5.0 out of 5 stars Best LCD monitor to date
Generally speaking I'm not an Apple guy and this is the first Apple's product I've ever bought.
It works with PC like a charm (I've got ATI 5670 graphic card with DisplayPort plus male DP to female mini-DP adapter, which cost about £7).
Published on 13 Feb. 2011 by B. Ledwig

1.0 out of 5 stars Screen died after only 7 months
Published on 16 Feb. 2012 by gecko2

5.0 out of 5 stars Best LCD monitor to date, 13 Feb. 2011
B. Ledwig "bogdanle" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple LED Cinema Display 27" (Accessory)
You can control brightness using AppleControlPanel (not officially available for non-Apple customers but you can find it on the Internet).
Color settings can be adjusted from Catalyst Control Center, iSight camera, speakers and USB ports all work perfectly (I use Windows 7 64-bit).
Picture quality is fantastic, the dot pitch is smaller than typically found in other displays but that's actually an advantage, everything looks smoother.
The closest thing to it is Dell U2711 but it has really ugly anti-reflective coating which makes the picture look dirty and coarse (I know what I'm talking about because I have one of these at work).
The monitor is a bit expensive but that's money well spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Apple, it's expensive, but..., 23 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Apple LED Cinema Display 27" (Accessory)
It's Apple, it's expensive, but having reviewed and considered for about 6 months the Dell High end displays ( which are very good too ) I decided to go for the Apple Cinema Display [ACD] 27".
Reason - clarity of image, sound output quality and it physically matches the iMac 27". Having used a pair of Dell 19" displays for 6 years on my PC, the matt finish on the Dell displays causes 'pixel sparkles' which under certain conditions causes poor image clarity.
If you are thinking of using an all-in-one iMac and you are thinking of adding a dual display, then you won't regret buying the ACD.
The issue of there not being an Off/On button; not an issue, as it goes to low power state when the connected device turnes off.
Comments about high gloss reflective finish are valid but only when incorrectly installed... room lighting and operational location are important and should be taken into account anyhow, as with all workstation setups. I have been using this display for two months now without the glossy finish causing any issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best monitor I ever had, 30 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Apple LED Cinema Display 27" (Accessory)
The color and quality of this monitor is without peer, but I expected this from an Apple product in this price range. The glossy finish doesn't bother me as much as others would debate. What surprised me most was the quality of the speakers integrated, I love listening to music when I'm not working and it does deliver good sound. No audio jack on there for headphones though, thats my only negative. That and the cable which isn't very long, if you plan on using the MagSafe charger your Mac on the desk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing screen!, 13 Jun. 2013
J. Gradwohl "Jorg" (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple LED Cinema Display 27" (Accessory)
It's definitely pricey but the quality and look is just stunning.
I just wish I had waited a bit longer and would have gotten the Thunderbolt screen so everything could have been plugged into the screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars top screen, 20 Oct. 2011
William G. Marshall "Utectok" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple LED Cinema Display 27" (Accessory)
I like this alot. The glass screen takes a while to to get used to as it reflects a bit which some don't like but its easy to clean and looks great I'm a pro user

1.0 out of 5 stars Screen died after only 7 months, 16 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Apple LED Cinema Display 27" (Accessory)
I had no problems for 7 months then noticed the screen was going darker even though the brightness was set to 100% and no energy saving options were on. Then it started just going completely black, so I would restart and it may be fine for another 5 or 10 minutes then would go black again while the audio was fine. Sent it back to Amazon who said it could take up to 3 months for a replacement, so I would be refunded. Even though there is an identical product with Thunderbolt at £10 less than what I paid originally. I'm not happy with the quality of this screen, so may look for an alternative.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good/bad, 21 April 2012
This review is from: Apple LED Cinema Display 27" (Accessory)
Everything fine for a few weeks then it went wrong (flickering) , sent back to apple who replaced main display board !!

Buyers beware!

Apple LED Cinema Display 27"
Used & New from: £679.00