5.0 out of 5 stars Make all your colleagues jealous
Published on 4 Feb 2012 by Doc Ward

3.0 out of 5 stars Somehow doesn't hit the mark
This is a product of two halves. Initial reaction is positive - a sturdy product, attractively designed and everything fits well. In concept there is nothing to criticise. Equally you can't fault the basic mechanism of the product, it works as well as any coffee press I've used with regard to the basics of making coffee. So far so good....even easy to wash up...
Published 17 months ago by S. Kruse

5.0 out of 5 stars Make all your colleagues jealous, 4 Feb 2012
I have to point out in advance that I'm not prone to being over-enthusiastic about kitchen goods, but this is now one of my favourite possessions. I love freshly brewed coffee, and have a true dislike of over-stewed filter coffee. I wasn't sure whether this was just a gimmick or whether it would actually be a useful gadget, but IT'S BLOOMING MARVELLOUS. It makes fantastic coffee that stays hot for 2 hours - I made mine before delivering a baby at work, and it was still hot after I'd finished! If you put hot water to heat the metal up before you make your coffee it stays hot for 4 hours. And in case you were wondering, I can't drink coffee once it's cooled down too much, so I'm quite picky.

This really is a superb product and I now plan to buy them in bulk to give to many of my coffee-loving friends as presents. They aren't cheap, but they are so worthwhile, and when you compare the outlay to the cost of a mug of coffee from a Barista, it's pretty reasonable. Buy one now, then buy one for each of your friends. They'll love you forever more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bodum travel mug with press., 30 Aug 2011
This review is from: BODUM Travel Press Set Small Stainless Steel Coffee Maker with Extra Lid, Vacuum, 0.35 Litre/ 12 oz, Black (Kitchen & Home)
This is my second Bodum travel mug, lost the first. I have carried out a lot of testing of other makes of travel mugs but the Bodum stands head and shoulders above the rest. Keeps drinks hot for a good length of time and is fitted with a lid that stays closed. With the addition of a press lid the drink options have increased. I drink lot of loose leaf green and chinese tea so with the addition of a press lid it eliminates the bits you don't want to drink. Not cheap but well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just when I need a proper coffee....., 25 Jun 2012
I bought this as a gift because I had been given one as a gift over a year ago and love it.
Real coffee is important to me(!) and I travel a lot for work, so this has been a life saver at those (many) times when a fresh coffee has not been available. I carry it with a small pack of coffee. I would just say be careful not to overfill as it can get a bit messy when plunging.
I've never used it to carry hot coffee or to drink straight out of, just to make fresh and pour into a cup, which has been great.
D

5.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't travel without it, 12 Oct 2012
We now own 2 of these. I have one that I take away with me when travelling so that I can always start the day with a decent cup of coffee and my hubbie has one that he leaves in the office to cut down on trips to the coffee shop. They keep coffee warm for couple of hours minimum. Fantastic design as you can drink from this without having to remove the press or pour into another cup, so truly a cafetiere and travel cup in one. Yes it's pricey but if you're a coffee fanatic it'll pay for itself quite quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 7 Dec 2012
fantastic product, great for when you go away or on a trip and want proper coffee. will definately buy as a present

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot hot drinks, 3 Feb 2014
I wanted to have a real coffee drink for on my desk without too much fuss. This way you can do without a cafetiere and a mug on the desk and just have the Bodum. Good to avoid spills.
Be careful - this keeps drinks very hot, which I like but I burnt my mouth the first time I used it.
Like the option of the alternative lid to be able to make other drinks.
My colleagues are now thinking of getting one :o) Fully recommend this product

4.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but still issues, 28 Aug 2013
T. mahli "bookbabe" (essex, uk) - See all my reviews
Great for work . Actually have a decent coffee now, and it stays hot. NOT good for travel unless you hold it upright as it LEAKS

4.0 out of 5 stars Coffee - go!, 3 April 2013
If you like your coffee it is worthwhile, the only downside is after plunging you have to put the milk in through the hole you drink from which isn't large and you can't stir it. But it is ok doing that not a big issue, still worth it if you love a coffee on the go.They do stay hot for a long time. We have this and also one without a plunge, they are the best travel mugs on the market in my opinion

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely coffee, great to use!, 22 July 2014
I don't usually leave reviews for products, but I'm so happy with this that I just had to. For a while now I've been looking for some way to have good coffee at work without having to choose between paying high coffee shop prices or suffer drinking the terrible machine coffee/making instant, but also something that fits with my fairly limited budget (so no fancy pod machines or the like). I've tried lots of different methods and gadgets until I found this one yesterday - I was a little skeptical, but a colleague loves his so I gave it a go.

And it's fantastic! I made coffee about an hour before starting work, and 2 hours later it was still hot. It was easy to fill, use etc - 3 scoops of coffee was ideal for me, though of course you may need to adjust for personal preference. The coffee it made was delicious - strong and smooth without being over-stewed (though of course this may vary depending on your brew and its coarseness etc). I was able to add milk easily through the drinking hole, or you could add it with the water before screwing on the lid. If the coffee stays too hot to drink you can always pour it out into a cup and add milk the regular way.

I can't speak as to whether it spills or not when tipped over as I carried it rather than putting it in a bag, and to be on the safe side I probably will continue to.

It also comes with a spare "regular" lid for any drinks, and you can also use the press for loose-leaf tea.

All in all I love this press, and will be getting a great deal of use out of it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely Revolutionised My Travelling, 10 April 2014
Cannot recommend this product highly enough. Has totally revolutionised my travelling since I can now have decent ground coffee wherever I go. Greatest invention of the 21st Century !