive around the ankles and calves; I must try them for a fast cadence session on a Spin bike or turbo trainer. As per the original format, the Skins sizing chart suggests that if you're on the border between two sizes, go for the smaller size. Whilst you could do that with the original range, there's no way that I can do it with the A400 range. I'm 5' - 10" (177 cm) and 70kgs so I'm right on the line between medium and small sizes, but trust me, I get more than enough compression from the medium size! I've mentioned that the lower section has a lot of compression and this requires some care putting them on. They need to be rolled on like women's tights as just pulling hard on the waistband may cause problems with the stitching or material. These are tight so if you're self-conscious you may want to wear shorts or gym trousers over them; they aren't too restrictive around your sensitive bits though!

Improved performance from new kit can be placebo / association effect. I wear Skins A400 half-tights for resistance work. The first time that I wore the A400 long tights, exercises using both legs improved - leg press machine, rowing machine - but the single leg items such as leg extension and leg curl machines remained the same. My legs felt good 24 hours later.

Skins brought out an A200 range and they say that the difference between the A200 and A400 range is :
"The A400 has several categories; these ranges are more specific to the different sport activities and their specific needs. A400 is aimed for professional athletes and serious amateurs. This range is also cut to be more ergonomic, and made to fit better by splitting into body shapes, based on the 3D body scan we have conducted. Also different fabric is used in specific areas to give more comfort and freedom of movement, such as around the neck, knees and side of the torso. We use different fabrics in A400 range to give the correct amount of compression while the muscles are pumped up during activity. The A400 provides in contrast to the other ranges a dynamic gradient compression. For the A200 collection improvements were made in both men's and women's ranges to the look of our recognisable contrast stitching and our waistbands. Additional unique embossed fabrics have been used to add texture and subtle branding to the garments. The A200 women's garment take cues from catwalk collections in terms of colour, style and the use of feminine mesh details whilst still performing to Skins exacting standards. Bold aesthetics help the A200 range stand out of the crowd, but the innovative design goes much deeper that just a striking appearance."

Expensive, but for the right body shape they are supportive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like an Upgrade to your Skin, 20 Dec. 2014
Having tried Skins A200 (Not a bad design, fabric lower grade, you know you're wearing them), 2XU (look so cool, very few features, uncomfortable waist), Under Armour (odd shape and fit, low grade fabric) and Sub Sports (pretty good for the prices) running / compression skins I can safely say: 5 Stars for Skins A400 long tights.
These are so well designed you actually feel like you've been upgraded, like in a Xbox game. Its possibly psychological but I feel like I'm faster, more explosive and tire less when wearing these. Its hard to explain, it's like your not wearing them but you know you are because you feel like you, just a better version of you. It sounds odd but I know exactly where my limbs are at all times, like additional feedback to your Brain.
I fit exactly in the middle of a Skins size guide so I find they are super comfortable. The male design panel at the front gives important man support and cupping without squashing. I can't say the same is true in any of the other main brands ive tried.
The Skins FAQ says you can wear these as under or outerwear, you need to be confident if you're going to run or train in these alone as they are very form fitting. But they do look Pro. They have a little back internal pocket for your car or door key if you do use these as your running tights. Very handy.

Assuming you have the correct size I find they stay in place. Ran 10km and only adjusted once. That's impressive.
Have used these for recovery and find my legs do feel better the next day as compared to not wearing any tights. Skins make RY400 tights for recovery. So the fact these help is just a bonus.

In conclusion: Awesome fit (follow Size Guide exactly), super comfortable fabric, excellent cut and design, best male support ive found, Pro look and enhanced body feedback.
Oh and a one year guarantee, if the seams do weaken etc you can have them replaced in only a few days.

5.0 out of 5 stars tight tights, 12 Feb. 2013
I have ran in these under a pair of shorts and they were great, slightly loose at the waist compared to the rest of the fitting but this doesn't both me, but I am mainly using them as after run recovery and for that purpose they are amazing! My legs feel fresher the next day after wearing these! I'd recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars The skinny on skins!, 13 Oct. 2014
This is great gear. I'm always pleased with my skins products and wearing it helps inspire me to get out there and put in the miles. My only niggle with Skins is that I would like if they put a draw string around the waist. I expect that they have a reason not to, but...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tights, 2 July 2013
Bought these for my son and he thinks they are brilliant. He wears them immediately after strenuous exercise and have helped with his recovery times. Great product

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, work even better than previous versions, 29 Jan. 2011
I had the previous edition in white, as a runner I've had problems with my calf muscle and these really help recover I dont feel half as sore. Also bought the long sleeve top which A400 which is leaps and bounds better than the previous ones. Expensive, very tight fitting but very comfortable. Recommend highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 April 2015
Great quality and value for money.would buy these again