5.0 out of 5 stars red microwave
absolutely perfect has the same capacity of other microwaves, but takes up a fraction of the space as it fits in to the corner, vary impressed with the steamer facility my veg has never tasted so good
Published on 20 Jan. 2013 by Carol Martin

1.0 out of 5 stars Could my microwave have caused a fire ?
I have just contacted whirlpool who have offered me
Published 4 months ago by karen dickson

5.0 out of 5 stars red microwave, 20 Jan. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Great space saving microwave, 26 Oct. 2011
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
We recently updated our kitchen from an old 1950s look to bring it right up to the 21st century. As soon as we finished we knew we needed a microwave, the old silver sanyo had served us well but it looked old, and took up too much space.

I'm not aware of another model that is designed like this, with a curved back, and the controls underneath, but I can say it works. It's the only one we could find that would sit in the corner at a 45 degree angle from the wall, so we were hoping it looked it good. I wasn't disappointed, it looks great and feels well made with glossy paint over a metal body. The slick black front also looks good, we've even had people commenting on how good it looks.

In terms of performance it is also very good, the only reason it loses a star is I'm not too fond of the controls. They are touch controls, but you seem to have to plant your thumb on them to get it to work. Once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad, just a little frustrating at first. So it loses a star for that, although the instructions are good enough and you should be using it right out of the box.

One thing that is very useful is the steamer bowl that comes with it. Used it first time I used the microwave and worked just as I hoped. When you steam things there is a pretty good process, you enter what it is you are steaming, then the weight of the food, and the microwave works out the time you need, simples.

5.0 out of 5 stars Function and style, 9 July 2012
M. Smith "Squiffee" (UK) - See all my reviews
Lovely item. I had a more powerful model before but decided to try this expecting slower cooking times
Not noticed this. Only complaint is that cable is very short so you need to have space very close to
A socket.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fire hazard, do not buy, 15 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Whirlpool Max Microwave with Steam Function - Black (Kitchen & Home)
This is the 3rd Microwave we have had from Whirlpool, not because it's a great product, but because the first two blew up, and after a lot of correspondence with customer services, they agreed to replace. After the second microwave blew up, I didn't want another Whirlpool product, but I was convinced by Whirlpool that the issue has been resolved and as I was in need of a corner unit, this one seemed ideal, and it was after all "free".
We've had this microwave for just over 6 months now, and though it's very small it served it's purpose and we'd not had any issue with it, until last week. it started with small "sparkles" around the microwave sender plate, same effect as if you put something metallic in a microwave (not advised!!). I was using it again last night to heat my baby daughters milk, I went into the lounge then heard a loud buzzing so went back into the kitchen to find flames coming out of the same cover on the inside of the microwave. I went to switch the oven off, but when I pressed "STOP" the oven went off for about a second, and to my horror it switched itself back on again and the flames started again. I had to remove the plug from the socket this time. Whirlpool microwaves are a serious fire risk and should be removed from sale until this issue is resolved. If there was issue with one unit, I would have put it down to bad luck, but after 3 different models with the same hazardous fault I wouldn't ever have another in my house. I am about to upload the video of the fault to youtube, This product is an extreme fire hazard, I was fortunate to hear the buzzing noise and went to investigate immediately, Had I not, I dread to think about the consequences.

4.0 out of 5 stars Microwave, 25 Aug. 2011
Just as it describes. Functional. Space saving and good steamer too. For my Father who needed a compact microwave oven

4.0 out of 5 stars Great space saving microwave, 11 Nov. 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Great space saving microwave, 10 Nov. 2011
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

I'm not aware of another model that is designed like this, with a curved back, and the controls underneath, but I can say it works. It's the only one we could find that would sit in the corner at a 45 degree angle from the wall, so we were hoping it looked it good. I wasn't disappointed, it looks great. It also feels well made with glossy paint over a metal body. The slick black front also looks good, we've even had people commenting on how good it looks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, too many performance issues, 3 Feb. 2015
Bought this microwave from Currys 3 years ago and its been nothing but trouble. As many other reviewers it keeps switching itself on/off and the timer will increase the cooking time up to 30 mins ! So you can't walk away, you have to stand over it or do what I do and that's set the timer on the cooker or another device, clock, timer, mobile ! Again like other reviewers the touch controls are temperamental, very hard to depress! You have to keep pressing multiple times before it recognises your touch. Last straw was when it caught fire on the inside, I have no warranty and being 3 years old didn't think I stood a chance with customer services but called whirlpool and without quibble they sent out an engineer free of charge, he couldn't fix it so wrote it off and gave me a new one free of charge ! Amazing customer !! service. I just hope I have no problems with the new one ......

1.0 out of 5 stars Could my microwave have caused a fire ?, 27 Mar. 2015
I have just contacted whirlpool who have offered me
la discounted microwave which whilst good especially as my micro is 3 years old but this doesn't answer my question ,which is could my microwave have caused a fire ? Now to the crux of the matter ,my micro would periodically add extra time to a reheat setting so I would have to be near at hand to reset it ,and recently the microwave started cooking whilst there nothing inside it all on its own accord and the doors are now welded together .It did not stop at all so had we been out of the house I don't know what could have happened ?

They have said I could pay for a engineer to come and check it but I feel in the circumstances a discount could be given on the cost .Has anyone else had similar problems with this model.Mine is a red colour .p.s. my electrics system
is brand new .

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice little machine, 6 April 2013
lizzie (north of north) - See all my reviews
I got rid of my big, combination microwave for space reasons and that I never used the combi features. Just a plain old heat and eat type. It's a bit pricey for its size and features, but I wanted space saving, more because I hate the look of gadgets cluttering up the countertops. This does have form, the style is nice, clean and small. It would not do for a family, but for 1 or 2, it's great. It is designed to fit in corners and it does. But it is not designed to work in corners, as the instructions say it needs 30cm above and room around sides and back for ventilation. So that means you have to pull it out of the corner to use it or not have it totally in the corner. No biggie really, though it might be to some. The cord is not adjustable and is short, so it needs to be within about 2 feet of an outlet. It is a lower wattage than most these days, a cat. C, 700 watts. But when looking at cooking instructions that only meant another 30 seconds or so of cooking time. I think I can wait that long. It is true the controls are fiddly, not in the sense of complicated, just the touch doesn't always work and it does work better with a thumb than a finger for some strange reason. I really wondered if I had made a mistake with this, but I am getting used to it and it does all I need a microwave to do. If you do lots of cooking or want to put tall things in it or are cooking for a family buy another model. If you want to heat up ready meals or leftovers and steam some veg for 2 people, great! I got the white and a very minor point - in the picture it looks like there is a white line going across the front about a fifth of the way up the unit. Mine has no line and it looks like a solid black front.
UPDATE: after about a month's use I had a problem with the control panel, where the plastic bubbled up...now I feel sooo stupid, it was a plastic covering that was supposed to come off when unpacked. Was fit on so cleanly that I didn't know it was there. I apologise to Amazon for being so dim.
UPDATE: a year on it it now makes lots on noise, rattles and has a strange habit of turning itself on for a second when the door closes. Overpriced for the design, but doesn't last.