5.0 out of 5 stars red microwave
absolutely perfect has the same capacity of other microwaves, but takes up a fraction of the space as it fits in to the corner, vary impressed with the steamer facility my veg has never tasted so good
Published on 20 Jan. 2013 by Carol Martin

I purchased this microwave 3 months ago on the back of all the positive reviews, combined with the fact that this microwave fits well into a corner space which seemed ideal for our particular requirement.

Published 4 months ago by Chris M

5.0 out of 5 stars red microwave, 20 Jan. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Microwave - not omnipotent but still works wonderfully., 13 Aug. 2014
Wow, so much nonsense being written about this product. "500 watts", "Turns itself on", "Ran away with my husband".

I don't know what microwave you all received but it wasn't this fine piece of engineering.

It's a great little device - And I say little here only in the outside dimensions. Internally it's more than big enough to hold a standard size dinner plate. Obviously if you like your meals like you like your peat delivery trucks, then your gigantic "sunday roast to end all roasts" plates aren't going to fit.

Yes, it continues whirring with the light on after the beeper goes, but in the two years I've owned it, the cooking has always stopped at that point. It's just there to remind you to pay a little attention to the food you're attempting to ruin by steaming it at maximum power.

There are many complaints about it turning itself on. Are you sure you didn't just press the buttons and then forget about it? Oh wait, it even has a safety mechanism for that - It won't let you use it until the door's been opened within a few minutes. You know, to put food in.

I'd recommend this thing to anyone who wants a good looking low profile microwave and doesn't have enough power to heat a small football stadium in the winter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great space saving microwave, 26 Oct. 2011
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
We recently updated our kitchen from an old 1950s look to bring it right up to the 21st century. As soon as we finished we knew we needed a microwave, the old silver sanyo had served us well but it looked old, and took up too much space.

I'm not aware of another model that is designed like this, with a curved back, and the controls underneath, but I can say it works. It's the only one we could find that would sit in the corner at a 45 degree angle from the wall, so we were hoping it looked it good. I wasn't disappointed, it looks great and feels well made with glossy paint over a metal body. The slick black front also looks good, we've even had people commenting on how good it looks.

In terms of performance it is also very good, the only reason it loses a star is I'm not too fond of the controls. They are touch controls, but you seem to have to plant your thumb on them to get it to work. Once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad, just a little frustrating at first. So it loses a star for that, although the instructions are good enough and you should be using it right out of the box.

One thing that is very useful is the steamer bowl that comes with it. Used it first time I used the microwave and worked just as I hoped. When you steam things there is a pretty good process, you enter what it is you are steaming, then the weight of the food, and the microwave works out the time you need, simples.

All in all, very pleased.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good cooking quality but fiddly digital controls and restricted height are amongst my frustrations, 21 Sept. 2014
Chris M (York) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Whirlpool Max Microwave with Steam Function - Black (Kitchen & Home)

I find microwaves extremely useful for their defrost function and for how quick they are to reheat food, so when our 9 year old, relatively cheap LG microwave broke I was looking forwards to a significant upgrade, but this sadly falls short of my expectations in some respects… however let’s start with the good:

- The microwave does sit nicely in the corner of our utility room, making it easy to open the door and gain access for our space requirements (note we do have a unit above the microwave – the manual advises you have a gap of at least 30 cm above the appliance... worth noting).
- The cooking and defrost functions work very well with food being cooked or defrosted evenly

So the main reason we bought it (position in corner) and the performance of this microwave are both good… however the following issues I still find a little frustrating 3 months on; at first I was hoping I would get used to them or learn to live with them but I have not… yet.

The issues for me are:

- The touch control functions are still temperamental for me compared to my old microwave that also had touch controls, this is made worse by the timer controls (my next issue!), but I end up putting way too much time on because the buttons are over sensitive, or jabbing my thumb against controls to switch the thing on or add time…
- The timer’s buttons are just a plus or minus to add or remove time. On our old microwave you had a 10 min button, 1 min, or 10 secs, and these were preferable and quicker. I don’t think the plus or minus would be as much of an issue if the touch controls weren’t so temperamental
- The microwave is fairly height restricted (measures 14.5cm from top of turntable to very top of microwave). We sometimes have microwave rice pouches which scrapes the ceiling of the microwave as do some of the taller soup cartons we have.
- Once the microwave has finished it continues to stay on with the turntable moving and the light on making a noise, I find this unnecessary and as I’m often busy doing other things in the kitchen and hope to open the microwave when I next get chance.
- My final issue is the jet defrost function, you set the weight of your frozen item, and the microwave pauses defrosting half way through and will not continue to defrost until you have turned the food (i.e. opened the door and reclosed and then hit start again). Whilst I appreciate this is best practice, there are times when I am just defrosting two slices of bread, so don’t want or need to do this, then hate that I have to go back over to the microwave after the first ten seconds (which in fairness to me we keep in our utility room so I’m not that lazy but still fairly lazy I guess). I would prefer if it did what our old LG microwave did which was beep to signal half way through the defrost program so you have the option to go and turn the food should you wish.

I sincerely appreciate that some will see my issues as actual positives, but as with all my reviews I want to state what is personal to me and I hope that you will find my comments useful and informative whatever your final decision may be. So the main cooking functions on this microwave are good, I just wish I didn’t have such little niggles when I feel like I tried to buy a good make and model of microwave and so spent a bit more than I would have liked compared to my cheap LG microwave I bought 9 years ago which ultimately I preferred.

5.0 out of 5 stars Function and style, 9 July 2012
M. Smith "Squiffee" (UK) - See all my reviews
Lovely item. I had a more powerful model before but decided to try this expecting slower cooking times
Not noticed this. Only complaint is that cable is very short so you need to have space very close to
A socket.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool looking microwave!, 16 Dec. 2012
I've always been a bit wary of microwave ovens and never really wanted one but when the kids started liking Oats so simple I realised it would be easier in a microwave. This is not a very powerful oven but it does what I want and doesn't take up too much space (I only have a small kitchen).
The only problem I have with it is it is not very tall inside so packets of microwave rice won't stand up in it or soup sachets. Not a major problem for me but it could be for some people. Very efficient at defrosting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Microwave, 25 Aug. 2011
Just as it describes. Functional. Space saving and good steamer too. For my Father who needed a compact microwave oven

4.0 out of 5 stars Great space saving microwave, 10 Nov. 2011
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

I'm not aware of another model that is designed like this, with a curved back, and the controls underneath, but I can say it works. It's the only one we could find that would sit in the corner at a 45 degree angle from the wall, so we were hoping it looked it good. I wasn't disappointed, it looks great. It also feels well made with glossy paint over a metal body. The slick black front also looks good, we've even had people commenting on how good it looks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great space saving microwave, 11 Nov. 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, 10 Jan. 2012
This is perfect for my smaller kitchen, looks really cool in the corner. The casing is metal which was unexpected. Steaming function is excellent. Only possible negative is that when the microwave has finished cooking the machine bleeps, but the turntable carries on turning for 5 minutes unless you open the door or press stop? Only other thing I would say its a tad expensive for what it is (750 watt, no grill, no conventional oven etc.), but as we all know good looks don't come cheap!