5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch Warranty Deal and Customer Service!
Bought the warranty for a new 51" Samsung D6900 Plasma TV and found that the warranty was by far the cheapest and most comprehensive as well.

You can even claim back 50% of the price back if you do not make a claim and cancel the warranty after 30 months or less.

I called to ask about a few anomolies which had been noticed by other buyers and was...
Published on 19 Nov. 2011 by MR

1.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful
Beware of misleading information given by this company.

They state "The last thing you want when your item breaks down is a cheap refurbished item that is two generations old. If your item breaks and can't be fixed, you will be reimbursed your full item replacement cost". Yet on the key facts PDF document (the small print) they state they may, at their...
Published on 26 July 2011 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 7 Jan. 2011
J. Young (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my new Sony LCD TV, and am very impressed with the price and terms.

Sony currently offer a 5 year warranty as standard when a TV is purchased from them direct or via a Sony Centre, buy it from virtually anywhere else and you get your TV cheaper but with only a one year warranty. Whilst the Sales Of Goods Act technically covers you for 5-6 years anyway there are so many ways of getting around it that few companies actually pay out on claims made under it, especially after 2-3 years have passed, what's more if they don't pay out you could end up seriously out of pocket after paying legal fees and / or for independent inspections.

I decided to buy this cover as combining the price of the TV and the price of this extended warranty I paid only a few pounds more than I would have for the same TV in my local Sony Centre, a bargain as far as I'm concerned because not only did I still get my 5 year warranty but also the extra reassurance of not having refurbished replacements, not forgetting the accidental cover provided by SquareTrade. Having three children the accidental cover alone is worth the extra few pounds, to get similar cover on my contents insurance would cost far more over the 5 year period, even if I took out SquareTrade on every major appliance in the household.

In summary I'd definitely recommend this product, the 'paperwork' arrived by e-mail within 18 hours of ordering and is very clear and simple, should I have to make a claim at any point over the next 5 years I feel confident that not only will it will be handled simply and within a reasonable time-frame but that I'm covered for any eventuality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Instant cover, easy to use.., 23 Feb. 2011
After making an expensive purchase like a television i was keen to make sure it was protected, Squaretrade offered that. I searched the net for similar products and decided Squretrade offered the best with the backing of Which and it is simple to set up as-well

5.0 out of 5 stars Restored my faith in extended warranties!, 14 Mar. 2011
Mr. V. Patel "Veran" (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
Look like SquareTrade have washed the `bad taste' left by previous warranty firms out of my mouth! Clear policy details and easy to read T & C's. You get an email confirmation shortly after you purchase and setting up (if you can call it that) your policy is really easy (this involves forwarding a copy of your original purchase receipt email from Amazon onto them - job's a good un!). I was also contacted a few days later by a friendly young lady (that I could understand!), that was checking to see if everything was OK and if I needed any further help. Squaretrade also provided an efficient and friendly service to a subsequent email I sent, requesting a slight amendment to my policy.

So to summarise: A comprehensive warranty at a competitive price, with good customer service. SquareTrade come highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars squaretrade warrenty 3yr, 17 Feb. 2011
i missed out on the panasonic warrenty thanks to currys messing up my order! so bought a tv from amazon,and got myself a squaretrade warrenty far cheaper than one from panasonic. Hope i have no need to use it though, all reviews seem good, so hope all goes well.bruno9

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 9 Dec. 2010
Bought this along with a £315 Samsung TV from Amazon. Its my first personal TV for my bedroom and thought the extended warranty would give me some peace of mind. I did find other warranty companies that were up to about £10 cheaper. But I thought it would be easier and more simple to use square-trade on Amazon as it appeared alongside the TV and just to make things quicker and easier.

Very simply they send you an email the same day with all the terms and conditions (not as long as most other contracts) and then that's it pretty much done. They even call you up the next day to confirm that you've received the email and check that you're happy with everything. One thing they did mention over the phone is to make sure that you keep your receipt (in this case email from Amazon) safe, or you can even send a copy into square-trade via their website for safe keeping.

So far so good, hopefully if there are any problems it should be as easy and simply to solve as square-trade make it out to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service so far, 3 Mar. 2011
It's hard to review something like a warranty unless and until you actually have to make use of it. However, so far I have been very impressed by the level of customer care and attention to detail. As well as receiving a confirmation email I was telephoned to make sure I had received said email and informed that I would receive a printed copy of my policy in the post in the near future (which I did right on time). The person calling answered my questions about registering the receipt for the product under warranty and I was left feeling that I have nothing to worry about, which in essence is the point of a warranty I suppose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best warranty for your TV for sure, 22 Jan. 2013
I bought a Samsung LED TV last year which I bought Square trades 5 year warranty for, I didn't think much of it as I've had warranties in the past which never really work for me personally, I'm told that the part that is faulty is either not covered, or not repairable which I must have missed in the small print, but I bought this warranty simply because I felt that I had to have it covered. 14 months later my TV goes faulty, and I call up Square trade and I was only asked for my policy number which was easy to find by searching for "square trade" in my emails, and they had all my warranty details and a copy of my receipt which I had scanned and emailed them at the time of taking the warranty which was really helpful as i had actually lost the original receipt and some insurers won't do anything if you don't have the receipt. 2 days later a technician comes and check my TV and I'm told it will be fixed in around 9 working days, which would've been OK but I had family coming over, so not having a working TV would've been a bit embarrassing... So I called up Square trade and explained this, and they told me that their policy is to repair the faulty item within 5 working days or they will reimburse the original amount paid, so they decided on that basis to refund me the original amount paid which came directly to my bank in 2 days, and I was left amazed at the brilliant service, I had never before dealt with such an amazing insurance company, it was so easy and hassle free, it seemed to good to be true. Now I have a better TV than the one I originally had, I will definitely using Square trade again

5.0 out of 5 stars simply the best, 24 Feb. 2011
hi i have had many other insurance packages, for my television, and this ranks as the best value, and cheapest 5 year insurance i have taken out, it gives me complete peace of mind over 5 years, and includes accidental damage which is a blessing, with 8 grandchildren running wild in our house,thank you so much squaretrade i heartily recommend you to all the people, out there who like me, need that peace of mind. best wishes and long may you prosper. tony gus

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading or inconsistent, 9 Jun. 2011
Buyers beware

Ad says (in bold) - "No refurbished replacements.The last thing you want when your item breaks down is a cheap refurbished item that is two generations old. If your item breaks and can't be fixed, you will be reimbursed your full item replacement cost. Reimbursement may be in the form of a cash settlement or a gift card from the merchant from which you bought the insured item."

---Extract from key terms, (its the terms that you are signing up to, forget the ad!)

"Depending on the item and failure circumstances, at our sole discretion, we will either:
 Repair your insured item, or  Provide a cash settlement or a gift card reflecting the replacement cost of a new item of equal features and functionality up to the price paid for the insured item, or  Provide a new, rebuilt, or refurbished product of the same or newer model "

Date reviewed T&C Keyfacts : 9 June 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 year warranty, 13 Jan. 2011
This review is from: SquareTrade 5-Year TV Warranty Plus Accident Protection (£350-400 Items) (Electronics)
I purchased this product to insure my LCD TV. I haven't claimed on the insurance but it seems a Good product, after purchasing it I recieved an email within 5 minutes with the certificate of insurance enclosed. I also recieved a paper certificate of insurance through the post 3 days later. To make a claim the number is a free phone number which is also a bonus. Seems a good price for what I want to be insured for. 5 stars.

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›