5.0 out of 5 stars Bright! Great unit.
Very bright, easy to fit, easy to take on and off, also useful as a torch, excellent product.
Does the job perfectly.
Published on 22 April 2011 by Mr. S. B. Mills

Published on 23 Nov 2010 by Victor

3.0 out of 5 stars Raleigh 120 Lumen 3 Watt Super Bright Metal Front Light and 1/2 Watt Rear Bike Lights - Excellent lights, poor fittings., 23 Nov 2010
Victor (Hull, England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Raleigh RX1.0 3w Front and 1/2w Rear Bike Cycle Light Set (Misc.)
Front light - This is a nicely made metal tube, a large button at the rear end which is easy to reach whilst cycling. The light is super bright from a white LED, and illuminates the road quite well. It is an excellent light, which has a feel of quality about it. However, it is rather let down by the poor handlebar mounting. This is of the quick release type, which allows the mounting to be unclipped in an instant. However, the metal bolt used for tightening it fits between two plastic prongs which deform as you tighten it up and allow the bolt to pop free. To get the light to stay on I had to put in a couple of small screws. After this small modification it works satisfactorily.

The rear light has three LEDs, and is also extremely bright. It has a plastic case and a similar well made feel. The button is at the base of the light and so far has not presented any problems. The mounting for this light is a much better quality than the front light.

These are incredibly bright lights, and excellent for cycling on dark country lanes, both illuminating the road ahead and allowing you to be seen from quite a distance. The lights themselves are good quality, well made and reliable. Had these two weeks now, with 1 hour use a day and the batteries are still standing up well. I am having to dock a couple of stars for the poor fitting though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright! Great unit., 22 April 2011
Mr. S. B. Mills "Milz" (Birmingham UK) - See all my reviews
Does the job perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than LED, 31 Aug 2011
I've had lots of trouble with LED lights before (some losing their connection to the battery, being very dim, generally temperamental) and so decided to go for a headlight style of light. I used these last night for the first time, and compared with my friend's LED front light, this was a lot brighter. It lit up the dark un-lit path in front of me very well, and made me a lot more visible than any other lights I have previously used. The amount of rear light is bigger than expected for its size and it's very bright (the picture makes the rear light seem bigger than it actually is), and the flashing LEDs help with making you more noticeable from behind. The fittings are great, they fit my narrower than normal handlebar, and the rear light fitting is very sturdy. I strongly recommend these lights. I'm looking forward to more night-time cycling!

5.0 out of 5 stars value for money, 3 Dec 2010
Fantastic light set. Arrived earlier than the delivery estimate. Batteries are included, set up and instalation is very quick and easy. Very powerful front light and good flashing modes on both front and back. very pleased with the product, excellent value for money!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best light I've ever owned, 27 Jan 2012
Mr. K. Gaffney (UK) - See all my reviews
I just had this light stolen off my bike and so have purchased a new replacement one. That should tell you something. I bought the old one in 2007 and it has served me brilliantly. One set of batteries lasts me a winter season 4-5 days a week 4 mile commute. Amazing considering the light power. One part of my commute is through an unlit park (pitch dark) and it easily lights the way on full beam. Rest of the time I have it on flash and I can see me reflected off street signs 100m away.

Fits briliantly, the mechanism is great, you can swap onto multiple bikes easily (don't what the negative reviewers are talking about) and when it's on it really feels like its on and not about to fall off (never has unlike shonky back lights). Sturdy metal construction, beautiful, clean and ergonomic design. And very handy as a camping torch too. All for £15!

This torch has outlived two bikes, now sadly missed from my fixie. Damm you thief.

Never loved a product like I love this light.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't Believe The 5 Star Reviews, I Did, 13 Oct 2011
Can't believe these lights have had such good reviews.

Front Light - If you really need a light to see in the dark, and not just to be seen, please look elsewhere, 120 Lumens is not enough. The clamp was too small for my handlebars (Cube road bike) so I had to use a cable tie which did the trick but doesn't look very professional.

Rear Light - The rear light is fine, it's bright enough and does the job, nevertheless it's definately not a quality product. Cheap plastic casing with no on/off button, you just press the bottom of the casing to switch it on or change to flashing mode (which you shouldn't use if attached to the bike). Also, be carefull attaching the clamp, I snapped mine easily, maybe I was being a bit heavy handed so just be warned, you don't want to a have a Basil Fawlty moment like I had.

If your serious about cycling on dark roads spend a little extra and get a decent front light, if it's for around town then it will do the job but be warned about the fittings, poor to say the least.

2.0 out of 5 stars WASTE OF MONEY. DO NOT BUY, 21 Mar 2014
The lights themselves are nice and bright. However the plastic used for the mounts is such poor quality, there's no point in even having them. Once they are attached to the bike they will not stay there, they will break off within days just riding around normally.

The ring mounting my rear light snapped on the fourth day of use. The front light mount broke the next day.

I contacted the company who agreed to send me a replacement rear mount ring for free. They said I had to return the front light at my own cost, however, before they would replace it. Reluctant as I was to foot the bill for poor manufacturing quality, I said I would fix the mount myself.

Shockingly, when the replacement rear ring arrived and I went to fit it, it snapped in my hand. I didn't even get to putting it on the bike. I thought I was going crazy for a second by trying to fit the one that had already broken. I don't know if the plastic is just shoddy full stop, or if they've been stored incorrectly, but it's hard to find a plausible excuse.

Basically these are really nice lights, but if they won't stay on your bike, what's the point? AVOID.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality!, 26 Oct 2013
The headlight ran out of battery charge before i even got to use item. I had turned it on and off to test item and worked, next day would not turn on when actually needed it.

The Holder for the rear light after one days use fell apart.

very poor quality and serves my right i guess for going cheap.

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall good product, but problems fixing/attaching the front light, 6 Jan 2012
It's a good product overall. Rear light very sturdy, well made and bright enough by all accounts. Same can be said about the front light (just bright enough for pitch dark riding and the light can be taken off and used as a torch). There is a major problem however with the way the front clip attaches to the front bar. That bottom screw (that you can see the handle of at the bottom of the product picture) is supposed to tighten the ring that goes around your steering bar. The ring can open entirely so you can wrap it around the bar, and then the screw can close and tighten the ring by nesting in the fork-like opening within the ring. Sadly the fork is way too flimsy. The teeth of the fork are too flexible/soft and they come apart rendering the already shallow screw-nesting dent way to shallow to hold the tighten screw and so the ring opens and the clip slides off the bar. I have already bought the thing, so i will try to fasten the flimsy teeth with a piece of hard wire or another orthogonal screw, but i wouldn't have bought the light set had i known this ordeal awaits me.

5.0 out of 5 stars raleigh 120 lumen 3 watt super bright, 19 Oct 2011
very impressed with this pair of lights - front is neat and compact and solidly put together and emits a huge amount of light; rear is neat and pulses very brightly. both clip on and off very easily; a bargain at this price

Raleigh RX1.0 3w Front and 1/2w Rear Bike Cycle Light Set