5.0 out of 5 stars red microwave
absolutely perfect has the same capacity of other microwaves, but takes up a fraction of the space as it fits in to the corner, vary impressed with the steamer facility my veg has never tasted so good
Published 22 months ago by Carol Martin

3.0 out of 5 stars Still like though despite a few problems
An expensive microwave but you are buying design and although it is space saving for the work top it is still quite large in hight . And you have to remember to open the door to stop the turntable as it does not stop automatically
Published 19 months ago by gjh246

5.0 out of 5 stars red microwave, 20 Jan 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Great space saving microwave, 26 Oct 2011
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
We recently updated our kitchen from an old 1950s look to bring it right up to the 21st century. As soon as we finished we knew we needed a microwave, the old silver sanyo had served us well but it looked old, and took up too much space.

I'm not aware of another model that is designed like this, with a curved back, and the controls underneath, but I can say it works. It's the only one we could find that would sit in the corner at a 45 degree angle from the wall, so we were hoping it looked it good. I wasn't disappointed, it looks great and feels well made with glossy paint over a metal body. The slick black front also looks good, we've even had people commenting on how good it looks.

In terms of performance it is also very good, the only reason it loses a star is I'm not too fond of the controls. They are touch controls, but you seem to have to plant your thumb on them to get it to work. Once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad, just a little frustrating at first. So it loses a star for that, although the instructions are good enough and you should be using it right out of the box.

One thing that is very useful is the steamer bowl that comes with it. Used it first time I used the microwave and worked just as I hoped. When you steam things there is a pretty good process, you enter what it is you are steaming, then the weight of the food, and the microwave works out the time you need, simples.

All in all, very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Microwave - not omnipotent but still works wonderfully., 13 Aug 2014
Wow, so much nonsense being written about this product. "500 watts", "Turns itself on", "Ran away with my husband".

I don't know what microwave you all received but it wasn't this fine piece of engineering.

It's a great little device - And I say little here only in the outside dimensions. Internally it's more than big enough to hold a standard size dinner plate. Obviously if you like your meals like you like your peat delivery trucks, then your gigantic "sunday roast to end all roasts" plates aren't going to fit.

Yes, it continues whirring with the light on after the beeper goes, but in the two years I've owned it, the cooking has always stopped at that point. It's just there to remind you to pay a little attention to the food you're attempting to ruin by steaming it at maximum power.

There are many complaints about it turning itself on. Are you sure you didn't just press the buttons and then forget about it? Oh wait, it even has a safety mechanism for that - It won't let you use it until the door's been opened within a few minutes. You know, to put food in.

I'd recommend this thing to anyone who wants a good looking low profile microwave and doesn't have enough power to heat a small football stadium in the winter.

3.0 out of 5 stars Still like though despite a few problems, 11 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Function and style, 9 July 2012
M. Smith "Squiffee" (UK) - See all my reviews
Lovely item. I had a more powerful model before but decided to try this expecting slower cooking times
Not noticed this. Only complaint is that cable is very short so you need to have space very close to
A socket.

4.0 out of 5 stars Microwave, 25 Aug 2011
Just as it describes. Functional. Space saving and good steamer too. For my Father who needed a compact microwave oven

4.0 out of 5 stars Great space saving microwave, 10 Nov 2011
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

I'm not aware of another model that is designed like this, with a curved back, and the controls underneath, but I can say it works. It's the only one we could find that would sit in the corner at a 45 degree angle from the wall, so we were hoping it looked it good. I wasn't disappointed, it looks great. It also feels well made with glossy paint over a metal body. The slick black front also looks good, we've even had people commenting on how good it looks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, 10 Jan 2012
This is perfect for my smaller kitchen, looks really cool in the corner. The casing is metal which was unexpected. Steaming function is excellent. Only possible negative is that when the microwave has finished cooking the machine bleeps, but the turntable carries on turning for 5 minutes unless you open the door or press stop? Only other thing I would say its a tad expensive for what it is (750 watt, no grill, no conventional oven etc.), but as we all know good looks don't come cheap!

5.0 out of 5 stars best microwave, 17 April 2012
finally --a great mocrowave.amazon delivered in 24 hrs.now steam all vegetables,taste great-does your potatoes in 10 minutes on autosteam,just click in weight and clik on.And the "jet defrost" is simply magic.My daughter bought one after seeing this in action,And it doesn't obstrude into your kitchen,fits nicely in a corner...Get one!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great space saving microwave, 11 Nov 2011
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Whirlpool Max Microwave with Steam Function - Black (Kitchen & Home)