3.8 out of 5 stars1,110
Style Name: Tab USB Data Cable|Change
Price:£2.78+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 9 October 2014
Not Genuine as advertised and a clear counterfeit Samsung mark was smudged, different size and font (see Pic - Samsung genuine on the left - recently purchased on the right!) Item was shipped from Hong Kong although this isn't made clear so had to wait almost a month for it to arrive too! Just avoid and buy elsewhere.
review image
on 14 September 2011
I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 , and this cable only works to charge up battery - not data transfer. Disappointing.

The original cable from the Galaxy Tab 10.1 can transfer data as well as charge up battery.
11 comment|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 February 2011
Although the cable I received was similar to the Samsung original, Gadgetplusuk only sell Duragadget branded cables even though they are advertising them as originals here. Can found on Amazon for less under their own brand.
on 19 February 2011
Supplied in a plastic bag, this cable is about 98cm long from tip-to-tip. Works perfectly well. There is no Samsung branding anywhere on the cable or packaging, even through the description says it is Samsung branded, and the branding is shown in the product image.
on 3 March 2011
I was very disappointed with this item. When it was recieved it was not as advertised.

The seller clearly identified this item, in their product description, as a "Genuine Samsung Data Cable" however the item received was a cheap copy, with no Samsung branding. Added to this that the cable refused to work as a charging cable, though I am tempted to believe that this was a fault in the item as others people who have bought this cable have said that it did work fine.

On the plus side, when I raised my issues with the seller, they immediately provided a full refund, including P&P.
11 comment|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 September 2013
I have bought two of these so called samsung galaxy tab 2 chargers/data transfer wires for my to tablets.
There were 3 problems with the item.
The first problem was that it is a counter-fit item. It was not a Samsung charger.
Problem two was that the item burned the battery of both my tablets.
Problem three is that it will now no longer let are tablets turn on.
Over all this item is not at all worth buying.
Never buy this horrific item just not worth it.
I bought this from a third party seller and, judging by the review comments, was expecting to expecting to receive an unbranded compatible cable. Unlike several others, the cable I got DOES have Samsung branding on it. But since it arrived in a plain plastic bag, I'm completely unconvinced about the brand claims.

However, there are no problems with the cable when using it to charge my Galaxy Tab via a USB port on my computer - and data transfer has gone without a hitch.
on 27 January 2013
it does not work.

i have got red x in the battery while charging

do not waste your money in this product
on 13 April 2012
Very disappointed, did not work at all!!! Tried to use it for data transfer from my pc to my Galaxy Tab 10.1, very frustrating
on 24 January 2013
Bought this from one of the resellers "fulfilled by Amazon" so I could use Prime. It arrived and I tried it immediately with my Galaxy Note 10.1. It would only charge at normal USB rates while the original cable worked up past 1.5A no problem.

On closer inspection I saw the Samsung logo was poorly printed and in a silver rather than grey colour. The plastic tabs either side of the connected are black and not a white/transparent colour as in the product photo on this page. I would upload a photo for comparison this is not possible.

There are cheap 3rd party cables and then there are fakes and counterfeits. The one I received was "branded" Samsung but was very much a counterfeit.

Be wary folks. I am in the process of returning it.
review image