on 19 November 2010
So i heard bits of this album whilst in HMV and thought I like the sound of it I am going to buy it. But thought I would check online first and here it was on Amazon on offer at about 5 quid. I took the punt and listened to it in the car and thought it OK but nothing special at first. I gave it another chance and actually it is really good. I love it. The cover of the old Metallica track 'nothing else matters' was a fantastic surprise. I love that track. I would recommend the buy actually. I can also see where some of the tracks on X Factor have been inspired from too.....
on 9 October 2010
I've never downloaded an mp3 from amazon before but am glad i have. the amazon mp3 downloader put this album straight into my itunes library and at half the price of itunes. thank you very much!
on 31 October 2010
I only paid £4.99 for this when it was on special offer.

Some songs are by the original artists, others are covers.

It really is a great listen with deconstructed acoustic versions of many famous and not so famous songs.

The surprising thing is; When they are sung simply, by credible artists, many songs you would otherwise dismiss as chart fodder rubbish are actually very good well constructed and written songs.

However, as other reviewers have stated, the stand out song (despite the toned down child friendly lyrics) is the cover of the MGMT song Time to Pretend by Divine Comedy. It is actually an improvement on an already great song and should be released as single.
on 23 October 2010
Very eclectic mix here. My highlight is The Divine Comedy's stripped back version of MGMT's Time To Pretend. Shows what a masterful marriage of lyrics and musical tension it is. Supergrass' take on MJ's Beat It is riotous and hilarious!

Did I mention there's tracks from Sia, Imogen Heap and Lisa Hannigan? Gorgeous voices all round.

Solid Buy.
on 14 November 2010
I haven't listened to the show but the play list alone convinced me and it has been an excellent backdrop to my life for the last month. Good music with a few quirky bits here and there. Lovely!
on 28 January 2014
Fantastic album with some great songs on...particularly love the cover of Dire Straits Brothers in Arms...didnt think you could beat the original!
on 18 June 2014
Elegant and simple, it's like the Live Lounge but obviously a bit more Radio 2. This is dinner party music.