on 6 December 2013
I first came across the first book in this series (Magyk) at a charity book stall. Once I started reading it I could not stop! I was enthralled! So then I sourced the other books and found this complete (at the time) set. I have since ordered and received the 7th book Fyre) which completes the story. Not the sort of thing you would expect a 70yo to read but they are great! As I have read them I have passed them on to my 47yo daughter and then onto the 18yo daughter of my gardener. I will then save them for my grandson. I am surprised they have not been snapped up by a film-maker!! It covers the life of Septimus Heap who is abducted at birth and taken away by the midwife to be put n the 'Young Army' where he spends the next 10 years of his life (as Boy 412) until it is learned that he is actually still alive and he is the 7th son of a 7th son which makes him special and he becomes the new Extraordinary Wizard's apprentice (the former, and 'Darke' Extraordinary Wizard, Dom Daniel, having been killed by his Apprentice). However, when people die they simply return as ghosts and Dom Daniel is determined to regain his former position as Extraordinary Wizard and has a few 'Darke' magic tricks up his sleeve. The story is spellbinding! I am on book 6 now and will be so deflated once I have read them all and there is (as yet) no further books to follow on. Thoroughly recommended for all ages from about 11 - and onwards!!
on 10 October 2015
Brilliant collection for fantasy book lovers. Easy read for pre-teens but also interesting enough for older kids and adults. Would recommend for fans of Angie Sage. Although I believe another book in this series has been released so may want to consider buying collection that includes all 7 titles.
on 13 March 2013
they came in excellent shape, new as item description said, and this apprentice edition of the books looks very nice.. movie-like "pictures" on front - very appealing. I have taken a quick look inside and its easy to read and good size on the letters as well.

i've read elsewhere that this series is in quality as that of the harry potter books. looking forward to starting reading them (probably summer time). might update the review then, and let you know how the books were. though there are many review of them on the internet im sure :)
on 10 April 2014
Met the author, loved listening to her read the first chapter of the first book out loud. I've not been read out loud to since I was a child!!!!! I was hooked!! Had to buy the box set and read them in a few weeks!!!! My daughter and mum now on them and really enjoying them. They arrived really quickly and really well packaged.
on 28 February 2014
My son who is 12 absolutely loved these books. Got them for Christmas and he had finished the lot before the school break was over. Beware that the final book in the series - Fyre -is not included as it wasn't written at the time this package was put together. It has since been completed and I am sourcing it now.
on 27 July 2011
This was a really good price for all 5 books. On arrival, the first book has a torn and badly creased front cover and the first few pages were also torn. As i already had a copy of this book i wasn't too bothered, it meant i could ditch the creased and torn one and still have a set of 5. However, if i hadn't already got a copy of this book i would have had to have sent the whole set back as unacceptable.
on 6 March 2011
These are great books, and appeal to people of all ages. The books are great for anyone of about 9yrs+. They are really good for boys and girls, having a mixture of characters.

The stories are good because there is a mixture of events, and they are not too predictable (especially for a 9 year old)

The books are both engaging and fun, and the supplement, 'The Magykal Papers', also written by Angie Sage, is a good book to read alongside or after the series in order to gain a better understanding of the setting and the people in the books.

I really love these books, and I have got both my mum and my little brother hooked on them too.

Wonderful
on 12 April 2013
I was given the septimus heap set of books for my 11th birthday and it has been an amazing experience reading about the journey of a lost princess being hunted by the custodian guards and the amazing magical trip of the extra ordinary wizard who strives to protect her. I haven't finished all of the books yet but overall septimus heap is a tremendous book.
on 25 January 2014
My 12 year old son couldn't put these down -he read the whole series (and No.7) in a week! I am now reading and enjoying them too, then I'm sure they'll do the rounds of family and friends.
on 28 February 2013
My 11 year old discovered this series in school and wanted to read through them all. This is a good value way to purchase all the books. He's on book 4 and still enjoying them.