Published 10 months ago by Morty Moose

1.0 out of 5 stars cancer link ingredient
We all need the B vitamins but did you know there are more than 50 B vitamins? Most think there are only 12. Why? Because we've been brainwashed by the supplements industry.

Published 5 months ago by D&D

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing miraculous but did no harm....also DOESN'T cause acne!, 2 Feb 2014
Morty Moose "Satisfaction of one's curiosity ... (Perthshire, Bonny Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Swanson Super Stress B-Complex with Vitamin C (100 Capsules) (Personal Care)
I had no disernible reactions to this supplement, although it was a while ago when i was taking them, partly for stress, but also because i was trying vitamin b2 400mg per day for migraines, so needed a b-complex to help balance things out. I have taken b-complex 50mg before and it aggravated my adult acne very badly, but for some readon this one doesn't. Apparently this is a very common reaction with b vitamins.... part of the reason for choosing this particular one was that it is recommended that you take 2 capsules a day if you want the approx 50mg. I only take one, so it is like taking 1/2 dose of b-complex 50mg. The rest of the dose is made up through my multi-vitamin Now Foods Special One, Multi Vitamin and Mineral, 180 Tablets, so I am still getting a good dose of the B vitamins.

Ingredients of ONE capsule:
Pantothenic acid 125mg

Choline bitartrare 50mg
Inositol 50mg
PABA 25mg

Capsule gelatine, magnesium stearate, rice flour

BEST BEFORE DATES:
If you have a relatively old bottle, like me, you may be concerned that it has no Use By date on it. I got in touch with Swanson (beware the so-called UK Swanson website...it appears to be linked to a dodgy site,with a dodgy phone number!). They told me that all of their vitamins have an approx shelf life of 2 years after the manufacturing date.

NB. If you don't like taking quite large capsules then these may not be for you. They are 23mm x 8mm.

5.0 out of 5 stars I luv it, 29 April 2013
It makes a big difference, lifts mood and constipation is now a thing of the past. I am pleasantly surprised. Keep it up Swanson.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changers, 14 May 2014
I was advised to take a high dose b-complex to help stabilise bipolar II and the depressions that it brings. I am on my third bottle of swansons and could not live without it. This vitamin along with others has helped me remain stable and become medication free, plus for the first time in years I was S.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder) free last winter which is a miracle for me I always dip at the end of summer until spring. The only negative I have is they cannot say if it is gluten free as I believe not all of their vitamins are but so far I have had no ill affects and I have celiac disease. When I first started to take them I did hit a mild high so if vulnerable to mania please start with one but tell your pdoc/doctor first but that did settle for me after a week, I take two every morning and would highly recommend them they changed my life for the better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fully recommended, 17 Jan 2014
All the contents look mega dosed in this combination capsule but the truth is that only a small portion of the B12 in particular will be absorbed through the stomach. I take it three times a week rather than every day.

Warning - be prepared for the shock of radioactive yellow urine for the few hours after you take it! It's harmless - just the excess being flushed out of the body.

1.0 out of 5 stars cancer link ingredient, 5 July 2014
D&D - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)

As usual, this does not offer enough of all the Bs because it's synthetic. While most B vitamins are water-soluble, so the body can easily get rid of any overdoses, be careful with folic acid here though - it can cause cancer as it's synthetic - you really need folate, the natural version of vitamin B9. Also the B12 is the cheaper cyanocobalamin (cyanide!), you want methylcobalamin.

US companies Premier Research and Innate Response (expensive over here) and Standard Process (unobtainable over here) offer natural vitamins - see my review of "Supplements Exposed: The Truth They Don't Want You to Know About Vitamins, Minerals, and Their Effects on Your Health". Synthetics work short-term but always have a longer-term "cost".

"The Calcium Lie II" is an intriguing book claiming to explain the root cause of most illnesses suggests stablilised rice bran + raw seeds as a great source of natural B Complex vitamins (pumpkin seeds are the only seeds with a good zinc-to-copper balance for those who have copper overload as explained in "Why Am I Always So Tired").

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 27 Jan 2013
I felt better even within the first two days. It have a weird smell when you swallow it but nothing to worry

5.0 out of 5 stars These work, 7 April 2014
Mr. R. Leader (Basingstoke, Hants, U.K) - See all my reviews
Very happy with this product, easy to take and they seem to have reduced my levels of Anxiety. I have had no noticeable side effects.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a good product, though not as efficient as more expensive brands, 15 Dec 2012
I have switched to this product from a more expensive brand. I am taking Vitamin B Complex in order to minimise hair loss - every time I washed my hair I was losing loads. I used to take one capsule a day of the more expensive brand and it did a good job. I have to take two of this prodct now as one did not do the job. But then, taking two a day still works out cheaper than taking one a day of the more expensive brand. The only issue is that I feel bad about buying the cheapest I can get, but then... I guess these companies still make loads of money. I think I will stay with this brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped with my sleep., 9 July 2014
I ordered this item and hope it would help with my mood and sleeping problem. It has worked well for my sleep problem. However, I'm not sure if it has helped my mood. Overall, good product as my sleep was my main issue.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must have., 26 Mar 2013
B complex is excellent in helping to eleviate stress issues ,and as i live a very busy stressful life ,this complex is vital to me.