4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, very sturdy
Published on 29 Jan. 2011 by S. G. Morley

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality - Leaked
The cafetiere turned up on time however when I went to use it, it leaked all over the bench. Very disappointing.

I have returned the cafetiere back amazon and now debating whether to order another one, as generally the comments about the quality have been good.
Published 10 months ago by Mark123

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, very sturdy, 29 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Double-wall Straight Sided Cafetiere 3 Cup (Kitchen & Home)
Bought this as all the glass ones I have ever bought break within a few months. This is stainless steel and virtually indestructible. Works very well, pours very well (unlike many others I have tried), really very sturdy little thing. This is listed as a 3 cup, but this is three espresso cups so only one big mug, but that's all I want it for, for my morning coffee pick me up. It is stainless steel, but when first put in the dishwasher did stain slightly around the lip, but this has not got any worse and is liveable with, this is the only reason I did not give it five stars. Would definitely buy again, very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for me, 18 Feb. 2011
Looked at lots of other brands. Ruled out glass, also the so called named brands I inspected the plunger was not tight to the edge. This is damn snug, well with everything being metal you can manufacturer it tighter I guess, as the casing can take the force. Zero bits in my coffee, 3 cup is great for 1 person, 6 cup for 2 people etc. Stupidly easy to clean. Looks wise, quality, very fine - no fake metal here. Happy day, oh and coffee tasted smooth as ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars stylish cafetiere, 15 April 2011
Amazon Customer "CS" (LONDON United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my 84 year old mum as she loves her flavoured coffees, but with very bad arthritis, has crunched a few glass cafetieres. This is 100% ideal for her - just the right size; grippable handle; easy to pour; can stand a few knocks. She is absolutely thrilled with it and keeps telling me it's the best one she's had. I love the design - very art deco. Would highly recommend on all counts.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must for Coffee Lovers, 11 Aug. 2013
I like a fairly strong coffee, and have tried several different types of coffee makers from Bialetti type to drip filter types in the past. However the best I found was the French Press or Cafetiere (as it is commonly known). The usual types available are made of glass, and the main issue I had with these was that they didn't serve the coffee piping hot enough for me when I came to drink it - and they inevitably break!
When I saw this double wall, straight sided make, I read the reviews available and was a little hesitant at first in reading that being metal, some reviewers stated that it would change the flavour of the coffee. What a load of tosh!

I am SO pleased with this handy 3 cup (or 1 mug full, as I prefer to call it) that I cannot recommend it highly enough.

My advice would be to first warm the put half full with boiling hot water - then after swishing it around for a good 15 seconds, pour this hot water into the mug you will be drinking the coffee from. Next, add one and a half measures (about 2 heaped teaspoon full) of the ground coffee of your choice I prefer to grind the beans fresh. Pout the water to just before the spout and stir well. Then place the lid onto the cafetiere with the plunger just resting on the surface of the coffee and leave for about 3 minutes. After this, depress the plunger, leave for a further 30 seconds during which time I empty the drinking mug of the warming water initially poured in, and pour out the delicious coffee. Cream and one sweetener for me - and the beverage is as perfect as I can get anywhere in the world!.

Certainly give this a try - you will NOT be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Coffee Anyone???, 10 Mar. 2011
My wife drinks Decaf but proper ground coffee, I take mine fully leaded. These little Cafetieres are just right, not sure about 3 cups, but each manages one good mug. Perfect for travelling as completely made from Stainless Steel, no breakable parts, Absolute must have for anyone who likes their coffee, but doesn't want to make a large Cafetiere full, or for a couple with differing tastes in coffee... We also have the 8 cup version, it is because the quality of the larger one is so good that we bought these smaller ones, and the quality is just the same in these smaller versions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, 28 Jun. 2012
Michael C. Burrows "Sixpennywren" (Ringwood, England) - See all my reviews
This item is completely stainless steel and subsequently no possible glass breakage involved at all. It's double "skin" keeps the coffee hot and it is well balanced and doesn't drip when pouring. A very well made cafetiere that looks good too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Double-wall Straight Sided Cafetiere, 1 Jun. 2012
After breaking several glass cafetiere's using the plastic type one's, I had had enough, so decided to purchase a stainless steel one, I first saw them in steel in hotels and some B&B's had them on their tables at breakfast time, I find it keeps my coffee much hotter for longer, due to the double steel skin, and it's so much easier to clean out afterwards, also, there's no silly nut at the bottom of the plunger that usually needs constant tightening up.

It says it's a 3 cup model, but I just fill it to within an inch of the rim, and that will pour into a mug and leave room for milk.

An excellent product, and a great price too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cafetiere, 16 July 2012
A great little Cafetiere, but not a 3 cup unless it just a mouthful cup. Does a standard size mug. Would I buy this again, well yes it does the job for me and at a great price

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot coffee, 11 Jun. 2012
I love this little cafetiere. Top tip, fill it with hot water first to warm it up, then pour away (into your cup to warm that up too) and then make your coffee - delicious!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice looker, 17 Feb. 2011
The item came fairly quickly and it looks pretty good, All Stainless steel parts finished well and good quality.
The knob is chrome plated but v difficult to tell its not stainless. (This does mean it may not cope with a dishwasher very well.

Double-wall Straight Sided Cafetiere 3 Cup