5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch Warranty Deal and Customer Service!
Bought the warranty for a new 51" Samsung D6900 Plasma TV and found that the warranty was by far the cheapest and most comprehensive as well.

You can even claim back 50% of the price back if you do not make a claim and cancel the warranty after 30 months or less.

Published on 19 Nov 2011 by MR

1.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful
Beware of misleading information given by this company.

Published on 26 July 2011 by Bobby Martini

1.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful, 26 July 2011
Bobby Martini "Bobby Martini" (The Great British Countryside) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SquareTrade 3-Year TV Warranty Plus Accident Protection (£400-450 Items) (Electronics)
Beware of misleading information given by this company.

They state "The last thing you want when your item breaks down is a cheap refurbished item that is two generations old. If your item breaks and can't be fixed, you will be reimbursed your full item replacement cost". Yet on the key facts PDF document (the small print) they state they may, at their discretion, "Provide a new, rebuilt, or refurbished product of the same or newer model"

They also state that "Reimbursement may be in the form of a cash settlement or a gift card from the merchant from which you bought the insured item." but I was told on the phone the gift card would be from Amazon regardless of where you bought your item from.

Contradictory information here so buyer beware.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch Warranty Deal and Customer Service!, 19 Nov 2011

I called to ask about a few anomolies which had been noticed by other buyers and was reassured that the policy wording was not correct and changes had been made that have not yet been reflected in the fine print. The anomolies were that advertised information on amazon said that no refurbished, rebuilt or second generation products would be given in replacement for unrepairable items but in the policy it says that at the insurers discretion they may offer this. It was confirmed that no rebuilt or refurbished 2nd generation goods would be offered as replacements only repair (if possible) cash settlement or a gift card for Amazon. Also it stated that a cash refund would be given for the full purchase price of the insured item but in the policy it says that the insurer may give a cash settlement or a gift card for a retailer. I was informed that any gift card would be for Amazon otherwise it would be a cash settlement. I am quite happy to buy from Amazon anyway as their return policy and customer service are second to none!

Square Deal answered the phone very quickly, were very responsive to my questions and dealt with setting up my policy with ease. Very pleasant mannered and great customer service. Certainly a refreshing change to some companies I have had to deal with in the past.

This warranty cost me £175.49 for 5 years yet the same warranty from Comet would have cost £479.99. No contest on price and the same level of cover, yet Comet would take my TV away for weeks to repair it if anything goes wrong and no doubt it would get mistreated and bashed around along the way. Square Deal will send an engineer to my home and repair it.

For me I think this warranty is excellent value for money and I am wholly confident that if anything happens to my TV Square Deal will full honour their word and do exactly what they have advertised fix it or give a cash refund or a gift card for Amazon to the value of the TV. Can't ask for any more square of a deal than that and I have peace of mind for the next 5 years!

1.0 out of 5 stars 4 year dressed up as 5 year warramty, 20 Nov 2011
robin fisher "billy" (weston super mare) - See all my reviews
There is many "at their discretion" in the small print that they know most people will not read, far better to get 5 year warranty direct with the manufacturer of the appliance, i have gone for a 5 year panasonic warranty and this was $10.00 cheaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Safe Than Sorry!, 29 Mar 2011
SquareTrade 3-Year TV Warranty Plus Accident Protection (£200-250 Items)
I don't normally purchase this type of insurance cover, as you'll probably find that your not covered! But I looked into the small print for this policy, and I'm surprised what's covered, nearly everything, seems like a good deal so I purchased, works out much cheaper than Argos or the equvalent!
Better safe than sorry, and you can be at these prices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 16 Jun 2011
Absolutely brilliant. That's the only thing I can describe about this Amazon's amazing product. When I was buying the tv one of my friend told me to get the 5 year cover as it is very important and I looked into many websites, banks and companies for option but I was amazed by the price Amazon offer. In fact it is half price as compared to other electronic retailers and far better than banks who are only willing to fill their coffers nothing else. All in all it's a brilliant product to cover for damage and accidents with other faults and you get full peace of mind. Would definitely recommend this to everyone. Another important point "if you want to claim anything there is a 0800 free phone number for that" how great is that.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 year warranty, 13 Jan 2011
We have received the warranty promptly by email but also received a phone call to confirm whether we had the documentation and that a hard copy would be received in the post.
I did not expect the purchase of my warranty to be so customer friendly and this makes a refreshing change.

5.0 out of 5 stars squaretrade warranty, 11 April 2011
Mr. Robert G. Wilson "rab" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Fastest most excellent service, ever recieved for any product! Terms and cover very good for the money.Still hope I do not have to use it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Instant cover, easy to use.., 23 Feb 2011
After making an expensive purchase like a television i was keen to make sure it was protected, Squaretrade offered that. I searched the net for similar products and decided Squretrade offered the best with the backing of Which and it is simple to set up as-well

1.0 out of 5 stars Check out alternatives, 7 Nov 2013
Just a word of advice.
As EU sale of goods law covers ALL electrical items for 2 years you are effectively buying the third year for £99.
Also if you have decent household insurance (check your policy) you are probably covered for accidental damage anyway. (Not always new for old though BUT you can get this)
Finally, I have checked out breakdown insurance availability and you can usually get this for £2 to £4 per month for each item so do the sums...
No doubt some people will find this insurance suits them but there are alternatives.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... You Never Know ...., 29 May 2011
El Mac (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
Not one to fall for the old gimmick of buying useless, non effective insurance policies, the kind that were punted by the old high street electrical chains, I can say, that after receiving the mailer from Amazon, I carefully read the information about the SquareTrade offering, concluding that, on the basis that 'You never know', this policy offered the promise of peace of mind, and that's what we're all after ...

Amazon's purchase process was as smooth as ever, which was quickly matched by SquareTrades processing and almost instantaneous delivery of the 3 year TV Warranty policy documentation - Praise has to be given to SquareTrades effort to make a potential claim as stressfree and paperless as possible through their use of electronic receipt storage, which is acknowledged.

We all buy insurance in the hope that it will never be used - 'The peace of mind syndrome', and hoping that this will never be used, I can honestly say that from my initial experience, I'm impressed .... To sum up, for the price, I doubt that this product can be beaten, and would certainly have no hesitation in recommending that you purchase.