Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£17.50

on 12 February 2000
frys' novel the liar is a really good spesimen of modern litriture. The way that fry decribes Aidrens'love for Cartwright, is expressed with such poise and grace that it crosses in to the relms of a a romantic piece. the way that Fry has arrenged the time, flicking from Adrens' public schooling to universaty to public school to universaty to public school to rent boy to universaty to the end. It is surprisingly easy to follow considering that it jumps from time zone to tome zone. In all fry comunicates life at an english public school to life in cambridge. The story is very true to life and is in places almosr belevable. I recomend this book to any one who enjoys a good laugh, cry or even some one who enjoys analysing charactor because Aidren would chalenge even the very skilled of phycologists.
on 15 September 2013
The plot is fantastic and ingeniously written, with twists and turns that will have you starving for more. The main character is a manipulating little so and so (to be politically correct and to refrain from swearing) that you would hate if you ever met him, yet somehow has you intrigued to discover his story and find out what it is that makes him act the way he does.
A very entertaining read, you will not be disappointed if you choose to give this book a go.
on 6 February 2015
ok
on 31 July 1999
Okay, I admit, Fry is a genius, he is a most entertaining and provoking read. He is all these things - but I could not help but be disappointed, at least to a degree, with "The Liar". The reason? Simply because if you read his autobiography, "Mohab was my Washpot" you'll see that "The Liar" is very very similar in terms of its characters and its style.
Come on lad - you can do it - give us something new!
on 23 February 2014
Read and enjoyed the Stars Tennis Balls: love Fry's reading voice and so bought this one without looking at any reviews. Would that I hadn't. Boring and difficult-to-follow plot, characters who are both tedious and obnoxious: very unfunny and many unwanted insights into a pretty distasteful gay underworld. Really disappointing.
on 24 April 2014
imam a great fan of Stephen Fry, I already have some of hisbooks in paperback, this means I can read him when I am traveling using by using the kindle
on 19 August 1999
Although I must admit to some liking towards this book, I find it difficult to truly love it. I am not a great fan of Fry's humour (although I like the man himself) and I found little to smile about here. Worth reading for the excellent plot but otherwise not a classic.
on 31 May 2015
A splendid tale of naughty goings on that kept me guessing right till the end well done Mr Fry you write with such flair.
on 24 January 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed it ❤ and there were many laugh out loud moments that kept me wanting more. A great Stephen Fry read
on 26 April 2015
I love Stephen Fry, so really shocked myself when I couldn't stand this book. Just not my thing, I guess.