Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on 22 November 2010
Obviously i'm just rating the box set and not the music videos themselves as they are the best music videos ever made, by one of the greatest artists of all time..
There are a few good points about this DVD, the holographic cover is brilliant and it's laid out quite well. The booklet is NOT hardback as listed, but that's no big deal.
There are several problems with the DVD. The formatting is the main problem. The videos show up on my T.V screen with two thick black bars at the side (like widescreen but on the sides) Some of the videos are like this, some are widescreen, some are fullscreen. The fullscreen videos feel stretched, and Michael's head is cut off at times.
Also, the box set claims to have remastered video and audio, which i don't believe for a second. Most of the videos are grainy. My other MJ dvd's are much better quality.
Some of the videos are shown in their edited forms. "You Are Not Alone" has had the scenes with Michael with wings cut out. "Black Or White" has the racial graffiti erased from the windows and car during the panther dance, "Blood On The Dance Floor" is in fact the Refugee Camp Mix, and "Ghosts" is only presented in it's 4min form.
I just feel really disappointed by this box-set. It is definitely a missed opportunity. It could have been the best MJ video collection ever, but the way it's been put together seems really lazy.
on 12 January 2013
If like me you like Michael's music, then you won't be disapointed with the fact that all of the hits are here. The music quality is great and most of the short films are here as the full versions and the packaging is great too.
Having said that some films don't fill the screen, which maybe isn't a massive problem, but for me I would have liked them to, and even more annoying is that some films have quite bad lip sync. I suppose we should remember that some of these tracks are quite a few years old, so maybe that's to be expected.
Overall this is a fantastic collection of Michaels short films - or music videos - as the rest of the world call them.
on 22 January 2013
ive had this dvd for well over 12 months but never given it a mark on here ..... always been a MJ fan ( a normal one anyway lol ) and was chuffed to bits when this came out... and while the music will stand the test of time , the picture transfers don't :(

sad to say some of them are DREADFULL . i hope they go back and realease these gems with the quality they deserve in the future .. i'd give the mans music 5 stars ....but as a package . and i'd say would disappoint the man himself .got to be a 3 ( at best ) as the transfers ruin it
on 31 March 2011
This is a great colection of MJs Music Videos. However, the quality of the earlier videos has a lot to be desired. The company who are distributed this collection could have improved the quality of the the ealier videos.
on 6 June 2012
i bought this hoping for the full length version of ghosts...but its cut short...also its different versions of blood on the dance floor and gone too soon.

disappointed but nicely presented.
on 23 December 2010
When I heard of this, I was delighted. All in One Piece. But I was a little bit dissapointed

The set is actually beautiful. The cover are like a movie of 2 seconds from the videos when you rotate them up and down, and I kept watching at it for a long time. Really an awesome choice. There is a booklet inside, which features pictures from all the video shoots, most of them at least. It has some new photos, but most can be found on the internet. But personally I like these booklets, so I'm happy with it.

Now on to the videos. The intros before each video is nice, and the floating menu is cool as the videos and sounds pass you by. There are three discs as mentioned, in order of release, except the third one which has some rare ones. Michael is wonderful ofc, as he is the master of videos for me. Overall the dvd has all the videos released made my Michael, even some from the Jacksons, and one made with Paul McCaurtney and previously unreleased. It also has the One More Chanse video that was never released. It's nothing special, since MIchael just dances a little on tale to a crowd, hardly showing his face.

Something you probably know, is that Ghosts video is only 4 minutes of the actually 30 minute video. The decision for that is unknown, but will leave fans bittersweet, as it's one of his best works.

THE QUALITY! - is not what It could have been. They are not remastered from what I can tell, some are even worse than I've seen elsewhere. The biggest issue with them is that most video have a black box around them. I've thought it through and concluded that's maybe the aspect ratio they were made in, but I don't see why they couldn't have been stretched to full screen, unless they would lose quality. Though I have only played it on my computer. This a REGION 2 dvd, so won't work on regular dvd players, and I didn't work in windows player, only VCL. Some videos are widesceen because they were filmed that way, but only 10% of the videos. It's a shame.

I think they missed a chance to release the best video complication ever. However, it still has all the videos in there, and it's good to have, so I'm satisfied I guess to an extent. LOVE THE COVER!
on 24 January 2014
Not that good a dvd etc. I like Michael Jackson's music. This was not his best. Would use the seller again - came on time and in good condition.
on 17 May 2013
I love Michael Jackson and all his video's, however many of the video's look their age, grainy looking, but very nostalgic and enjoyable.
on 5 December 2010
I was really looking forward to having complete versions of some videos on this DVD release that have not been previously available, shame Ghosts is a terrible cut down version (guess I will be keeping my 'complete version' VHS for the time being) of a great short film in the style of Thriller (clearance problems maybe?). Also, I am not sure but it appears this is an NTSC release in a PAL region. I totally get this was the best way to keep quality due to not having to do a NTSC to PAL conversion but on a bigger screen picture quality does suffer (unavoidable). There are some errors present on edges. Given the age of the footage and way it was shot (some on video not film) this was never going to be mind blowing. However this is Michael Jackson fan's must have for sure, great packaging (could have called out about Ghost though)and nice to have everything (sic) in one place, now all we need is "Caption EO" and the complete cut of Ghost :).
on 1 December 2010
The artwork is really good...but it would have been much better with Bluray edition. Despite the disc 3, which is the most interessant for the fans, I have been quite disappointed by this screwy....