5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Convenient
I purchased a Squartrade warranty policy upon purchase of a new phone. Shortly after purchase I received a phone call from Squaretrade, confirming my details and asking if I had any questions. This left me with a good impression from the start.

Unfortunately, I had to make a claim against my warranty when my phone had an unexpected encounter with a bathtub...
Published on 19 July 2011 by A. Kane

1.0 out of 5 stars Please read before taking out this warranty as the advert and policy documents are incorrect.
There are many reviews for SquareTrade, all very positive. Unfortunately the vast majority appear to be from people who have set up their warranty quickly & easily online and haven't had to deal with SquareTrade's customer service or make a claim.

There are multiple online retailers selling SquareTrade warranties, Amazon being one of the main ones. You can go...
Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 370 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT RECOMMENDED, 5 Jan 2013
I CANCELLED a Certificate of Insurance straight away within hours of purchase.
I got an automatic email reply confirming the cancellation. I also spoke on the phone with a certain "John" who confirmed the payment would be cancelled.

In spite of all my emails (some bounced and the other email address I got has no name on it) and calls thy DID NOT REFUND ME.This is after a month I purchased it.
I am considering taking LEGAL ACTION.

I DO NOT RECOMMENDED this company "SQUARE TRADE" ([...]) Look at their website: no Complain nor Contact Email is available. Their managers show theirs pics but NO EMAIL to contact them. If you get a message no name, surname and position in the company is shown.

NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of Mind, 3 Feb 2011
I don't usually bother with extended warranties as they are usually expensive and the premium cannot be justified against the replacement purchase price. HOWEVER, I didn't have to think twice when I saw the Amazon SquareTrade Warranty WITH Accident Protection. This warranty is extremely competatively priced and at the click of a button could not have been simpler to purchase. Also, no hidden horrors in the small print. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars So refreshing to experience insurance that works..., 7 Nov 2011
I took out SquareTrade's warranty with accident protection when my son had saved up enough money to buy a 32GB Apple iTouch. Just as well, as he came to me in distress a few months later, having dropped his iTouch on a tiled floor, completely smashing the screen in the process. One weekend call to SquareTrade started the process - had a quick conversation about the situation (happily I'd provided them with my Amazon product receipt at the time of purchase) and a day or two later I was sent an email with a packaging label to print out. Posted the damaged iTouch (at no cost) in a padded envelope and a few days later got an Amazon gift certificate emailed to me. One happy son ordered a replacement, and - having seen the benefit - gladly agreed to work off the cost of the new SquareTrade warranty! Having experienced the claims procedure, I've been very impressed with SquareTrade.

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning: keep your Amazon confirmation/receipt, 19 Sep 2011
I cannot vouch for the insurance aspect of this product as I have not submitted a claim. However, they belatedly inform you that they wish you to lodge your receipt of purchase at the start, and this will be required prior to any claim. This can apparently be done with ease electronically - so long as you have not deleted it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service., 1 Feb 2011
I was recently given some peace of mind by purchasing this insurance for my DSLR. I swiftly received a Certificate of insurance by email, then a few days latter I received another certificate by mail, followed by a call from a very nice woman just to check that everything had arrived and was to my satisfaction. Gladly I have yet to have to make a claim and I hope I don't ever have to. I strongly recommend Squaretrade and all there insurance polices for they are cheap, efficient and affective immediately.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not happy at all, 12 Jan 2014
A few years ago I took out a warranty for a 60 mp3 player - it cost me about 10.
Last month it died a death and so I claimed on the warranty on their online system.
I now have a message (on their online website) that they want to discuss this further and provided me with an American hotline. The telephone cost of speaking to them will probably be as much as the warranty costs. Also in this day and age they don't have an email address (or I can't find it).
Am I missing something here or is this set up for American customers only?

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 3 Feb 2011
Very easy to purchase on-line. Very nice and professional customer service. They called me a few days after I purchased the warranty to make sure I am happy with their product and everything was okay and asked to contact them if I had any questions. I really like the way they treat their customers! Well done and highly recommended! Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Square Trade warranty, 13 Jan 2011
Haven't actually had to use the warranty yet - and as always with these things actually hope never to need to but so far Square Trade have been impressively efficient in prompt e-mail and response to my order followed up by next day hardcopy of the warranty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Service, 3 Mar 2011
I purcased this warranty to protect a Canon digitial SLR camera I bought in March 2011. The warranty even covers items which were bought elsewhere and not just off Amazon. I am delighted with the quality of the service to date. The customer assistance team were very helpful when I was enquiring about the coverage of the plan and called 3 days after my inital purchase to confirm that I was happy with the service.

Great service for the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Be aware this is not extended warranty - it is insurance, 29 May 2012
I think like most I read the extended warranty part and thought this is a great deal: 3 yrs of warranty (including the 1st year covered by the manufacturers). However the devil is in the detail. This IS NOT a extended traditional warranty, this is insurance policy for your product (exclusive of loss/theft).

What is the difference between a normal manufacturer's warranty and Squaretrade's insurance. Well a normal warranty will fix all product faults within its duration. The Squaretrade insurance will cover repairs (plus accidents) up to the value of your product.

Therefore if your product cost 250 and gets damaged beyond repair Squaretrade will cover the cost of a replacement, and then your policy is terminated (regardless of the time left on it), because the full value (250) of your insurance has been used up. If the repairs are minor then you can keep getting your product repaired until you have used up the 250 of insurance, and then your policy is terminated. If you have any left over value in your policy (e.g. 40), but it won't cover the next repair (fault or accident), supposedly that amount is refunded to you.

I think the policy is still good, but the wording makes it seem much better than it actually is. This information is on your contract (you get this after buying) under "Limit of Coverage", which states:

"The maximum liability under this Contract shall be the original purchase
price of the insured item, excluding delivery charges.
If you have received repairs or replacements up to the value of the
original purchase price of the insured item or a cash settlement for the
replacement cost of a new item of equal features and functionality, your
policy will immediately end."

In summary you have insurance value up to the amount you paid for your product, and no more. After that cash is used up, the contract is terminated or any remaining money which won't cover the final repair is refunded.

I've given 3/5 stars for the review only because the insurance cannot be properly assessed unless the policy actually gets used. If that changes I'll update the review.

‹ Previous | 1 2 370 | Next ›