5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch Warranty Deal and Customer Service!
Bought the warranty for a new 51" Samsung D6900 Plasma TV and found that the warranty was by far the cheapest and most comprehensive as well.

You can even claim back 50% of the price back if you do not make a claim and cancel the warranty after 30 months or less.

I called to ask about a few anomolies which had been noticed by other buyers and was...
Published on 19 Nov 2011 by MR

1.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful
Beware of misleading information given by this company.

They state "The last thing you want when your item breaks down is a cheap refurbished item that is two generations old. If your item breaks and can't be fixed, you will be reimbursed your full item replacement cost". Yet on the key facts PDF document (the small print) they state they may, at their...
Published on 26 July 2011 by Bobby Martini

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!!, 28 Feb 2011
P. Blunsden (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Hope I never need this product, but I know I'm safe if anything happens to my TV. Very good service from this company, and a good deal too.

4.0 out of 5 stars squaretrade warrenty 3yr, 17 Feb 2011
i missed out on the panasonic warrenty thanks to currys messing up my order! so bought a tv from amazon,and got myself a squaretrade warrenty far cheaper than one from panasonic. Hope i have no need to use it though, all reviews seem good, so hope all goes well.bruno9

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind, 27 Jan 2011
I'm not the type of person who generally pays extra for warranty. I originally looked at buying my TV in one of the high Street Stores, and was quoted nearly 400 for extended Warranty!!! No way.

When i purchased my TV on Amazon, i read about the Squaretrade Warranty, which was too good to miss (that's what the wife said anyway). Thankfully i haven't had to use the product yet, although when purchased you get an E-mail confirmation straight away. I even got a phonecall to make sure i had received the E-mail.

I have no problems with this product....... hopefully i won't need to use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 9 Dec 2010
Bought this along with a 315 Samsung TV from Amazon. Its my first personal TV for my bedroom and thought the extended warranty would give me some peace of mind. I did find other warranty companies that were up to about 10 cheaper. But I thought it would be easier and more simple to use square-trade on Amazon as it appeared alongside the TV and just to make things quicker and easier.

Very simply they send you an email the same day with all the terms and conditions (not as long as most other contracts) and then that's it pretty much done. They even call you up the next day to confirm that you've received the email and check that you're happy with everything. One thing they did mention over the phone is to make sure that you keep your receipt (in this case email from Amazon) safe, or you can even send a copy into square-trade via their website for safe keeping.

So far so good, hopefully if there are any problems it should be as easy and simply to solve as square-trade make it out to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 7 Jan 2011
J. Young (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my new Sony LCD TV, and am very impressed with the price and terms.

Sony currently offer a 5 year warranty as standard when a TV is purchased from them direct or via a Sony Centre, buy it from virtually anywhere else and you get your TV cheaper but with only a one year warranty. Whilst the Sales Of Goods Act technically covers you for 5-6 years anyway there are so many ways of getting around it that few companies actually pay out on claims made under it, especially after 2-3 years have passed, what's more if they don't pay out you could end up seriously out of pocket after paying legal fees and / or for independent inspections.

I decided to buy this cover as combining the price of the TV and the price of this extended warranty I paid only a few pounds more than I would have for the same TV in my local Sony Centre, a bargain as far as I'm concerned because not only did I still get my 5 year warranty but also the extra reassurance of not having refurbished replacements, not forgetting the accidental cover provided by SquareTrade. Having three children the accidental cover alone is worth the extra few pounds, to get similar cover on my contents insurance would cost far more over the 5 year period, even if I took out SquareTrade on every major appliance in the household.

In summary I'd definitely recommend this product, the 'paperwork' arrived by e-mail within 18 hours of ordering and is very clear and simple, should I have to make a claim at any point over the next 5 years I feel confident that not only will it will be handled simply and within a reasonable time-frame but that I'm covered for any eventuality.

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading or inconsistent, 9 Jun 2011
Buyers beware

Ad says (in bold) - "No refurbished replacements.The last thing you want when your item breaks down is a cheap refurbished item that is two generations old. If your item breaks and can't be fixed, you will be reimbursed your full item replacement cost. Reimbursement may be in the form of a cash settlement or a gift card from the merchant from which you bought the insured item."

---Extract from key terms, (its the terms that you are signing up to, forget the ad!)

"Depending on the item and failure circumstances, at our sole discretion, we will either:
 Repair your insured item, or  Provide a cash settlement or a gift card reflecting the replacement cost of a new item of equal features and functionality up to the price paid for the insured item, or  Provide a new, rebuilt, or refurbished product of the same or newer model "

Date reviewed T&C Keyfacts : 9 June 2011

2.0 out of 5 stars too complex, 10 Jan 2013
cant get through to them to register guarantee,son-in -law failed also and he is a self employed computer programmer ,difficult

3.0 out of 5 stars Unable to take advantage of it., 4 Sep 2012
Miss N. J. Grundy "Pinky" (Blighty) - See all my reviews
Unfortunately, the TV for which this was destined has had to be returned to seller as unusable. Squaretrade were very fair and have cancelled the policy until such time as I might need it again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reviewing a guarantee!!!!!, 21 Aug 2012
These automated messages are quite amusing. How does one review a guarantee until a claim has to be made? Please ask me to review, if and when I make a claim.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Service So far, 2 Nov 2011
Just bought this and the process is really good, got the documents within a couple of hours and apart from purchasing the policy didn't have to do or send anything else, all the company asks for is that in the event of a claim you show your receipt. Hopefully TV will be fine for the next five years and won't have to make a claim but at least now I have peace of mind.

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›