5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed immensely by a nearly 7yr old and her mum!
Published on 8 Oct 2008 by busymum

3.0 out of 5 stars daisy and the trouble with life
this book is not that long but there is lots of pages of pictures and there is lots of adjectives in the books. its so funny a well.
Published 18 months ago by Mark

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed immensely by a nearly 7yr old and her mum!, 8 Oct 2008
I shunned this book a couple of months ago because it starts off talking about 'being grounded' and I didn't think my 6 and a half year old would understand, however I had a change of heart after reading reviews on here-and I'm really glad I did! It is definitely not pitched too high for a 6/7 year old and my daughter has really enjoyed the tales of Daisy's highs and lows. It has been a favourite at bedtime and also she has enjoyed reading it alone. The story is written in a diary style format from Daisy's point of view and it has many, many laughs along the way. Daisy is an endearing character and adults will sympathise with Daisy's mum! Highly recommended for 7 year olds. We will be giving it as presents to friends!

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good book, 2 Nov 2008
A Kid's Review
I enjoyed reading it. It was about a girl who ate a dib dab sweet off the pavement and could not play with her friend Gabby when she really wanted to do spells on tibbles the next door neighbour's cat. This book was one of the best I ever read and Daisy is a very good character for many books including eat your peas for younger children and chapter books like this for older children like me. I really recommend this for other children and I recommend the other daisy books too By Rebecca age 8

5.0 out of 5 stars Sherbet Dib Dab lovers beware!!!, 10 Jan 2009
I bought this for my daughters Christmas as she is now reading paperbacks and thought this would be good as she enjoyed 'Eat Your Peas'. I could hear her giggling in her bedroom and found that she was reading this. I have to say I found it amusing myself. Daisy is a 'glass half empty type of kid' and this is how she blames the consequences of her actions on anything else she can think of. I laughed out loud myself at the 'sherbet dib dab' incident.

This was a really enjoyable little book with tongue in cheek humour, none of which is inappropriate for the market it is aimed at. It has amusing illustrations which is good as some kids are put off by the lack of pictures in paperback books. The chapters are short so its a good transition from read aloud books to going it alone and the prose is easy to read with no big or difficult words.

Also comes with its own Daisy bookmark. Being pestered already to buy the two sequels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant!, 7 Aug 2008
O. M. Aszkenasy (Washington, Tyne & Wear United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I've had this book for over a month now, and I still enjoy reading it. My little sister likes reading the book too. At the end of each of the first few chapters, Daisy says "Excuse me a minute! I need to go somewhere!" which is really funny. She says that because she has eaten a sweet off the pavement, so DO NOT BUY this book if you hate disgusting things, but other than that the book is GREAT and can reccommend it to everyone.
I've got to say that the Daisy and the trouble with Life and Daisy and the trouble with Zoos stories ARE FANTASTIC, I take them on almost every car journey for me and my little sister to read, I'm getting the Daisy and the trouble with Giants, which was released only today, either this week or next week.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read for little girls everywhere, 30 Aug 2009
lilysmum "lilysmum65" (uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I bought this for my little girl because we liked the illustrations and I read a review in the paper. Well, it was a big success. The chapters are really short, the ideas are funny, and the vocabulary is really simple and repetitive without being boring. This means any 6 or 7 year old should be able to read it independently. My little girl likes to read a couple of chapters and then come and tell me what the trouble is with frogspawn, or lollies, or sherbert, or whatever she has just read. We end up laughing because it's all so true to life and I love Daisy's grumpy but fun loving attitude to life! A must read book.

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 year old daughter loves it!, 19 Jun 2014
My daughter loves these books and can read them on her own, though likes them read to her also. First series of books that she'll read independently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daisy and the trouble with life, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Daisy and the Trouble with Life (Daisy Fiction) (Kindle Edition)
OMG this book rocks!I think everyone should love this book as much as I do.I've read it like 50000 times

4.0 out of 5 stars Second Review, 8 April 2014
I have already read most Daisy books . I would recommend this to children 6 - 13 though it might be recommended 7-10 by some people .

4.0 out of 5 stars Daisy and the Trouble with Life, 28 Feb 2014
This book is really funny .At first I thought this was just for younger kids but it turns out my 10 year old daughter,5 year old ,me and my husband like it as a funny book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not the best, 21 Jan 2014
I must admit I didn't enjoy this as much as the other daisy books. Still worth reading though! It was still enjoyable

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›