Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Colour: Yellow|Change

on 21 March 2013
This item arrived quickly. I've timed this, it's accurate. It's blue like the picture and description say.

What more can I add? It's exactly as it's meant to be.
on 1 April 2011
Ever told your child to wait or something takes a minute or two or five. These are very bright easy to understand and give young children a real concept of the motion of time and duration. Hoghly recommended
on 23 February 2014
I love these big bold timers. They are very colourful and fun and can help individuals who are visual thinkers such as those with Autism. My son experiences anxiety and stresses out when he feels people are rushing him to complete certain tasks within a set time frame. He needs a timer to prompt him into speeding up in certain situations whereby he takes a long time to do things, however, the timers that ping when the time is up are unhelpful as they usually create more anxiety as he doesn't know when they are going to go off and anticipates this all the while whist experiencing increased build up of anxiety. These visual timers are great. However, they do contain glass which is hourglass shaped. This could be dangerous if it was dropped and smashed. However, it is contained within a plastic outer casing. I feel though that the hourglass should be plastic rather than glass and cannot understand why it cannot be plastic. If it was plastic I would have given a five star rating.
on 24 June 2015
I brought this as a visual aid for my autistic son. We have found it so helpful in managing time slots for him. He is so delighted when the sand has all reached the bottom as he knows that's the end of one thing and the start of something new. Looking into buying more of these with different times.
on 25 January 2013
These sand-timers are really great! They're really targeted for kids, but being now retired, that makes me a rather elderly child. Nevertheless, even for me they are a great aid to organisation. I wish I had found them when I was younger. I have a 15 minute, 30 minute and 60 minute timer and each has its uses, a step up from the traditional three minute egg timer. The seller's web site has suggestions for each timer's use for kids: [...] They are well designed and attractive. Lucky kids!
on 10 January 2014
I've had other timers for my 5yr old but this is much better than any electronic option I've had. It's large and a great size for kids. It's clearly visual and helps my son see how long we have until the end of the 10mins at every point within the 10mins. Often the electronic timers only give indications towards the end of the period etc. Also it obviously doesn't need batteries, so no running out of power at an inconvenient moment. I also bought the 5 minute timer, which works equally well. I would recommend them for any restless children.
on 20 October 2013
Reading other reviews, this product sounded tough -able to survive the punishment of a child. My 1 year old dropped it and the outer screen is cracked after just a few days. The sand is great but just the durability is questionable. Other colors are made the same.
on 25 April 2014
The sand gets sick in mine which is why I've rated this poorly. It looks great, good size and appears sturdy though.
on 21 January 2014
Good: The plastic outer and foam caps keep it safe from breaking.

Bad: Would prefer it smaller.

Using the stopwatch on my phone, the "60 Minute Sand Timer" takes 58 minutes and 35 seconds one way, and 72 minutes and 38 seconds the other way. The latter is 20% longer than advertised, far outside the "+/- 10% accuracy" claim.

They should make the sand timer work both ways!
on 12 July 2015
Extremely useful tool. We use it for our son with his homework and to turn it into a game to see if he can beat the clock, this has made a huge difference to his willingness to do the work. Then also when he's using the computer etc and you want to give him a 10min warning to finish, just put this next to him and he's quite accepting that his time is up without arguement. Highly recommended.