4.7 out of 5 stars1,101

on 5 May 2011
Great cafetiere- keeps coffee really hot, great for morning coffee in the garden. Just right for 2 of us - cup each and a top-up.
on 16 May 2011
Works well, looks good, keeps the coffee warm for ages, great value, and hopefully I won't be able to break it.....
on 18 April 2012
Yes. it keeps the coffee hot, but pouring a cup without having dribbles of coffee on the table is practically impossible!
on 14 April 2011
We bought this to take on holiday to USA as the coffee machines in bedrooms don't make the best coffee. We bought this particular one because it's sturdy, just the right size for 2 decent sized mugs, and should last many holidays with home use in between. Just stuff a packet of your favourite coffee inside when you go on holiday. We would happily recommend it to anyone, AND it says it's made in Sheffield, yes that's England!!!!
on 28 March 2015
Always wanted one of these so when my glass one cracked I bought this one, can't say the coffee stays hot longer than the other one but still a good hour and at least it won't crack! It looks very presentable too
on 23 April 2016
Used a smaller version for camping last year to have a little bit of luxury; was brilliant, easy to use and easy to clean would certainly recommend it, we have bought this version for camping this year as the 12 cup will fill 3-4 proper sized mugs as we found with the 10 cup they obviously relate to small coffee cups.
on 26 November 2015
Does exactly what you want. Strong, looks good, and so does the coffee. Easy to clean, robust, can put in dishwasher. Fast service from supplier. Word to the wise: buy a coffee measuring scoop whilst you're at it! Makes a sensible companion and much easier to get the measures right. Also: although says 3 cups note that for most of us this means a good mug full! So just right in my case. And becaus ethe coffe is so good I rarely drink more than one mug a day so better​ for the body too!
on 2 January 2016
I enjoy making coffee using this french press, it makes up to two strong cups of coffee provided you fill it with the amount of coffee you like, and if you add milk to each cup as well.

I tried making warm coffee and it stayed warm for quite a bit so it does act as a heating insulator quite well.

Also tried using to make a cold overnight brew, basically pour cold water in it, close lid, put in fridge before I go to bed. When I wake up, pour the coffee in a cup and heat it up, very strong full bodied flavors come out.

Lovely purchase, I recommend for those who drink a cup daily and need their own size of equipment.
on 28 January 2012
Every morning my coffee mug was filled with grains of coffee due to the poor filter on this product. It kept my coffee nice and hot but the added grains were not welcome! I have now replaced this with a brand I know and love well. Don't waste your money, buy a LaCafetiere branded product instead!
on 12 November 2015
Superb, have used glass Cafetière for many years, inevitably the glass chips or breaks, expensive to replace, provided you can locate one that fits. This not only looks good, it keeps the coffee hotter longer than the glass ones. I am delighted with it and am about to order another one for my daughter!