5.0 out of 5 stars Mummy told me not to tell
I really enjoyed this book. I was myself a foster carer a few years ago and could relate to Cathy's experiences. Cathy comes across as a very knowledgable and strong women and worked hard with Reece, the boy she fostered. It was great that the book had a haapy ending for Reece as I know that this is not always the case.
I will definately read other books Cathy has...
Published on 4 Jan 2011 by gillain

2.0 out of 5 stars Mummy told me mot to tell
This is the first Cathy Glass book I have read, so maybe I'm not giving her enough of a chance, but I have to say it will be a while before I read another! While my heart went out to little Reece (and his siblings) in this book, I found myself being completely aggravated by the author, or the way the book was written......... I'm not sure which (as it's the first one...
Published on 17 Jan 2011 by A. Lucas

‹ Previous | 19 10 11 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Book for daughter in law, 11 Nov 2010
I bought this book for my daughter in law, the book description was very good, she likes this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mummy told me not to tell (cathy Glass), 10 Nov 2010
WOW as always Cathy delivered a well written book, Reece was a very disturbed child not knowing right from wrong been passed from several foster homes as the cares couldnt cope with him, it looked like there was no hope for poor Reece untill he went to stay with Cathy.
Cathy soon implicated her proffesional ways and knowlwedge to help Reece overcome his bad up bringing and look forward to his future.
I couldnt believe how the headteacher made it obvious that he wasnt happy about Reece been in his school and would get rid of him the first chance he got.
As always Cathy fought for Reece and after a long time Reece be-came the star pupil.
Again a book i just couldnt put down well done Cathy keep them coming.

Michelle (Leeds)

5.0 out of 5 stars mummy told me not to tell, 9 Nov 2010
Mr. M. R. And Smith (suffolk) - See all my reviews
as usual i can only give praise to cathy glass for the dedecation she give to the children she looks after this was the 7th book of hers ive read and cant wait for the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing read, 3 Nov 2010
This is another of Cathy's well written and brilliant books. No other author can fix me to the book like she can! As a prospective adopter I find her books both informative, heart wrenching and educational. She has helped me understand the sort of children in care looking for forever families and I would highly recommend this book to anyone.

Well done Cathy! Can't wait for the next one!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic read!! Couldn't put it down!, 31 Oct 2010
I have read all of Cathy's other books and again I was not disappointed, as this story took me on another journey with cathy, her family, the child she fosters and all the hard work but also rewards that can come with that. In this book Cathy takes us through the story of Reece, a 7 year old boy who has come from a dysfunctional family where violence, physical, verbal and assumed sexual abuse is the norm! Cathy is not only up against the anger and hurt held within young Reece but comes up against other struggles in her determination to help Reece get a better life! A fantastic book, I couldn't put it down! Once you have read one of cathy's books you wil be hooked!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational., 26 Oct 2010
This is a must read book, simple as that. I'm not emotional at all and I welled up at a few different points in the book! Cathy makes you feel as if you're there with the family, experiencing the journey, along with its highs and lows. As with every other Cathy Glass book, the way it is written allows the reader to feel part of the story and all the emotions that come with it. I was immensely proud of 'Reece' when he was eventually benefiting from being at school. All in all, as said in the other reviews, this book will make you smile, feel sad, cry and feel proud of the inspirational little boy. The world would be a much better and kinder place if there were more people like Cathy. Keep the amazing books coming. (If you have time between caring for all the children!) Kirsty.x

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Fantastic book!, 12 Oct 2010
This book, like all Cathy's others was great, the minute i started reading i couldnt put it down. It made me laugh and cry, and really think about how lucky i truley am in life. She is a great woman, and this world is truley blessed to have her. This book is absolutley fantanstic and i would recomend it to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 21 Aug 2014
This review is from: Mummy Told Me Not to Tell: The true story of a troubled boy with a dark secret (Kindle Edition)
Another great book from cathy well written couldn't put it down from start to finish I could read her books all day very moving story with a happy ending

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me cry at times but a happy ending made reading it more worthwhile, 19 Sep 2014
Made me cry at times but a happy ending made reading it more worthwhile. God bless little Reece. Cathy Glass is a remarkable & truly inspiring woman.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Aug 2014
I have fostered my self , so you feel the frustration .

‹ Previous | 19 10 11 | Next ›