5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A VOICE!!
I have been a fan of John Owen-Jones for some time and a few weeks ago my Wife and I saw him live (for the first time) in "The Three Phantoms" concert in St David's Hall Cardiff.

The man has superb stage presence and the voice is just magnificent.

Published on 13 Dec. 2009 by Mr. P. Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars A Competent Introductory Disc
Having heard the "Unmasked" disc first, this CD proved to be a disappointment, Some of the same songs as on the other disc are included. Enjoyed pacticularly the track "Anthem" from the musical Chess.
Published 19 months ago by Dave

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A VOICE!!, 13 Dec. 2009
Mr. P. Johnson "carffion" (Port Talbot, South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: John Owen-Jones (Audio CD)

The man has superb stage presence and the voice is just magnificent.

He sang a few tracks that are on the album. "Tell my Father" and "Bring him home" were real tearjerkers,and carried real potency in the light of the Afghanistan conflict.

I don't know whether Bryn Terfel or the other guests were brought in to give the album a push or not.All I can say is that anyone interested in musical theatre or who just appreciates a great voice must buy this album.

The guy's a genius!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just fabulous!!, 7 Dec. 2009
This review is from: John Owen-Jones (Audio CD)
This is a wonderful album. John has an amazing voice and it is shown to its best here. Love it, love it, love it!! Can't wait to see him on tour next year.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Tenor in the World!, 9 Dec. 2009
Mr. Raymond J. Chilton (Croydon UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: John Owen-Jones (Audio CD)
For many years John's fabulous voice belonged to London's West End, a Star behind Val Jeans beard and in the Phantoms Mask. Now, with this wonderful selection of beautiful songs we can share that treasure and listen to the best tenor in the world! If 'New Words' does not bring tears to your eyes your heart is a stone. If 'Myfanwy' does not insprire every Welsh man to score the next try of the century they are not true patriots! It's not just the power of the voice it's the expression. I'm not sure if you can wear a CD out by simply playing it.....but I'm having a good try. Come on John Boy!

5.0 out of 5 stars There is only one 'Jones the Voice' and he is not from Pontypridd but Burryport!, 8 April 2011
This review is from: John Owen-Jones (Audio CD)
I first encountered John in 1998, in his first run in Les Mis (as Valjean), and have followed his career ever since. This CD is superb, and in many ways very different from the traditional CDs of musical theatre performers. The reason is the variation in it's content, with many of the numbers coming from lesser known musicals. Bring Him Home and MOTN are there and are sung as well as ever. The arrangement of Bring Him Home features Catrin Finch on the harp, which is absolutely stunning as it adds something different to this well performed song. The songs can best be described as performers songs - with each telling a story - after all, JOJ is an actor and very much is able to give performances of these songs, as opposed to just singing them ( I hope that makes sense). Tell My Father and New Words & Kiss of the Spiderwoman are all excellent examples of what I mean. John is now playing the Phantom once again, and is superb in this role. I urge everyone to buy this album - you will not be disappointed, and also see him in POTO...he is there until March 2012...or in concert in the 3 Phantoms, which are touring various locations in the Autumn of 2011. This album is worth every penny. 'Jones the Voice' comes from Burryport and not from Pontypridd!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 22 Dec. 2009
J. GLEW "jane glew" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: John Owen-Jones (Audio CD)
I have been a John Owen-Jones fan for a number of years now.His number one fan ! I have seen him many times in the west end both in Phantom and Les Mis .His performances were superb and his voice is just AMAZING!This album then is something to treasure, each and every track is beautiful. Of course my favourite is 'Bring Him Home' always has been , but I love the whole cd.I thoroughly recommend this as a great christmas present , you will not be disappointed.This man has a voice let me tell you.If you love musical theatre then this cd is a 'must have'.The last track on it shows his voice off perfectly.Thankyou Mr.Jones, here's to the next one please.
Jane.

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS GUY CAN SING, 16 Jun. 2010
K. Johansen "luvmusic" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: John Owen-Jones (Audio CD)
There is little I can add to the already glowing reviews here.

This cd arrived today and it is so good I have already played it twice, anyone who can move me with the beautiful Anthem from Chess is ok with me and John you brought tears to my eyes with that beautiful note you hit at the end.
Apart from the more famous songs there are some that are new to me, Tell My Father and Proud Lady to name just two, however the bonus track Myfanway deserves a special mention but it is not the song David Essex recorded some years back, this is a traditional Welsh song sung brilliantly by John.
All I can add is when is your next album being released?

5.0 out of 5 stars The CD I have been waiting for., 1 Feb. 2010
C. Kitchen "chrisk594" (East Yorks, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: John Owen-Jones (Audio CD)
This is a wonderful cd by undoubtedly the best Jean Val Jean (from Les Mis) ever! John Owen Jones' voice is spectacular and he has chosen such a wonderful selection of songs. Bring Him Home is perhaps the song John is best known for, and it does bring a tear to my eye every time I hear him sing it. Other tracks I particularly like are Tell My Father and I'd Rather Be Sailing. The three voices of John, Bryn Terfel and Michael Ball are a beautiful blend too on Pretty Lady from Stephen Sondheim's Pacific Overtures. Myfanwy is a delightful bonus also. I love that song and who better to sing it than the wonderful Welshman, John Owen Jones?

4.0 out of 5 stars Equisite Voice, 10 Jan. 2010
C. Gillard - See all my reviews
This review is from: John Owen-Jones (Audio CD)
John Owen Jones is one of the most loved West End and Broadway performers and he doesn't disappoint with his latest offering. The album contains a trio with John, Michael Ball and Bryn Terfel for starters and some well known favourites such as Music of the Night and Bring Him Home. Well worth the money. Quick delivery too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Voice Ever, 22 Feb. 2010
J. Jones (North Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: John Owen-Jones (Audio CD)
Having seen and heard John Owen-Jones twice before I thought he had such a wonderful voice. As a surprise for my birthday my husband enquired if he had produced any cd's and came up with this one on Amazon. Of the 11 tracks I only really knew 2 of them plus the bonus track "Myfanwy" but I have now played it so much I know them all. They are all from musicals but I would say from less known musical productions. What a fantastic voice so easy to listen to. Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Phenomenal Voice!, 20 Jan. 2010
This review is from: John Owen-Jones (Audio CD)
I happened on John Owen-Jones when searching for Les Miserables music as my grandson was in the play in High School, and I came across JOJ singing "Bring Him Home" on You Tube. I was awe struck by this man's voice, and wanted to hear more of it. I bought the first CD he made, and couldn't wait for this CD to come out. It is just great. I was surprised how easy and quick I received both the CDs from the UK. I am anxiously awaiting his next one.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›