5.0 out of 5 stars Best printer I've owned, 17 Nov. 2012
This review is from: HP CE538A LaserJet Pro M1536DNF All-In-One Printer (Print, Copy, Scan, Fax) (Electronics)
Works flawlessly and very easy to set up, even on mac. I had no problems setting up the printer and I have not had any single issue since setting up. I use it with the computers at home, both windows and mac - printing wirelessly. I also print from my iPad and iPhone using AirPrint.
I will certainly recommend this printer to anyone looking to buy a mono laserjet multifunction printer. The print quality is very good and prints duplex too. Scanning and photocopying with it has been very smooth, not with the glitches I often experienced with other printers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good printer, 3 Dec. 2012
Good printer, to be fair, but feels a little outdated without a WiFi function. All these wires that have to be plugged in for remote printing is a nuisance. If I had to choose again, I would have chosen a printer with an imbedded WiFi. However if you do not mind ethernet cables, you will be pleased with this machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent small home office printer!, 2 Sept. 2011
Just received my printer yesterday which I bought from the Amazon Warehouse for my new limited company so saved around £50 on RRP and this printer is worth every penny. It even came with a toner cartridge installed! It's quick and easy to set up all of the features including the amazing HP eprint function which gives your printer a unique email address so you can email your printer and it will print out the email and attachments. You can set it so only recognised email addresses print to prevent spam printing. I used this previously with my company provided officejet 6500 (which now seems like a tame printer in comparison) and had no problems with spam printing whatsoever. I recommend this eprint feature for anyone who travels for business and I recommend customising your HP eprint email address. It's so easy to use and print documents with no hassle that a kid could do it. I use it as a wireless networked printer for the entire home (just plug the printer into your wireless router with a network cable and voila) and it is excellent, especially on my mac running OS X Lion. Detection on my work laptop which runs XP was a bit more hassle but I persuaded XP to play nice it's working absolutely fine.

Having only had office printers which were inkjet printers in the past I was a bit sceptical about going to a monochrome laserjet but I am not regretting it one bit. No more shaking my bookcase/printer table to bits and no more putting in 6 different cartridges! I've already used all of the features of this printer and I thoroughly recommend this printer to anyone who prints on a daily basis or runs their business from home. This printer is an excellent all in one laserjet printer, fax, scanner and I will never be going back to officejet/inkjet printers ever again.

P.S. I've just read this through and I apologise for it seeming so gushy. I should add - I have no affiliation with HP whatsoever but they do make amazingly good printers and the fact that they're easy to set up on Macs just makes it even better....

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm surprised at how good this is, 26 Jan. 2012
P. Willmott - See all my reviews
I've had loads of printers overs the years and mainly stuck to HP. More recently, it has seemed that their build quality has suffered so was expecting this one, for the relatively low price, to be a bit flimsy. I was therefore pleasantly surprised to discover that although it's not up to the tank like build of yesteryear, it is surprisingly well put together.

Like another reviewer, I was dead pleased with the Mac setup which included, without me knowing, setting the printer to be seen by Iphone and Ipad. All functions work very well.

Subject to the performance continuing I'm going to be very pleased, moreover as I'm getting £60 quid back on a promotion meaning this has cost me a paltry £149!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best printer ever owned!, 13 Aug. 2013
Ife N (London, England) - See all my reviews
I nearly gave up on HP. Their cheaper products aimed at homes suck. The drivers don't work well and I start looking at other manufacturers. But then this was rate 5 of 5, so I took a gamble wit these guys and it paid off.

I plugged it in to my network and it automatically configured its self. I can't print from my iPhone or iPad without any configuration. The fax machine works well and the scanning function works perfectly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great printer on Mac or Windows. Easy set up. One problem : network scanning very slow with Mountain Lion, 8 Oct. 2013
Very impressive all rounder - sets up very easily on Mac or Windows, prints beautifully from both over wi-fi via Time Capsule's USB port, scans and copies very well, handles multiple sheets using its document feeder. Quite a small footprint, too, for such a capable unit, and yes it does do double-sided. The only disappointment is that Apple software does not support use of a scanner over my wireless network via USB, so you have to unplug the printer from the Time Capsule and plug it directly into your laptop for scanning to work. This is not in any way the printer's fault, and can be worked around by connecting your printer via ethernet cable to your network.

HOWEVER there is a problem that Apple and HP need to solve between them instead of blaming each other: Scanning using this printer over a network (ie using ethernet) is VERY slow if running Mountain Lion - several minutes for a hi-res image vs seconds for connection via USB directly to your computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer, 7 Feb. 2013
Works well and is very quick. I haven't had it long enough to see how durable or reliable it is.

Easy to setup and has ePrint/AirPrint which is great as we have Apple and other products that now communicate with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer - poor software for set up, 23 July 2013
Just started using this today. Can't fault the printer - very fast, much faster than my old dell inkjet! Set up and installation was a nightmare! The supplied CD did not work and it took 5 attempts to get the downloaded software to work. But now all working and seems ok!

4.0 out of 5 stars No fuss to install, but a few issues with vista after a couple of weeks, 13 Oct. 2013
printer is fine. quick and easy to install, works out of the box and does exactly what you would expect. a few driver issues surfaced with vista after a couple of weeks which are niggly, but I suppose i blame windows more than the printer for this...

5.0 out of 5 stars Really impressed, 21 Sept. 2012
The speed that this thing chucks out a highly detailed image is shocking, let alone the fact you don't have Inc costs.
I'm really satisfied with this product, for the price its a bargain considering it works like an office printer.
For home printing i would say its over the top, for that very reason its a must have for the home ^^