on 8 July 2011
Bought this clock for mum whose eye sight is quite poor,but main reason for purchase was that she gets confused and often can't remember what day it is, so this clock is ideal. She just pushes the button every morning and she knows what day it is.She is very pleased with it
0Comment23 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 December 2011
My father is 96 and almost blind. This speaking clock is wonderful
and so well made. It is small and neat and can been easily moved from
room to room if necessary. The large button on the top can be felt easily
so you can press it to hear the time and/or the date and day.
It has saved my father telephoning us to ask what day it is! It could be
very handy for anyone even if not blind.
on 29 July 2011
It is very useful to have an easy to operate accurate radio controlled clock which needs no adjustment and can be operated very simply by anyone.
on 8 December 2011
This item was a gift bought for my brother whose eyesight is not 100%. I did consider the purchase of an ideally similar product from the RNIB which was the talking watch but on reflection, the Communiclock Talking Clock was the better option. The speech and accuracy of this item is excellent plus the ease of use. Although there are several different modes in the menu settings ie. alarm and hourly reminders, I find that the date and time selection is adequate for his needs. The price is competitive with similar products on the market. I certainly recommend this item and well done RNIB for bringing this product to us.
on 4 May 2012
This clock was ordered for my Mum who is partially sighted and 91 years old. The clock arrived within 48 hours and after inserting the batteries found the correct time and date within 10 minutes. She has had another clock which she found difficult to understand as her hearing is slightly impaired but the voice on this clock is very clear and has the added bonus of telling her the date and day. There are no buttons on the face for her to accidentally turn on the alarm or hour repeat which she has done in the past and then not been able to turn off. This is an excellent product for an older person who can easily become confused.
on 2 September 2011
This was a brilliant purchase for my elderly mother who is almost blind. It is a good size without being too large and very stable. The button on the top which is pressed to give the time and date is easy to use and there is a variable volume control for those also with hearing problems. All in all a very satisfactory purchase and I would well recomend it.
on 24 April 2014
I feel that my internet search this morning for a RNIB talking clock was hijacked by a company through Amazon. The clock is sold by the RNIB Shop online for £29.95 without VAT for a registered blind person but this same clock is £39.95 through Amazon and it's subcontract company. The way this is advertised suggests you are buying from RNIB. I cancelled the order within 90 minutes but then got an email almost 2 hours later to say it had been dispatched and the order could not now be cancelled. I telephoned Amazon who rang the company but only got a recorded message to say they were busy.
I am very unhappy with the hijack in the first place, the use of the words "RNIB Talking Clock from RNIB" which I feel was misleading and the dispatch of the item after cancellation. Yes, I have learned a lesson but BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!! I will not accept delivery and have now bought directly from RNIB.
Have a look at the actual RNIB shop [...]
11 comment16 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 March 2012
I bought this talking clock as a gift for a family member who is very sight-impaired. She says it works perfectly and it's great for checking the time in the middle of night or early in the morning. The voice is very clear. Works perfectly as described and is easy to set up.
on 18 October 2011
Bought this clock for my mum who recently lost her sight. very easy to set up, and use. Voice is clear and in english. Would definatley recommend.
on 21 June 2011
The talking clock from RNIB I bought for my mother is excellent. She is very pleased with it and cannot do without it now. It is very simple to use and the voice over is very clear. Thanks also for the quick & super service.